Thread: Unholy Dps help

Unholy Dps help

here is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...os&cn=Benikage

i did icc 25 recently and was beaten on damage by a unholy dk with sub spec frost, i switched from unholy dps to frost and back to unholy so im not that good at the rotation, so i wonder if i should go sub frost or stay blood,
    he had the 251 weapon from marrowgar and he didnt passed me by much but still im pretty sure i messed up.

1.what trinkets should i use or try to get have nes in bags but it has terrible uptime and some say herukami is good

2.is around 20 exp enough or should i ignore it and go lower ?

3.whats the biggest dps lose as unholy dk from mess ups like not using garg correctly and such ?

Aim for the legs off heroic VDW 25, they are way better than the tier legs. You don't need much expertise as Unholy, 7-9 is what most shoot for. Herkumi is a great trinket if you can't get any of the raid trinkets, swap out BoV for it.

You would need to sim sub Frost versus sub Blood for yourself to accurately see which is better, but I like sub Frost better even when I don't use a proc weapon.

Swap 10str/10haste gems for your 20str gems where you can get 4str or better socket bonuses, but that's pretty much all I can tell from a quick glance.

I don't think Reaping is taken at your gear level, but I could be wrong.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Hello Archimand.

Try adding your rotation in here, so we can tell if there's anything wrong or you just messed it up a bit.
    Also, as Foibles said. Go for yellow socket bonuses, but never blue. 10 Str/10 Haste or if you're going to need hit, 10 Str/10 Hit.

Gear upgrades comes along while you raid and Scourgereaver Legplates from Valithria Dreamwalker is BiS for Unholy.
    I used Bryntoll, the bone Arbeiter (Heroic) before getting Shadowmourne and I found it nice for Frost-Sub, since it is build for "proc" weapons.
    Herkuml War Token from Frost Badges is a nice trinket in case you're not too lucky with anything else.

Concerning the expertice, I got 25 myself, mostly because I never see Blood Soaked Saronite Stompers (Heroic) and Might of Blight (Heroic) drop, but I'll most likely drop it a lot when I see those drops coming.

Gargoyle is important and it's not really taking much time nor energy popping. I usually pop it early fight, when I got all procs and buffs, to boost it.

Regards, Weedster of The Maelstrom-EU.

i usualy open up with ps-it-bs-bs-ss-dc-how
    when i move up to boss i start with it-ps-bs-bs-ss-dc-how

somtimes i use 1 extra ss b4 my disease fall off then i have around 4-5sec without disease on target
    wonder how bad it is.
    since im not used to icc fights usually fights that last less then 3min im still not sure when to pop garg trying to time it with procs and bl.
    also i seem to have problems with bone shield, wonder if anyone can post macro for it the regular blood tap one doesnt seem to work

Deleted
    I use; PS - IT - BS - SS - BS - DC - HoW - DC - SS - BS - SS - BS - DC - Optional DC, repeat.
    Pop your gargoyle within the first 20 seconds, then you might have it for Bloodlust again for most fights.
    Less than 3 minute fights sounds unusual to me, but that's maybe because I'm doing mostly heroic ICC.

Perhaps /castsequence Blood Tap, Bone Shield
    And then have a secondary macro /cancelaura Blood Tap
    If you go Unholy/Frost-Sub, the secondary macro won't mean much, since you won't be using Death Runes for anything special.

Regards, Weedster of The Maelstrom-EU.