Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO Blizzard needs to work on things that matter (LIKE A NEW MOONKIN GRAPHIC) instead of trying to re-invent already existing Add-Ons. I mean, come on, does anyone actually use Voice Chat?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    IMO Blizzard needs to work on things that matter (LIKE A NEW MOONKIN GRAPHIC) instead of trying to re-invent already existing Add-Ons. I mean, come on, does anyone actually use Voice Chat?
    its their software development model, implementing useless things. They just cannot make that game perfect its still their cashcow.
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-08-27 at 11:23 AM.

I wouldn't call it useless... upcoming revisions of Power Auras will likely hook into Blizzard's system because it's more efficient that way.

So the AddOn gets improved by Blizzard in a way.

It's also available on systems where you can't install any addons for one reason or another, as opposed to Power Auras.

Deleted
    Wait, hold on.. Blizzard goes "Hey, players actually love this, lets implement this into the game so its flawless, and everybody that hasn't heard of this can benefit from it". Yeah, totally bad business..

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when has Blizzard 'adapted' an external addon/function and made it halfway as decent as the AddOn itself?

See: Scrolling Combat Text, Omen, Ventrilo

The only decent thing they did was make the threat API available for Omen to hook into.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Since when has Blizzard 'adapted' an external addon/function and made it halfway as decent as the AddOn itself?

The only decent thing they did was make the threat API available for Omen to hook into.
    I would like to present the built-in Itemrack, the upcoming RatingBuster addition to the default UI, the auction house interface changes, the in-game calendar... even if they had failed more than once with building addons into the default interface, it doesn't make this change a failure. Stop pretending your strawman "argument" is actually a valid point.

I would also like to mention that the team that works on interface changes isn't the same team that creates new models, making your previous post just as fallacious as this one.

They aren't supposed to compete with the dedicated AddOns. They haven't failed or anything, they never tried to outdo them in the first place.

It's like onboard sound/graphics. They can't compete with dedicated solutions, but they do give you basic support.

Besides, SCT and MSBT do hook into the floating combat text as well. Why do something yourself that is already being done anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth View Post
    Wait, hold on.. Blizzard goes "Hey, players actually love this, lets implement this into the game so its flawless, and everybody that hasn't heard of this can benefit from it". Yeah, totally bad business..
    Their business is excelent, holding people focused on game, with so little work on additions.