Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I suggest getting one of these

http://gizmodo.com/assets/resources/...n52te-1web.jpg

in addition to some sort of multi-button mouse. I use a Mx518.

Then map all of your most used and crucial abilities to the buttons most accessible to your thumbs and pointer fingers. As a child of the playstation generation these are by far my most responsive fingers. Also, id suggest removing the knob from the D pad on the nostromo.

It takes a little while to get used to the nostromo but once you do, you'll wonder how you ever did without it. =)
    Last edited by Slashley; 2010-08-27 at 03:55 PM.

I use the keybinds below for my lock:

`/~ - Life Tap
    1 - Haunt
    2 - Corruption
    3 - Agony
    4 - UA

E - Drain Soul
    Q - Teleport
    R - I forget and can't log on at work >.>
    F - Orc Racial / On Use Trinkets

Left Side mouse button - Shadow Bolt
    Right side mouse button - Drain Life
    Mouse wheel click - Fear

IMO anything beyond 1-4 (maybe 5) on the keyboard is too far to reach. I try to use only the keys that can easily be hit with minimal hand movement

I don't use alot of key binds on my 'Lock

In Demo, I use
    1. SB
    2. Corruption
    3. Immolate
    4. Incinerate
    5. Soulfire
    6. Whatever curse I have here, usually CoE or CoD

DE and Meta, as well as Tele's and Soulshatter I click because they don't come up all the time

For Aff (my 'main' spec to everyone outside my guild >.>), I use a very similar set up so it's less confusing to switch between the two specs for fights

1. Haunt
    2. Corruption
    3. UA
    4. CoA/whatever other curse
    5. SB

Again, I click for the tele's, soulshatter, and Soul Drain. In both specs I have Lifetap/Dark Pact bound to the middle mouse button click

Guess it helps though that I'm ambidextrous, so having things on click and key binds doesn't impact me much
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Warlock you say...?
    Why don't you just keybind everything to a random keybinding then roll your face over your keyboard?
    That's what all the other warlocks are doing and seams to work fine.
    So original. If you actually did what you said it would be fail.

If modifiers are something you may struggle with, then maybe take a look at a decent gaming mouse with a number of buttons.
    If you are able to comfortably still tab, or click target as per your preference then you can use the mousewheel for bind also, though some prefer that for tab targeting.
    The yet to be released Roccat Kone+ - with what is effectively a mouse specific modifier key appeals to me greatly, and something that I am hoping to see pricing/release dates on soon.

The way I settled on mine was looking at examples and matching the easiest accessible key binds with my most used abilities. Here is mine:

Mouse
    *Left Mouse Button #1: Shadowbolt
    *Left Mouse Button #2: Pet attack
    *Mouse Wheel Click: push-to-talk (for vent)
    *Mouse Wheel Forward: Summon Demonic Circle
    *Mouse Wheel Back: Teleport Demonic Circle

Keyboard
    *1: Changes, usually a fight specific targetting macro
    *Shift-1: Curse, usually Curse of Elements
    *2: Cast sequence macro of my initial DoTs for fights that I'm not rolling Corruption
    *3: Drain Soul
    *4: Nevermelting Ice Crystal trinket
    *5: Dark Pact macro (alternatively Life Tap)
    *6: Curse of Agony
    *T: Unstable Affliction
    *G: Seed of Corruption
    *H: Infernal
    *R: Haunt
    *Z: Soul Shatter
    *F: Corruption
    *V: Target Focus
    *Y: Potion (usually Magic)
    *X: Death Coil
    *Q: Set Focus/Clear Focus

Have some other things bound but those are the most used. Play around with your setting on a testing dummy until you find something that is comfortable then practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    ROTFL

anyway thanks for feedback

@OP I have my keybinds around WASD: Q,E,F,G,T,R,C,V,1-5 etc with Shift modifiers. But yea, like someone said its all up to what you're most comfortable with.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a Logitech Performance Mouse MX and a Logitech G13 Advanced Keyboard in combination together.

The often used primary Spells are bound to the 4 Thumb Buttons ( 2 Spells per Button ) of the Performance Mouse ( Right Thumb ) which are toggled by a alt/ctrl/shift Modifier on the G13 ( Left Thumb ).
    Front Button: nomod = Castsequence Haunt, Unstable Affliction / alt = Unstable Affliction / shift = Haunt
    Middle Button: nomod = Shadowbolt / alt = Drain Soul / ctrl = Seed of Corruption
    Rear Button: nomod = Castsequence Corruption, Curse of Agony / alt = Curse of Agony / shift = Corruption
    Hidden Button: Shadowflame / alt = Soulshatter

The lesser used secondary Spells are bound around the movement Buttons of the G13
    G1 Button: Map
    G5 Button: nomod = Drain Life / alt = Health Funnel
    G8 Button: nomod = Demonic Circle: Teleport / alt = Demonic Circle: Summon
    G9 Button: TAB
    G13 Button: nomod = Darc Pact / alt = Life Tap
    G17 Button: Trinkets
    G20 Button: Bag
    G21 Button: Questlog
    G22 Button: SHIFT
    Grey Button next to Stick: ALT
    Grey Button below the Stick: CTRL

Just to name the regularily used spells/functions.

Quite handy setup which works well with all my other characters aswell ( all 10 Classes 60+ )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    ROFL

F keys for keybinds?

No. F'in. Way.
    Since they are above the 0-9 its pretty natural. Also since I just left the 33rd best guild in the world I think I did decent with those "awefull" keys, how about you?
    If anything is "retarded" as you say its using modifiers cos it invite errors.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Since they are above the 0-9 its pretty natural. Also since I just left the 33rd best guild in the world I think I did decent with those "awefull" keys, how about you?
    Nooooooooooooo don't feed it!!!!

Let it starve and wither away back to the lonely corner it came from and die.

15+ Year Old Account
    My keybinding

Scroll Up - Shadow Bolt
    Down - Haunt
    Shift Scroll Up - UA

~ - Rotates, I drag specific mechanics here, such as the Lootship jetpack or Shadow Ward for Halion or w/e.
    1,2,3,4,5,6 = SB, Haunt, UA, Corruption, Agony/Elements, Life Tap (All legacy from laziness)
    T - Life Tap (shift for rank 1)
    Q - Teleport (Shift to set teleport)
    E - Drain Soul
    G - Seed (GG lol)

Everything else I click. Slowly moving away from that. Working on Death Coil/Fear next.

R.I.P. YARG

Well I actually don't use the number keys all that much because I find the number keys awkward to reach as 'spammable' buttons from my WASD finger position. Instead, I have my main abilities on the following keys:

Q = Immolate
    E = Shadow Bolt
    Shift E = Incinerate
    R = Soul fire
    F = Corruption
    Shift F = Curse of Doom
    S = Life tap
    Mouse button 5 = meta
    Mouse wheel up = Send pet
    Mouse Wheel down = retrieve pet
    Shift - D = Seed of Corruption

I have my main keybindings concentrated around WAD which is what I mostly use to move. This is because I healed for quite a while and moving with the mouse limited my ability to hover over grid to cast hots on the move. So I've settled into strafing around with WAD and don't use my mouse that much as a warlock, only to target stuff and send my pet. This works well with my priest and shaman as I heal with those also, and centre similar abilities on the same keys between characters. For example S is my water shield button for my shaman. F is Corruption, SW:P, Flame shock. Shift F is Devouring Plague, CoD, Frost shock. You get me.

This works for me and isn't in any way awkward. I have easy access to shift, control and alt, and of course the number keys for less used abilities. Some people just don't 'get' my way of keybinding but it feels very comfortable to me and isn't crazy, like using F12 or Ctrl/Alt 6 or something. I think it's because I rarely use the number keys which most people rely on but it is partly because 3 and 4 are quite unresponsive on my keyboard anyway and not worth using as main abilities unless I want to break my fingers from mashing. My fingers like me and aren't dropping off with my setup.
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2010-08-30 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine:
    ` - Every Man For Himself
    1 - Life Tap(alt R1)
    2 - SoulFire
    3 - Incinerate
    4 - Shadow Bolt
    5 - Immolate
    6 - Corruption
    7 - Curse(each on it's own modifier)
    8 - Drain Life
    9 - Life Tap(again... have to find something to put there)
    0 - Drain Soul
    - - Soulshatter
    = - Health Funnel

Q - Metamorphosis
    E - Immolation Aura
    F - Fear
    T - Teleport(alt to set)
    C - Death Coil
    H - Howl of Terror
    B - Battlemaster's (Healthstone)
    V - Shadow Ward
    Z, X - utility stuff, gets changed often

Mouse Scroll Up - pet Attack
    Mouse Scroll Down - pet Passive
    Mouse Side Button 1 - Vent push to talk
    Mouse Side Button 2 - on my dk it's Taunt on the lock it's mostly some sort of utility macro, depends on fight.

I play on a Mac and i like to keep the F Keys for the System shortcuts. I click all of the rest like professions and stuff but every little thing i might need in combat is bound somewhere
    Last edited by Ravemstr; 2010-08-30 at 11:12 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

1 through 5 for DPS spells.
    Alt 1 through alt-4 for oh sh1t buttons (fear, howl, deathcoil, curse of exhaustion).
    ` and alt-` for placing our circle and teleporting to it.
    F1 through F4 for utility (pvp trinket, various pet macros).
    F5 and F6 for rain of fire and SoC.
    r, t and y for various drains and heals (drain life, drain mana, lifebloom).
    x, c and v for various other stuff.
    Last edited by mkivtt; 2010-08-31 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    imo the Function keys work, but they're better for things on like 030s-1m CDs. depending on your keyboard of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    depending on your keyboard of course.
    This! I tried playing on a G15(if i'm not mistaking) and there was no way i could easily reach the "6", "7" not to mention "8" keys.
    The standard Mac keyboard is small and has small, flat buttons. That makes reaching "6" and even "7" a breeze, on anything else i couldn't reach that far.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

I used to have a lot of trouble using modifiers when I used 1-5 for my main abilities, it was a long way down for shift and control. By moving my main abilities down to QERF, and my fingers resting on WASD, the modifiers are much easier to use opening up more options. I use shift for many abilities, mostly cooldowns, but since I have more major spells than keys some have to be on a shift modifier, so on my warlock CoD is on Shift F, Incinerate (for molten core) on shift E, and drain soul on Shift E for affliction (things which aren't spammed the entire fight, and drain soul is a long channel anyway).

I always have my little finger resting on shift so I rarely misclick.

Deleted
    W A S D for movement obv (A and D are strafing)

Q - Immolate / Haunt
    E - Conflag / UA
    3 - Shadowbolt/Incinerate

Best 3 setup I reckon, for raids, I use alot more too though, including mouse buttons, and around another 10 keybinds