Poll: What do you think about Blizzard's PowerAuras?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    natures grace looks nice in my opinion..

10+ Year Old Account
    They look better than the UI that I built... * sniffle*

While they (the graphics look good) I have yet to see a blizzard integrated add on that does the Job of the add on they are trying to replace. I hope power auras stays updated it is so customizable that it works the way i want where the blizzard one doesn't look that way. So i will continue to use my own addon's much like we still use vent/team speak, etc....

I have high hopes for this change. IMO, Power Auras, or something that serves a similar purpose, is essentially required for high-end raiding. If this gets more of the community to use this sort of functionality, maybe it will raise the general level of play. The part that concerns me is how configurable it will be which Blizzard add-ons often aren't, leading much of the community to still use the add-on.

Aside from watching procs and such, though, I find it at least as useful for watching encounter specific buffs/debuffs (Unchained Magic, Unbound Plague, Necrotic Plague, etc.). Will Blizzard build in some basic support for these for new encounters (sort of like they did with the boss emotes?). If so, that alone could help with general raid awareness, but at the very least, I hope adding such an aura would be possible, or they've very much missed the mark.

I wonder though, for those of us who will likely still use Power Auras, do you think we'll have access to these ones?

I think they're okay. I've never had a problem with the SCT prompt for activate abilities and watching timers/buffs. I might try them, but to be honest I don't see myself sticking with them.

Also, I think they're pretty typical of what Blizzard does to emulate (NOT replace) addons that people find useful. They've said before that they don't intend to replace player-made versions, just that they want to make those tools available to those who are not familiar with applying and managing addons in situations where they feel it is pretty important, or useful.

So meh.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

I'd be excited if I used graphic representations like this with Power Auras, but I don't... I use spell icons and timers.

Unless they implement that option, I'll still be using Power Auras.

These things do look nice, though.

Deleted
    wtb killing machine

It's pretty weird how all the effects (so far at least) are procs except for Slice and Dice. Could it be they're redesigning it?
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

I think I'll keep with power auras as it'll most likely end up to be more customizable.
    And I use it for more than HS proccing alone, so the cue isn't sufficient to replace it.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a need for Power Aura's, as I run the in game sounds pretty loudly and usually react to my procs from the noise they make. This is a welcome addition though. For the times when I don't hear my procs I have a better chance at seeing it as well. Very nice.

Looks ok, but don't feel like I need them.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hope they are not 1:1

Would love blizzard if they could add some of the spriest stacking buffs (Shadow weaving and that new one Evangalism) Little animation when they hit 5 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    They look good, but I'll probably use Power Auras still because by the looks of it(I know not much has been said yet) it isn't very customizable.
    ^ This. I want to be able to see the timers and such as well as count (if it's a stacking buff). If the default blizz one doesn't have that option then I don't see it being used by a lot of people. They will just continue to use PowA. However, with Blizz putting in a default one, PowA is very likely to be better (ie less memory usage and such, not that it uses a lot now and more graphics to chose from as well).
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

sexy popups! cant decidee between sword and board, hotstreak, or rime!

I completely love the look of them! Thats pretty much all I can say.

Brain Freeze and Frozen Fingers and Art of War

I think by adding this, Blizzard is giving an opportunity for players that normally wouldn't use such an addon to try this out. I think we'll see more better players as a result.
    Just another random troll.