10+ Year Old Account

Help a poor sinner out? Tank gear questions.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Sscavenger

Right so long story short stopped tanking, for a long time. Still gathering gear, getting back into tanking. Suggestions. What gems, enchants, all that good stuff and yes I know the Ony trinket needs to go. So any help greatly appreciated. Hugs and kisses from a random attractive female who I may or may not be holding hostage.

Stamina in pretty much everything.

Belt Buckle

Stamina armor kit on hands, armor from engineering is also fine.

Onyxia trinket is fine, but if no one on your server is running ToC25 or Ulduar25 then you can pick up the Black Heart from ToC5.

If you're rolling in cash then get the boots and legs from ICC crafted for yourself.

Enchant your weapon with blood draining, mongoose or accuracy.

Enchant your shield with defense, a spike or armor plating (I can't remember if there's a stam enchant, I always go with armor plating.)

Finish leveling up BS, it's pretty easy, get those extra sockets on your hands and bracers.

Other than that you're doing fine.

Everything Shelly said.

Yes there is a stamina to shield, 18 stamina to be exact.

Deleted
    Get rid of Focused Rage and Anger Management. Spend those points in Shield Spec and Imp Disc. Also ditch Glyph of Sunder Armor, because it does nothing for you in a raid. Blocking is fine, but you get better threat out of Vigilanace and Devastate. I'd suggest glyphing Taunt and Shield Wall instead.

Other than that, yeah, gem/enchant stam on whatever you can, unless you desperately need defense (for instance, after crafting legs/feet). If so you should enchant shield/cloak in first hand and if that's not enough, gem with green hybrids.

Oh and the engineering armor augment for gloves and rocket boots are great.

Also some people say Safeguard is good... I wouldnt rely on that though. XD

But yeah, whatever the nerds above me said, do that.

Also your fury gear could use some help too, it seems. You're currently at 1120 arp, with DBW, yet you have some STR / CRIT / STAM gems around. Tbh, any weapon with ARP on it (Ramaldini thing, cryptmaker, menethil mace, even TOC 25 weapon) would be better than bryn-troll. You need 1400 arp and, with your current setup, you should be able to do better than 1120.

I would have to disagree with Shelly on the crafted ICC legs.

The said legs have a lot of stamina and 3 sockets but they have exactly 0 defense. Lower geared tanks simply cannot afford to lose that kind of defense if they still want to be def capped for raids.

Personally, I MT Icc10 with my warrior alt, so I have at least the gear for to mt 10men icc but if I get those legs I become barely def capped for heroic instances, let alone raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post

The said legs have a lot of stamina and 3 sockets but they have exactly 0 defense. Lower geared tanks simply cannot afford to lose that kind of defense if they still want to be def capped for raids.

Personally, I MT Icc10 with my warrior alt, so I have at least the gear for to mt 10men icc but if I get those legs I become barely def capped for heroic instances, let alone raids.
    He should be fine on defense if he keeps the onyxia trinket, also we're swimming in defense rating and he should have enough with the rest of his gear, although I didn't do the math on it. (And yes, I like defense rating as well because I think it gives more balanced avoidance and mitigation, but the legs are pretty nice.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post

Main problem being you disagreeing on using it without any valid reason since you didn't calculate how much def he has and where he would be after using legs/boots crafted without def.
    Those items are (really) good, and won't really be changed until ICC25 hm (and maybe some ICC10 hm but not sure), so they are really nice to have (if you got the money).

Now, before making them, yeah you need to see if you can still be uncritable with them or not (even if it means enchanting def and gemming some sockets with def instead of stamina). Once you know the answer (and have made the calculation of the overall benefits, including stam/armor and other stats on those items and the one you are replacing), you can advocate them fully, with reserves or be against using them.

All in all, they are really good items you should use if you can afford to. And btw, strangely it can be easier to use them with low gear than when you start being in ToC+ gear, because before there was quite some pieces with a huge chunk of def and nearly no other stats.

It all depends if you can use them or not, and then if you can afford them.

Now, on a side note, if you don't need the def from Onyxia's trinklet, either go with the Black Heart as suggested (ToC5 normal, last boss), or with the Glyph of Indomitability (Triumph emblems), both are very good, even if not in the same ways.

Black Heart is a well rounded stam trinklet, useful against all damage, giving a little more breathing time to healers, and with a nice armor proc (7k from memory) that makes it really nice when it procs (quite often).
    The Glyph have straight armor and an on-use dodge, making it really good for physical heavy fights when you have reached the survival point.
    It all depends how fights goes, and choices (getting both and swapping them for fights is nice ).