Thread: Arms

Arms

So i have dinged 80 on my warrior and been playing alot of Fury and im just bored because its the norm amongst warriors..

Would Arms be viable atall for dps, im thinking it could be with the 30%, im not looking to top dps charts but dont really want to be below tanks either

Thanks in advance )

Look at World of Logs, it's not as good as fury but still good. If you're not in a serious raiding guild, play what you enjoy. :P

You won't be below the tanks in arms unless you don't know how to play it. It is a bit more difficult to play than fury is, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    You won't be below the tanks in arms unless you don't know how to play it. It is a bit more difficult to play than fury is, however.
    oh yeah i know its harder just havnt seen an arms dps warrior since Naxx possibly ulduar was wondering where they all went or how bad the spec got

Ty for info guys!

Spec didn't get bad. Fury just passed it because it scaled with the gear better. Arms passed Fury in Naxx because of the Titan's Grip nerf, and it took till Ulduar for the weapons to get good enough to make up for it.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    So i have dinged 80 on my warrior and been playing alot of Fury and im just bored because its the norm amongst warriors..

Would Arms be viable atall for dps, im thinking it could be with the 30%, im not looking to top dps charts but dont really want to be below tanks either

Thanks in advance )
    Actually, if you have just dinged and if your gear is sub par, going arms is a better choice. Fury trumps arms, but only at decent gear level with good weapons. Up to that point, arms is better if you play it properly. It's a lot more fun playing arms, but it will take you some time to get used to it. Read on it.

Arms is the shit, despite what the masses say it can top charts depending on the fight (Use Bladestorm effectively). If you need a template to work off of wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Winterhoof&cn=Vengeancex

Ok while we are at it i am kinda confused about hit / expertise cap as arms. From my personal its like Exp/hit cap then worry about other stats (for PvE) but some post i read say screw thoose stats, even telling arms dont want expertise for more overpower procs. Could someone plz lighten me up if i should got for the hit and/or expertise cap or not as arms (with ICC starter gear without HM possibilitys). Thanks in advance

In my guild we have an arms warrior with shadowmourne, and believe it or not he's one of our top dps, and we have fury warriors in the group as well with similar gear.

I've seen a lot of "raid specs" being 57/14/0 which imo is wrong, I'll link the spec you should be using for Arms PvE.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....00000000000000

of course which specialization you choose depends on your weapon but poleaxe is superior, so try to get an axe or a polearm. Also, remember that as arms you don't want ANY expertise at all on your gear so when you get into T10 you should be going for Head, shoulders, chest and hands with legs being the off piece, the crafted ones are very good.

If you want more info I'm more than willing to explain.

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lemmilemming View Post
    Ok while we are at it i am kinda confused about hit / expertise cap as arms. From my personal its like Exp/hit cap then worry about other stats (for PvE) but some post i read say screw thoose stats, even telling arms dont want expertise for more overpower procs. Could someone plz lighten me up if i should got for the hit and/or expertise cap or not as arms (with ICC starter gear without HM possibilitys). Thanks in advance
    Hit is 8%, unlike fury which is 5%.
    Expertise is bad for arms since you get an overpower proc everytime the mob dodges you.

http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-w...n_spreadsheet/

There's a list of BiS gear for both arms and fury, with and without any restrictions.
    Last edited by Desirie; 2010-08-25 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeancex View Post
    Arms is the shit, despite what the masses say it can top charts depending on the fight (Use Bladestorm effectively). If you need a template to work off of wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Winterhoof&cn=Vengeancex
    The "masses" dont say anything, the numbers do. If an Arms warrior tops chart, it's because he either completly overgear all the other DPS (like, full 264 gear vs 245 average gear for others), or because the other DPS are slacking a lot. But equally geared, equally skilled, the Arms warriors will always end in the bottom of Recount. That's pretty sad, because Arms is really interesting to play, but that's the way it is, currently. Bladestorm alone will hardly allow you to top the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    The "masses" dont say anything, the numbers do. If an Arms warrior tops chart, it's because he either completly overgear all the other DPS (like, full 264 gear vs 245 average gear for others), or because the other DPS are slacking a lot. But equally geared, equally skilled, the Arms warriors will always end in the bottom of Recount. That's pretty sad, because Arms is really interesting to play, but that's the way it is, currently. Bladestorm alone will hardly allow you to top the charts.
    I know it's a bad example but check this WoL.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../Arms_Warrior/

Critcake - An arms warrior from my guild. 3k higher than 2nd place than any other arms warrior on that fight.

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../Fury_Warrior/

Look at fury now, you'll see that Critcake is 500 dps less than 1st and is 3rd warrior overall on that fight worldwide.

As I said, it's a bad example but it's still proof that Arms can keep up with Fury if done correcly.
    Last edited by Desirie; 2010-08-25 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

ˆ

No it's not a bad example =)

My point simply was : take a very good player. Give him absolute BIS fury gear and place him in an absolute BIS raid environnement and look his DPS. Now, do that same but give him BIS arms gear. He will pull 20% less dps ! Ok, I pulled this last number out of my ass, but you get the point. Arms warrior in a raid is legit. But it's not optimal. No matter how you put it, it all comes too the same : in a serious raid environnement, Arms < Fury.

Even Blizzard acknowledged Arms failed in ICC. It was badly tuned, it needed a buff but it could have unbalanced PvP Arms so my guess is, they just leave it at that and put their faith in Fury for ICC warrior DPS. Yes, Arms bring some interesting buffs. But if you want to be optimal, just bring a combat rogue, a feral, and ask the Warrior to respec Fury. That's what endgame guilds do. And if you dont have a combat rogue and a feral, sure, why not going Arms ? But then, it's the guild recrutment that fails ˆˆ
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-08-25 at 10:15 AM.

Ugh I just typed out a well thought out intelligent response and my browser timed out...

Valithria- Bladestorm on suppressors/worms >Whirlwind
    Marrowgar- Bladestorm during bone spikes >Whirlwind

Actual attempts> Spreadsheets

Blizz pissed me off when they called me fail.

Bladestorm for bone spikeds is overkill, tbh. I give you the supressors though. But these two encounters are like... Faceroll...

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Spec didn't get bad. Fury just passed it because it scaled with the gear better. Arms passed Fury in Naxx because of the Titan's Grip nerf, and it took till Ulduar for the weapons to get good enough to make up for it.
    Well that and arms warriors dpsing from the front (or the rear) with no expertise and the UA revenge spec.

Now that was one way to ensure stupidity in your raiders.

At the end of the day, after I've Heroic Strike spammed and Whirlwinded my way through ICC, I still prefer Arms. I play Fury for progression, but Arms always has and always will be my spec of choice. I have high hopes of Blizzard delivering on their statements of Arms being on par with Fury for PvE dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.