Thread: Fist weapons?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Lol are you really serious about that? the ONLY one handed weapons with strength on them atm are TANKING weapons. There will be one handed DPS weapons with strength on them in cataclysm but there haven't been or will be any in WotLK.

Also stop posting here.
    even though i should, by all rights, continue the game against you because you fell for it well after i admitted it was purely for troll purposes, i feel deflated after my failure to troll this thread(or recognize the one guy that DID buy into my shenanigans..stupid albert...) so i'm not going to bother.

i will however thank you for your contribution. it's people like you that make the occasional foray into trolling totally worth my while.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Lol fist weapons... Frostmournes' little Brother FROST KNUCKLE...

Deathknights originally were demonic, and now are the twisted yet free reflections of the Lich King. They inspire fear in the hearts of those they fight long before they ever attack.

Lol if you are looking at the dude in black armor getting ready to send his ghouls in, infest you with horrible diseases and then in the midst of it all wade in and chop you to bits, he better have a scary friggen weapon.

Dual wielding DK's are a little lol already but at least the one handed swords/axes etc still look the part.

The idea of "Deathknight summons army of the dead and then puts on his brass knuckles..." vs "Un-sheaths Frostmourne/Bryntroll/(insert favorite weapon here) etc" Really?
    You're right, this thing: http://www.wowhead.com/item=29348 is so freakin' tiny. I can't imagine anyone scared of someone with it.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=51876 also itty-bitty. No one would be intimidated if you put one of those in someone's face.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50692#screenshots:id=164859 man, that sucker is so tiny .....

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

Oh, almost forgot these: http://www.wowhead.com/item=32946 man, those are so tiny and lame. I doubt you could frighten a gnomish child with them.

Because they can't code fist weapons to be MO or OH, only one or the other. (Don't ask specifics, I don't know them)

Because of this, the Devs don't like doing it because it would then only go to Combat, Hunters, Enhance, and Frost for MH, and Hunters, Enhance and Frost for OH. It's surprising they even threw in something like Black Bruise (only usable by Enhance and maybe Combat) and the annoying fist drop for LK 10.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Because they can't code fist weapons to be MO or OH, only one or the other. (Don't ask specifics, I don't know them)

Because of this, the Devs don't like doing it because it would then only go to Combat, Hunters, Enhance, and Frost for MH, and Hunters, Enhance and Frost for OH. It's surprising they even threw in something like Black Bruise (only usable by Enhance and maybe Combat) and the annoying fist drop for LK 10.
    It's because they can't use the same model for MH & OH, they have to have a reversed version. Which seems odd, you'd think they could just have a line of code where it's like "if placed in item slot XX use model #Q, if placed in slot XY use model #V."

Also don't forget that they'll be introducing Single Minded Fury in Cataclysm, which means that warriors will be looking at fist weapons, especially ones like Black Bruise. As well as warrior tanks may start looking at Black Bruise right now in anticipation of the upcoming tanking changes for cataclysm and the removal of HS being an on-next-swing mechanic.

I thought DK's couldn't use fist weapons or daggers because they were too small to fit the runes on them... Is that stupid or is it 9000 levels above the superduper smartness that's going on in this WTF FIST WEAPONS KEWL thread

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    me think's hunter should not be allowed to use fist weapons and DK's should, it's just a stat stick for the hunter...
    Then on that case, we shouldn't get swords, daggers, staffs, polearms, axes, two handed weps. And rogues/warriors shouldn't get ranged weps. Just stat sticks.. If you take away fist from hunter we will just gain maces and take those from you :P
    Last edited by Willferel; 2010-08-27 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSpam View Post
    Knights typically use swords, maces, and polearms (spears/lances) in a lot of lore circumstances. The axe is a bit of a stretch for a good knight as it is more of a cruel weapon, which is fine for a Death Knight. Therefore Paladins and Death Knights get these basic weapons.

As for fist weapons, these are typically a bit more barbaric or stealthy. This goes directly against the idea of any sort knightly code or the like. So no fist weapons for DK's.

There are many classes who can not use every weapon. In fact, there is no class that can use every weapon. The closest is the Warrior, but they can not use wands. Most of the casting classes then have either swords or maces, but not both. Melee classes tend to have a lot of choices, but typically miss out on 1 or 2 types.

It's already nonsensical that death knights can Dual Wield, throughout lore they typically had 1 two-handed weapon, and it was evil.
    LOL WHAT? Knightly Code? DKs? Are you living under a stone or something? Since when does DKs have "Knightly Codes"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Death Knights use the same weapons as Paladins.
    I don't see the reason why Death Knights can use a fist weapon, it seems more fitting to me.

Death knight either is bludgeoning or raking something with a pointy jagged object, and fists are known to be both at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Willferel View Post
    Then on that case, we shouldn't get swords, daggers, staffs, polearms, axes, two handed weps. And rogues/warriors shouldn't get ranged weps. Just stat sticks.. If you take away fist from hunter we will just gain maces and take those from you :P
    Pre Heroic Throw/Warbringer, the ranged slot was the best pull method for Warriors. Hell, it's still pretty good if you use them all together.

And low level combat it's very useful to have the ranged weapon for Rogues and Warriors to get runners or when snared.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathchin View Post
    Can Use Fist Weps
    Shamans, Hunters, Rogues, Warriors, Druids

Cannot Use
    Death Knights, Paladins, Priests, Warlocks, Mages

seems pretty balanced to me
    Note Druids can only use MAIN HAND Fist Weapons, the only remotely useful one in-game is the spellpower one from Naxx 25...

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    ok so bad frosties or ones that cannot find str weapons use agi.

they are either stupid or for some reason cannot find the str weapons they want.
    There aren't strength one handers for dps dumbass.

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LRPaterson View Post
    yea! and they shouldn't be allowed to use axes, or swords, or staves or polearms either - after all it's just a stat stick for them!
    You're doing a great job at totally missing the point.

Seriously why do people keep whining about fist weapons?

1. If you want to dual wield we already have maces/swords/axes
    2. Cataclysm will bring strength based 1handers back on the types above
    3. There won't be fist weapons which are strength based
    4. Death Knights (and Warriors) are supposed to smack down enemies with big brutal weapons, using their massive physical strength to swing them. A fist weapon is really not like that
    5. We are a class that wields blades and transforming them in our own runeblades. While maces are already arguably "wrong" considering this point, a fist weapon sure has no blade on it. Sure some have the looks like it, but in the end, a fist weapon is more like a boxing glove instead of a sword.
    6. Why would you want a weapon that conceals itself when out of combat? They only look good in combat, unless you're one of those no life "showing my l33t stuff in city even tho I know nobody cares" persons
    7. Just stop, it's never going to happen, if you want to actively wield fist weapons, roll a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive View Post
    Seriously why do people keep whining about fist weapons?

1. If you want to dual wield we already have maces/swords/axes
    2. Cataclysm will bring strength based 1handers back on the types above
    3. There won't be fist weapons which are strength based
    4. Death Knights (and Warriors) are supposed to smack down enemies with big brutal weapons, using their massive physical strength to swing them. A fist weapon is really not like that
    5. We are a class that wields blades and transforming them in our own runeblades. While maces are already arguably "wrong" considering this point, a fist weapon sure has no blade on it. Sure some have the looks like it, but in the end, a fist weapon is more like a boxing glove instead of a sword.
    6. Why would you want a weapon that conceals itself when out of combat? They only look good in combat, unless you're one of those no life "showing my l33t stuff in city even tho I know nobody cares" persons
    7. Just stop, it's never going to happen, if you want to actively wield fist weapons, roll a rogue.
    1. It's not a whine, it's a reasonable request that would open up more weapons for folks to use, make the game more interesting and make it so that if they do introduce a strength fist weapon it doesn't become auto-warrior-loot and thus wasted if you have no warrior in the raid.

2. Yes, we can DW using all those options, but there is no reason we can't add fist weapons to the list.

3. Ayup, chances are many of them will be itemized having strength, then as their "green" stats haste and mastery. This will make them usable by tanks as well as 1-hand dps weapon users. Chances are we'll be looking at a LOT of axes too since they can be used by the largest variety of classes 1-handers are available to.

4. Oh? You've seen the loot tables for all of Cataclysm already? You don't know that as well as if they introduce another weapon like the Black Bruise (http://www.wowhead.com/item=50035) the lack of tertiary AP stats (agility and strength) means that it's usable for ANYONE who can use a hard-hitting 1-hander.

This is to saying nothing of the plethora of agility weapons that warriors and frost DKs will be using because they have a higher damage range or wider array of stats (agility weapons ALWAYS have a wider variety of stats available since agility = crit) than the strength weapons of a lower item level or an equal one.

5. I'm sorry, but that's your personal view of DKs and warriors. For example my personal view means that my warrior is a bastion of defense and skill, capable of crushing you with any weapon handy. From a huge sword to a toothpick. My DK on the other hand is sneaky and fallen, overflowing with power and determination to prove theirself to the world of the living which no longer offers succor, willing to use whatever weapon possible and whatever means to reach their personal ends. The weapon TYPE my characters use matters shit-all.

6. No, we're a class that enscribes runes of frost, blood and unholy empowerment into our weapon. Whether it's bladed or not doesn't matter.

7. Well now, this statement's an oxymoron. On the one hand you're saying showing off your equipment makes you a no-life loser, but on the other hand you're saying you should only want weapons that show on your character model out of combat. Either way, I don't stand around in any city for any length of time, what matters to me is mauling faces, the wider variety of weapons available to me to do so makes me happier.

8. No thanks, I prefer a class that can actually take a hit. Also rogues still seem to be highly channeled into specific weapon types. You'd be better off telling folks to roll a shaman. Either way though, no, I'll roll what I like. If I want to use fist weapons I'll say - and quite reasonably - "Why can't I use a fist weapon on this class? There's no great lore or mechanical reason why not, so let's do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

This is to saying nothing of the plethora of agility weapons that warriors and frost DKs will be using because they have a higher damage range or wider array of stats (agility weapons ALWAYS have a wider variety of stats available since agility = crit) than the strength weapons of a lower item level or an equal one.
    There will no longer be AP on gear, which greatly diminishes the value of agi gear for plate classes.

The only real "fist" weapons I wish DKs could equip would be the Glaives off Illidan. Partially because they are classified as swords, but mostly because I just want them.

A lot.
    quite the opposite imo i think the giaves should have been daggers in all honesty they looked better on shaman than warriors who just got 2 two-handers and called you in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    My sarcasm meter just blew up and killed half the town. I hope you're happy now.

There will no longer be AP on gear, which greatly diminishes the value of agi gear for plate classes.
    This doesn't change the fact that a piece of gear with agility, haste and mastery on it technically also has Crit on it. Which still makes it a worthwhile weapon for a Warrior or DK.

There WILL come times where a weapon will drop for a DW Frost or SMF Fury that will be a definite upgrade over the AP that a strength weapon will provide. This may be because it contains no other tertiary stats and is a proc weapon (see: black bruise) or it may just have a much better damage range and slower speed (see the level 60 1-hander axes: ttp://www.wowhead.com/item=18828) or possibly both. (See the Deathbringer and level 80 counterparts: http://www.wowhead.com/item=17068).

Also remember that they've removed pretty much every single talent in the game that made strength scale up for everyone. No more additional 25% strength for warriors in 'zerker stance and so on, so while everything is going to need retuning that does lead to a pretty darn heavy hit to AP gains, as well as the AP gain from weapons is definitely a much smaller source of damage than the comparative weapon damage and the stats the weapon offers.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post

Dual wielding DK's are a little lol already
    Hi, i present you Thassarian, the most bad ass DK out there. (Not counting Arthas for obvious reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Hi, i present you Thassarian, the most bad ass DK out there. (Not counting Arthas for obvious reasons).

He looks like he's flipping us the bird.

This doesn't change the fact that a piece of gear with agility, haste and mastery on it technically also has Crit on it. Which still makes it a worthwhile weapon for a Warrior or DK.
    Uhhh source?
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=50672
    Isn't that weird? It looks just like a strength weapon, but with Agility!
    http://cata.wowhead.com/items=2?filt...66;crs=4;crv=0

Not necessarily the best list, but all I'm seeing is 3 dps stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    ok so bad frosties or ones that cannot find str weapons use agi.

they are either stupid or for some reason cannot find the str weapons they want.
    The only One-handers with strength are tank weapons, currently.

So yeah...I certainly hope they aren't using strength weapons.

He looks like he's flipping us the bird.

Uhhh source?
    http://cata.wowhead.com/item=50672
    Isn't that weird? It looks just like a strength weapon, but with Agility!
    http://cata.wowhead.com/items=2?filt...66;crs=4;crv=0

Not necessarily the best list, but all I'm seeing is 3 dps stats.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Agility maybe that'll explain it to ya.

Also I am not sure if AP will remain on weapons or if they are still waiting to itemize some stuff, as you can see from: http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55043 from the list you gave.

Really I'm not exactly getting what your argument is here. Although I agree, it does look like ol' Thaussy is givin' us the 1-finger salute.