Poll: Why do you think RP is better?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I played on a RP Server when vanilla started. Was nice. People made RP and we went to MC really fast. But after a break I came back and realized same shit as on other Servers. Spamming in Trade Channel and so on. Still some RP but not that much as in the beginning. Loved it when someone reported me to a GM because in RP my warlock is an asshole and i told him to go along or I burn his flesh from his bones But the GM never messaged me.

Overall RP is not better but maybe it was in the beginning.

RP always seemed wierd to me. Made it to goldshire with 2 chars then i had to stop playing wow for a month just to regain sanity.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    goldshire in moon guard makes me see why people are called nerds and no life for playing this game.....

RP is like acting. It requires a whole lot of imagination, and i see how that is not appealing to the TV zombies.
    "People are more dedicated in what they are doing" is true, just because they are not dedicated to HC PVE doesn't mean they are not dedicated at all.

I focus mainly on RP and PVP since I'm a Defiasbrotherhooder also.

I think on a personal skill level, I'm kind of high skilled. Not pro, not aiming for that, but i know a good deal about my chars and put research in how they work best in both PVE and PVP environments. My hunter easily tops meters in 10 mans, but there are some cases like my rogue, who i hate playing in PVE, so i use a hybrid Subtelty spec to run some dungeons, because it's more fun than the other two.

Anyway: I think RP servers have more FRIENDLY people. I think they also have a higher than average skill level too, but just because they are not in the top, doesn't mean they don't know how to play.

Oh and.. the poweremoters and ERPers are generally hated on RP servers, so those are bad examples. Quality RP usually ensues in organized guilds and cross guild events, which are not always advertised in fear of lolboys showing up.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-08-24 at 09:31 AM. Reason: This and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    RP is like acting. It requires a whole lot of imagination, and i see how that is not appealing to the TV zombies.
    Love how you insult anyone who doesn't like to RP.

I've played this game since retail and I have yet to play on an RP server.

I might give it a shot in cata!

10+ Year Old Account
    Goons HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nide View Post
    I've played this game since retail and I have yet to play on an RP server.

I might give it a shot in cata!
    Dont all RP will be QQ bla bla died when deathwing came >_>
    I Know My Spelling Is Bad so Live With it or dont and just die

I think they also have a higher than average skill level too, but just because they are not in the top, doesn't mean they don't know how to play.
    You can think that all day and night but all evidence points to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Love how you insult anyone who doesn't like to RP.
    Where did i do that? Do you read that from that sentence?

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jadugarr View Post
    You can think that all day and night but all evidence points to the contrary.
    What evidence?

What evidence?
    I stated in the previous page. Wowprogress top US realms are dominated by pure pvp realms. Best RP realm is an RP-PVP realm called Lightninghoof, coming in at 68th.

And what is the total number of US servers?

Edit:
    Tier 10 / 10 man:
    EU-Defias Brotherhood PvP en 66 9536.93 7,323 (1 / 0.86) +02:00
    Out of 263 serves, even though it's a PVP realm.
    Which means the realm that is ranked 132 is average, meaning Defias being rank 66 is ABOVE average.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-08-24 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attaxor View Post
    Atleast on Defias brotherhood - RpPvP, compared to other servers ive been on the general skill level and Maturity is ALOT higher.
    i have my warrior there. i agree that it is a nice server and people are nicer =D
    but there's never any RP. altho they used to organize many outdoor pvp battles which was awesome ^^

from my experience on multiple server and multiple chars,
    i've come to the conclusion that
    RP servers have nicer people than non-rp server
    and that horde are much more rude and looking for a keyboard-fight.
    i assume that last one has changed after the paid char-transfer came
    since horde is now 70% meaning many alliance pvpers have changed to horde.

And what is the total number of US servers?
    It's pretty irrelevant. If you look at the best of the real realms and the best of the RP realms, it takes 67 real realms to get to an RP realm. I'm pretty sure the ratio of real to RP isn't anywhere near 67:1. They lose. Period.

I say people are more dedicated to what they're doing to sum it up.

But mainly I would say I prefer roleplaying realms other normal/pvp realms because in my experiences (not stayed on normals/pvp realms as a long term thing though) tend to have a lot more immaturity rooting through them. Yes you can say "Well so do rp realms." and yes I agree every realm has it, but in my own experiences I witness it more from normal/pvp realms.

Secondly, because I enjoy roleplaying, pve and pvp on a whole. PvE more-so however, but I do enjoy the spot of PvP.

I personally don't play RP realms for the fact that I find it almost restricted: Theres endless possibilities to what your character can be, but I prefer to actually get to know the people I play with - as iin the person behind the PC, hense why I play a PVE realm

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    people are just nicer, and more likely to be (or at least act) mature.

Are you an idiot or something? Of course it's relevant!!
    I can see from your comment: "best of the 'real' realms" that you are just hatin' on RP servers, because they have more fun and even better than average.

Than tell me. How many real realms are behind this RP realm? Oh wait... my point proven.

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 11:59 AM ----------

Are you an idiot or something? Of course it's relevant!!
    I can see from your comment: "best of the 'real' realms" that you are just hatin' on RP servers, because they have more fun and even better than average.

Than tell me. How many real realms are behind this RP realm? Oh wait... my point proven.

Deleted
    I love how some of you elitists miss out on the whole dedicated point . The only reason there aren't as many top guilds from RP servers is that there aren't as many playing there. Dedication and ammount of succesful guilds have nothing to do with it. Not everyone on the RP servers are in those guilds. Many of them like their social or RP guilds, which is what that type of server is faaaaaaar better at than any PvP server. Sure, you will most probably see more skilled player on for example Stormcale EU than on Earthen Ring EU, but you won't find friendlier and more mature people, since all the mentally 12 year-olds avoid the servers.

Deleted
    Uhm.. Why would you come to an RP realm if you don't RP? >_<