Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If played perfectly, mages can beat everything. But almost no one plays perfectly. I've been on the other side (always loosing in theory class in TBC) and i still was able to beat a lot of people and i had fun.
    Just learn how to play your mage. Get a good gear, watch some PvP movies, etc.
    Also the engineering enchants are OP in battlegrounds. You should get them.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-29 at 04:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the others have said, a frost mage shouldn't really be losing to a warrior in a straight 1v1, even in a 2v1 the mage can still come out well here.

If you're arcane though... it's going to be different. I'd suggest just respeccing.

Frost is cool though. ICE COOL. RIGHT!?1 LOLLL

Apologies for this out of date signature!

I would recomend Arcane for arena but it is honestly a great battle ground spec. I tend to switch between frost in my haste pvp and arcane in my spell power pvp sets in BGs and have great fun with both. Arcane is fantastic at putting out constant, high damage as well as escaping from sticky situations. Frost is.. well frost . Missile barrage can be anything from 7k-20k+ depending on stacks of arcane blast, cds used and opponents resi/debuffs. A 4 stack arcane followed by another PoMd one can put out some crazy burst. Remember you always have ice block and insta invis for those impossible odds situations. You'd be surprised how fast fights can turn around as arcane e.g. someone tries to gank you when you're at 30%, you turn around snare/interupt them and blow them sky high!

Deleted
    Why isn't anyone talking about pvp fire spec?? it pawns when played well. Takes a little getting used too, but once you learn not only will you have fun but will dominate most malee ( and moast casters too , but thats taking it up another lvl. great fun though).
    SPELL REFLECT !!! Muwahahahahahahaaaaaa cough shamans, destro's etc. Will miss you my precious wards /cry

Quote Originally Posted by Ciros View Post
    Why isn't anyone talking about pvp fire spec?? it pawns when played well. Takes a little getting used too, but once you learn not only will you have fun but will dominate most malee ( and moast casters too , but thats taking it up another lvl. great fun though).
    SPELL REFLECT !!! Muwahahahahahahaaaaaa cough shamans, destro's etc. Will miss you my precious wards /cry
    ^ Might actually be a good idea. Everyone's so use to fighting Frost spec, throw them for a loop with Fire PvP.

I break like glass, then again, I'm fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    mages are prob the best class in pvp (1v1 wise) in bg's a lot of the time it is a game of 1v1 and mages will destroy ANY class if played right. especially a warrior vs a frost mage. its like lol the warrior never touches the mage

Equally skilled and geared warrior and mage , warrior wins hands down.

This assuming that the warrior isn't playing at below 1.8k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkybarkid View Post

Plz stop trolling forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we talking about the same Warriors I kite around BG's forever? It's hilarious.
    Level 85 Illithid Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    Plz stop trolling forums.
    You have no idea , m8

10+ Year Old Account

Mages can still win, and 1.8k is not much skills.

If he lets the mage sheep him, it's over.
    I've seen really, really good warriors who can almost kill me, but they are 1 in 10000.
    If they both play without mistakes, the mage wins. I wouldn't say "equally skilled" here. The warrior have to be more skilled then the mage to win.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-31 at 10:34 PM.

A frost mage should never lose to an arms warrior in a 1v1 situation.