Deleted

BM in cata blizzard no clue ?

A developer said pet damg for beast masters in cata will be nerfed and will only be around 20-30% of the players damg.

My question is now:

With TWO i repeat TWO talents in the whole tree that increase the HUNTERS damg and not pet damg and those 2 talents on a cooldown of 30 sec and 2 min and no signature skill for the bm at all you must really wonder how they plan to make bm work.

How can the devs say pet damg will not play a big part in bm spec anymore when 90% of the whole bm tree is ONLY pet damg talents ?
    If the pet will only make about 20-30% of a bm damg,damg that ISNT boosted by talents, than the damg will be pathetic,and theres no reason at all to play a bm anymore over the other specs which actually increase the PLAYERS damg.

IF a SV or MM pet makes like 10% of the damg with NO talents at all for pets but only for the hunter him/herself there is no reason to play a spec centered COMPLETELY around the pet and ignores the player when all the pet does is 10% more damg ..................
    Last edited by mmoc67a88798a6; 2010-08-24 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    poor chinese farmers

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this? I don't even ...
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

I guess you will just have to wait and see. How is complaining about something like this even accurate when you have yet to see how it play's out in the final game? I bet Blizzard will get you pleased, and afterwards you will be like, "aw worried a bit too much there".

15+ Year Old Account
    No signature ability? I think Bestial Wrath would like to talk with you, well more likely just eat your face than talk. Ya BM sucks currently and basically has for the entire existence of WoW except for the couple months where a one-button macro rotation made BM retarded insane. You might think it is stupid that a pet only does 30% or less of the damage for a BM hunter, but it is incredibly justified. Having pets be too good basically makes the actual player unimportant as the pet is NPC is the one doing most of the damage. Blizzard won't allow that to happen though.
    Personally I like the idea behind BM, but right now that current implementation is pure crap. Most of the talents suck and put too much emphasis on something that isn't the actual player. I really wouldn't be surprised if the BM tree still sees a lot of changes before release including putting more emphasis on actual player damage and less on the pet or other NPCs(Rhumba). BM still really suffers from not having a go to shot like the other trees. I thought they said they were going to make Cobra Shot the go to ability for BM, but glancing through the tree I don't think I see one talent that actually affects that ability.

Cobra Shot (level 81): A new shot that deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage. This ability will share a cooldown with Steady Shot. This will give hunters an alternative to Steady Shot on heavily-armored targets, and we will have talent incentives in the Beast Mastery tree to make this a signature shot.
    Ya I'm guessing they aren't done or even really started on BM yet lol.
    Last edited by conscript; 2010-08-24 at 01:25 PM.

Find me a MM hunters who has a pet that does 10% of their dmg and I will show you a hunter that is doing something wrong. The current beta 31 point BM tree has 5 talents that increase dmg for the hunter also and why get upset over something that hasn't happend yet and is months away from going live. If you are looking for something to be upset with as a hunter focus on Volley being taken out.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard messes up at times, but as far as dps goes, the issues come from 'changing' mechanics. Not something like this.

For example:
    armor penetration scaling is crazy on live. This makes the specc with the most physical damage from hunter (MM) scale through the roof.

Chimera shot is based on weapon damage, where explosive shot is based on attack power only. This means that as we get better weapons, our weapons hit harder than only the increase in attack power our better gear gives.
    Again resulting in uneven scaling of MM versus SV.

In arena fights were all about burst, even though they tried to tone down burst this expansion (just like they try to tone it down for Cata again)
    This resulted in The Beast Within being too powerfull... twice.
    First cupled with readiness, so it got nerfed and BM died a horribl death because of other nerfs at the same time.
    Than it still was too powerfull for arena (nothing else, only in arena) if coupled with heroism-bloodlust. So it got it's duration and cooldown halfed.

These are all known examples of where Blizzard either didn't see a problem coming, or where they did a knee-jerk reaction to fix a pvp problem and destroyed the pve playstyle with it (this is when Ghostcrawler called BM a levelling specc, since he had just destroed it for anything else)

Now for the concern of the OP:

When the devs want pets to do 30% of hunter damage, they can easlily do that.
    Not untill one of those 'changing' mechanics pop up again, it will ever be a problem.
    If you are afraid for BM than be assured that BY DESIGN it will do competetive damage, no matter what they want the pet or talents to be.

The issues could arise once things are interacting with other mechanics again, NOT by the start design for BM in Cata itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play something that acually does damage, like i dont know...marks or survival?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf pets again? Jeez, the reason I made a huntar'ogar! was for strong pets in case I d/c'd in a dungeon it would make me seem less AFK.

Maybe they finally take out the note "easy to level" from the hunters description because of that <.< (That's not only misleading as if other classes would be hard but also horrible wrong at least since wotlk)

The reasoning behind decreasing % of pet damage makes sense to me. Before you complaing about "thinking that it won't work out" you should try it and see if it really doesn't work out.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No signature ability? I think Bestial Wrath would like to talk with you, well more likely just eat your face than talk. Ya BM sucks currently and basically has for the entire existence of WoW except for the couple months where a one-button macro rotation made BM retarded insane.
    Guess you didnt play during the burning crusade, era of the bm hunter.