so what did i download?

ok, can anyone please tell me what exactly is downloaded when I click on the 8000+ new item link in the news post about it? I clicked on it last night and it downloaded something to my pc that was only 422kb and didn't ask me if it was ok to download, it just automatically started. is there a possible virus from this? Why is it downloading something and not just going to a webpage?

i think it downloads images

It's a webpage saved into a file. Drag it into your browser to view it. It's safe.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

pictures?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol why click something when you dont know what it does :S

you are a DEEDEE!

whew that's a relief. All of these threats out there and i get very paranoid about these things. I wish there was a warning or something that tells you that you are about to download a file and what that file contains.

---------- Post added 2010-08-23 at 12:09 PM ----------

I clicked on it because i wanted to see some of the new items that was being added, I didn't think it would download anything.

It happens when you hold ctrl or alt can't remember which when clicking a link it'll save the webpage in the link

MMOC wouldn't put malicious content on the front page (or anywhere, for that matter).

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-...=dl&tag=button

Download that so you don't have to worry what you download.

you have downloaded the launch codes for the US American Military Nuclear Warhead Silos.

Press C to nuke Canada.

Deleted
    cccccccccccccccccccccc

it does not work, goddamnit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smartlili2 View Post
    ok, can anyone please tell me what exactly is downloaded when I click on the 8000+ new item link in the news post about it? I clicked on it last night and it downloaded something to my pc that was only 422kb and didn't ask me if it was ok to download, it just automatically started. is there a possible virus from this? Why is it downloading something and not just going to a webpage?
    Just a web page, it's worth checking out for sure if you have the patience to scroll through 100s of junk items. I found a 5000g sell value (vendor) white item called a fortune card for example, there are some sweet things.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smartlili2 View Post
    it downloads a very small item database sorta thing, and i believe when you open it, it opens with your web browser, also i believe it doesn't work on all browsers .. but it does on google chrome and its kinda pointless tbh, it only shows you the stats not the looks of the items