Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Imbalanced BM hunter ideas to make it less boring.

I saw wow hunters unions "review" of the current beta BM hunters "rotation" and it got me worried. Its currently very boring. You cast hunters mark, serpent sting and spam a macro /cast cobra shot /cast kill command.

So i got to thinking what kinds of mechanics and abilities could be implemented or changed to make the BM hunters fun and still stay true to what they are. I came up with:

Frenzy - Beasts and their ferociousness is what always defined the BM hunter for me from even way back in TFT when we first met Rexxar. But when i play BM currently or when i see it on BETA im much more reminded of Pokemon where the pet is just some flashy toy and not a vicious wild animal to be reckoned with in combat. So what Ive come up with is making the 3rd tier BM talent "Frenzy" into a baseline ability you gain when you choose the BM specialization.

Frenzy would work with and increase damage and utility abilities depending on how much it has stacked on your pet. A maximum of 4 stacks. Something visual should be added to let the hunter know how many times it has stacked for them.
    Frenzy lasts on your pet for 8 seconds.

But its just COMBO POINTS! - Incorrect. They are inverse combopoints more akin to energy/rage than combopoints. You dont have to use any abilities to generate Frenzy stacks on your pet. It generates them itself through auto-attacks. You only have to keep in mind how much frenzy your pet has and remember that frenzy still is a big increase itself to your pets damage and your focus regeneration.

Quick Shot/Quick Draw
    - Rename Arcane Shot, Quick Shot or Quick Draw. We don't use mana anymore, why do we still have arcane powered magic missiles?

Roar - Increases damage by 4% for both you and your pet per stack of frenzy. Removes frenzy when used. a maximum of 3 stacks will be used at once. Lasts 25 seconds. No CD. Dispellable

Stampede - After using Masters Call the pet gives its master 1 stack of frenzy. It will give 3 additional stacks of Frenzy if they're available. While Frenzy is active on you, you deal 10% more damage, heals on you heal you for 10% more and abilities which would otherwise impair your movement will now make you lose 1 stack of frenzy instead. Abilities that make you lose control over you character consume all stacks at once. You lose 1 stack of frenzy whenever you use a shot, sting. Hots and aoe heals do not remove a stack. cannot lose 1 stack faster than once every 1.5 seconds.

Kill Command - Nerf the damage by 50%. Kill Command now consumes 2 stacks of Frenzy, increasing the damage it deals by 50%/100%. So spamming it will be ineffective.

Snake in a Box
    - Damage done by Snake trap increased by 20%/40%. Snakes now have a chance to Entangle their targets, decreasing movement speed by 30% stacks up 3 times. BM is in a bind. For pvp CURRENTLY you HAVE to pick up Aimed Shot, this means you wont get Entrapment from Survival, nor scattershot. This would help the hunter a bit with being facerolled by melee. In cata it looks like you'll want to go into Marks for BM to pick up Sic'em and lower cost for Arcane shot *Quick Shot/Quick Draw*

Trap Launcher
    - Make it like the shaman totem bar. You get to choose out a maximum of 3 traps. Survival, BM, Marks.
    Clicking the ability will shoot and instantly trigger your current trap at your current target. costs 30 energy and apply the cost reduction from Efficiency.

Bound Spirits - Instantly heals both you and your pet for 10% of your maximum HP. 2min cd. Each stack of frenzy increases this by 3%. Maximum of 3 stacks will be used at once. If either of you is overhealed, the other one will be healed for the remaining amount.
    Last edited by Dulrau; 2010-08-24 at 11:18 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont play a hunter, but you good sir, seem to have good/realistic ideas! GL and if you are gonna destroy this kids day trolling or flamming him, please dont. I hope you get alot of constructive criticism and a good discussion going
    Last edited by Nidor; 2010-08-24 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling!

Deleted
    imbalanced is the right word ...

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    imbalanced is the right word ...
    Im glad you agree (:

However it sounds like a fun mechanic, and numbers are just... numbers, they can be tweaked.

its well thought out enough. im no hunter wiz myself since... well hunters bore me currently.

interesting work on all count. very interesting
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, you just gave Holy Power to hunter pets.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    suggestion forums that way -> worldofwarcraft.com

or go in beta and use feedback.

BM hunters are just like to said they are even now in wotlk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syfez View Post
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Syfez View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoe42 View Post
    Congratulations, you just gave Holy Power to hunter pets.

I thought i addressed this :P
    Its more akin to rage and energy than holy power. You dont use abilities to gain frenzy, your pet gains it itself in combat and you merely use his charges when possible. If you notice, theres only one "finisher" but thats more of a rebalance since since at the moment you can just macro Kill Command to your Cobra shot to use it whenever you have enough focus. Frenzy would keep you awake during combat. Snake trap built into your rotation would also keep you awake, others just add utility and buffs. All for the sake of making the class more fun to play.

secondly i dont have access to the forum atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.
    Mah haed haz asploded

To be fair to blizzard, they cut Rhumba because they recognized that BM needed to have some fun injected into it.

So all is not lost.

I love you.

Hate's Ultimate Attack deals 1,000,000 LoL damage to thread.
    Hate has killed thread.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Hate's Ultimate Attack deals 1,000,000 LoL damage to thread.
    Hate has killed thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...What?

very detail....