Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If you look at it from a logical perspective of raid progression, the previous 10 man raid content to ICC 10 was ToC 10 man. This gave out 232 gear, so that would be the gear you would be expected to be starting with. You don't necessarily need to have full 232 gear, especially when you have some 245+ gear mixed in. One could argue that the later levels expect some gear from the previous tiers but how often are these pugs just doing 4/12 or 6/12.

The 30% buff just makes it easy. My DK (my latest char) was 7/12 in icc 10 man before he broke 5k GS and he was the OT. I'm pretty sure that group could have gone farther, and we planned to but ran out of time.

Many people seem to have gear requirements set at an extremely high level for the content which is pretty ridiculous. Undergeared has shown what is possible, in the extreme, but I don't think that can be applied to your average pug. Your average pug isn't going to have put nearly as much effort into getting a good or the best combination of blues, they aren't going to have put as much into enchanting/gemming it and they aren't going to hang around for multiple wipes on bosses. I haven't checked it but I assume they are extending their lockout so have probably have only killed many of those bosses once.
    Last edited by evan_s; 2010-08-24 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    You can do it in blues!

10+ Year Old Account
    I OT'd ICC 10 on my paladin with 4.2k, not knowing any of the fights (got a smexy shield from it too) But it was partly a guild run and one of my guildies vouched for me.

Try and run mostly with guildies and lead it too.

yeah, with the 30% buff and ppl that know what they are doing its alot less gs dependent. My DK OT and cleared icc10 with 4900-5k through the raid.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    mix from 219-245 gear is fine enough.
    Insert Signiture here.

Just make your own pug, my guild got Fester / Rotface down before the 5% buff with at or around 5.2k GS between us.

At the minute we usually bring at least 1 guild alt to our runs per week and i think they've gone as low as 4k in some instances. But its either a DPS or 3rd healer. Undergeared tanks are not really an option. But we regularly get the first 6 on HC (except Saurfang perhaps)

with 4,9k gs i was offtanking @ lich king with my paladin (barricade of eternity as shield, mixed gear from toc and other shit) so i think 4,5-5 should be enough

well i did it on my hunter with 4.4 gs did 8/12 with a few hcs , i came out off icc 10 with 4950 gs

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guilds main tank made a bear. 10 days after hitting 80 him along with other guild alts got their 10 man Kingslayer. this was with 30% buff and they all still had some sort of green on them still.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PiewPiew View Post
    t9+badges gear is fine, as long u no the fight
    this, but dont expect a pug invite (sadly)