Poll: What is your opinion about Fel Fire, Dark Intent, and Demon Soul ?

Rate the new warlock High lvl spells

So, just to be clear, here I'm not asking about new talents, new shard system or whatever is related to the general overhaul game is going to have with Cataclysm, it is only about the 3 new abilities that will be learnable when you'll level to 85, wich are an instant dmg that refreshes for 6 seconds a dot and 2 buff, one to be cast on a friendly target and one to be used like a trinket cd.

I do not like them for many reasons, first of all theyr lack of greatness, imagination and fun, and decided to ask the question if you're ok with this 3 very anonimous spells, or were you expecting something more spectacular, at least for one fo them.
    Last edited by volrat; 2010-08-23 at 11:25 PM.

So we are supossed to place a single judgement on 3 completely different abilities, irrespctive of our views on the individual ones ?
    Bit of an impossible thing to ask.

The question is for an overall about the 3 new spells, wich in theory may be balanced, with one being not good but other being great. If anyone has the time to explain more in detail, the discussion is open, but mine was a general consideration about anyone of the 3 reaching the goal of being entratainig.

Other opinions are wellcome.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    The question is for an overall about the 3 new spells, wich in theory may be balanced, with one being not good but other being great. If anyone has the time to explain more in detail, the discussion is open, but mine was a general consideration about anyone of the 3 reaching the goal of being entratainig.

Other opinions are wellcome.
    How do you make a poll about 3 different things?

Deleted
    Overall i think they're 'just good', we get a button to press while moving, a bit of utility, and a cooldown that doesn't require you to spec demo. Sure they aren't OMGWTFAWESOME, but they're nice additions. I'm more excited about other things though, like having Infernal/Doomguard as guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarwiseman View Post
    Overall i think they're 'just good', we get a button to press while moving, a bit of utility, and a cooldown that doesn't require you to spec demo. Sure they aren't OMGWTFAWESOME, but they're nice additions. I'm more excited about other things though, like having Infernal/Doomguard as guardians.
    I like the idea of them being gaurdians but if you can have out an Infernal/doomgaurd AND a pet then the gaurdians will do trash dps and probably pressing that button is a waste of a CD unless they take it off the GCD which would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I like the idea of them being gaurdians but if you can have out an Infernal/doomgaurd AND a pet then the gaurdians will do trash dps and probably pressing that button is a waste of a CD unless they take it off the GCD which would be interesting.
    A Warlock's damage is balanced around their pet being out all the time, why would they need to make those two guardians weak? It's exactly like a Boomkin's treants and a DK's gargoyle, they arn't weak, they're just another cooldown.

How do you make a poll about 3 different things?
    I understand what you and CNerd mean, but there are tons of threads about specific spells, my question is an overall look to lvl 81>85 spells, that IMHO are not satisfying still being usefull; my gues is, if not all 3 new abilities could have been groundshaking or amusing, at least one of them (demon soul at least, the lvl 85) should have been something to be excited about, apart from all the other goodies everybody is getting from mechanic and talent overhaull.

Unless you feel the same about all 3 spells, then you cannot give a blanket opinion on all 3 at once, however you present it.
    You want us to judge "if at least one" is something we are excited or not about, but again lumping the three togethe makes that impossible.
    A poll on which of them we are most looking forward to would be more realistic.

Overall, dark intent is very bland and uninteresting, The other two we direly needed, the felfalme is a bit unimaginative, but overall it fills in a large gap that warlocks as a whole were missing. The last ability is amazing, it has flavor, and is a powerful CD that we again need, so overall, I am pleased with them, but 2/3 are a bit bland.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Unless you feel the same about all 3 spells, then you cannot give a blanket opinion on all 3 at once, however you present it.
    You want us to judge "if at least one" is something we are excited or not about, but again lumping the three togethe makes that impossible.
    A poll on which of them we are most looking forward to would be more realistic.
    Perhaps, but it's not what i meant asking:
    As you have pointed out somewhere else, things are to be balanced, and i think the 3 spells of the new expansion have to be intended as a whole improvement to the class, where one may do a small but mechanical important thing (like say, FF) and other more exciting and perhaps flat dps thing (Demonsoul should have been the case) whyle adding an utility (Here shoul be DI, but this is more a fail again IMO).

So, I'm basically asking if the overall improve to our resources (1 istant, 1 buff and 1 cd, with no particular grafic effect to be expected) are worth an expansion pack.

Basically, they could achieve the same goal, but in a more spectacular way; we have to be DPS balanced with others, so every improve made on sheer numbers is irrelevant, cause in the end we should be in line with other dps, but I think Warlocks like to do theyr work with a style, quality i see missing in the spells array they're planning to add.

Dark Intent has potential, but is very target dependant to get the full effect.
    We at least have the choice of target, so we have some degree of control.
    Demon Soul offers a much lacking on-demand dps boost to the other two trees. Demo may now have two, but the other trees needed that option.
    Fel Flame has been watered down somewhat, but it still serves the purpose as a sorely lacking instant cast nuke.
    Previously on the move we had the option of a life tap, or a dot and little else.
    Now at last we can pop out some damage, with the bonus effect of the duration increase, even if it is minor.

So my views on those are very mixed, and that is why I cannot offer a single opinion on all three.
    And neither can many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Dark Intent has potential, but is very target dependant to get the full effect.
    We at least have the choice of target, so we have some degree of control.
    Demon Soul offers a much lacking on-demand dps boost to the other two trees. Demo may now have two, but the other trees needed that option.
    Fel Flame has been watered down somewhat, but it still serves the purpose as a sorely lacking instant cast nuke.
    Previously on the move we had the option of a life tap, or a dot and little else.
    Now at last we can pop out some damage, with the bonus effect of the duration increase, even if it is minor.

So my views on those are very mixed, and that is why I cannot offer a single opinion on all three.
    And neither can many others.
    Agree here 100%.

As a destro pvper, I am not happy with Demon Soul at all. Dark intent is marginal at best, and I'm happy with Fel Flame. So all in all crap.

Quote Originally Posted by digiNuck View Post
    A Warlock's damage is balanced around their pet being out all the time, why would they need to make those two guardians weak? It's exactly like a Boomkin's treants and a DK's gargoyle, they arn't weak, they're just another cooldown.
    You will be able to have your demon AND the guardian at the same time. If thats still the case then I would assume the guardians dps wont be so good.

You will be able to have your demon AND the guardian at the same time. If thats still the case then I would assume the guardians dps wont be so good.
    GC already stated that being a 10 min CD it wont affect really much our dps, even if guardians will scale (how good it has to be seen) with gear.
    I should point out, however, that doomguards and infernals are NOT new spells, but spells that are here from vanilla and they ssem to have finally decided to make usefull.
    For those like me that have been playing the game since the very beginning, they do not feel like addition, but as something asked for and deserved to see from a lot of time.

Not sure what their dps will be, but it will need to be high enough to offer utility, considering the rather large cooldown.
    They are designed with two specific roles in mind, aoe for the infernal and dps, which I understand to be ranged (surprisingly) for the doomguard.

Fel Flame used to be amazing, then it went to just being okay.

Dark Intent is just meh for someone who PvPs, but might be fun if your targeted Shadowpriest doesn't keep on dying.

HoGuldan, well cool, but not useful at all in PvP with its cast time.

Demon Soul, well a good dps cooldown is good I guess. But the only real thing that impacts PvP is Felhunter and Affliction. No on pvps as demonology, lul, even though the demon soul FG is great.

Soul Burn is great.

Soul Swap needs more tweaking to become viable and not a dps loss.

Honestly, I'm more excited with the changes to CoEx, Shadowflame and Affliction in general tbh. Although I really don't think it's more effective against warriors per se then destruction, but it's a start. Soul Shard and Demon soul can be exciting, but the rest are kinda meh.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2010-08-24 at 04:55 AM.