Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can a Mage be as strong as a Warrior in PvP? Do we break like glass?

Can a Mage be as strong as a Warrior in PvP? Such as battlegrounds, etc. End-game.
    Because when I see a Warrior at battlegrounds like at level 80, they seem dangerous and if you get close and people say to me mage is made out of glass but is it like that all the way? *CONFUSED*

Mages are stronger than warriors in PvP.

Mages, frost especially, are pretty damn strong in PVP, always have been.
    You have several shields at your disposal, 2 iceblocks and glyhed evocation, far from the glass canon you take them for.

Also you completely annihilate most melee classes. :P

Mages are much stronger than Warriors in PvP.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

Mages are a glass cannon. From a distance they are unstoppable, let a melee class close and it's all over.

Deleted
    Wow, I just felt a breeze of trollwind... Must be something with the weather I guess. Figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Mage is supposed to handle a warrior by using FN's, CoC, Frostbolts, Pet Nova, Ice Barrier Nova and etc.

Depending on your gear (as for I assume u are not that good geared for end-game pvp? ), warriors may sometimes take u down easily, due to ArP and ur low armor. CC'ing them buy the time combat starts is crucial for u, if u want to survive.

Watch out for Spell Reflection. Keep an eye on their buffs, quickly stop casting by moving etc..(or use a stopcasting macro), so that u dont waste mana and get urself hit.

Generally I don't think that warriors are something extreme to handle as a frost mage. They never were.
    Last edited by gathanasiou; 2010-08-24 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Typos

im not to sure if your being serious but mages rule all melee. I play a warr and whenever i see a mage i get pissed because most of the time if mage is decent they will win or its gonna be a long ass annoying battle.

15+ Year Old Account
    WAY too obvious. So funny pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    im not to sure if your being serious but mages rule all melee. I play a warr and whenever i see a mage i get pissed because most of the time if mage is decent they will win or its gonna be a long ass annoying battle.
    pretty much this (in most cases)

when i played my friends rogue, i couldnt ever take a frost mage unless: 1) i had a few team mates and/or healer with me and they were alone or 2) they were wearing all PvE gear and didnt use their CC abilities properly
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    dks are beast vs a mage

1v1 you can rape them, but if you are in a battleground or arena, you are going to find yourself in situations sometimes where you can't keep them off you like if their team mate silences you. If this is the case, they will rip a hole in you.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedNublet View Post
    1v1 you can rape them, but if you are in a battleground or arena, you are going to find yourself in situations sometimes where you can't keep them off you like if their team mate silences you. If this is the case, they will rip a hole in you.
    What if your Arcane and use Invisibility? They can't stop you in the process of going invisible if your Arcane specced? Or..
    Last edited by Archimourne; 2010-08-24 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    If you're Arcane they will just end you.

arcane= paper atomic bomb

aka they can't take any damage but they hit extremely!!! hard.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

depends, if you are afk, than you might lose.

nah just kidding. but it all depends on the player. on my warrior i can kill most mages and on my mage i can kill most warriros. id say i win more when im the mage in a (mage vs. warrior) situation but thats because i am a much better mage than warrior.

find which play style suits you best and than pick that class.
    Last edited by VoodooStu; 2010-08-25 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A frost mage should beat a prot warrior, hands down.

Of course... Things like gear / skill play a big part in it too.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll address this issue in much more depth than most of the people posting here, and i'll give an honest comparison for all counts.
    BfA Beta Time

In disorganized BGs, Arcane with full PvE gear is amazingly fun. If you play stealthily and your enemies are oblivious, you can vaporize 4-5 of them in a row. The moment one of them with a clue notices you though, you're toast.

if u know how to play your mage in pvp the mage is a very pwerful class for example in arena. frost mage