Thread: Haste Problems

Haste Problems

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to MMO Champion (as you can see) and I'm in despirate need of some assistance. I've had this Warlock since the start of Lich King and only recently after being hacked I'm having issues with Haste. Now before I was doing fine on DPS meters, I was always in the top three of DPS, never had any issues holding my own in BG's or anything. It was only after I was hacked that I started noticing how low my Haste was. Not sure if it was because of the hack, or I only noticed it after the hack.

I know that I could replace my trinkets, rings, and off hand (which I'm currently working on replacing now) but even after that, I will still be below 500 haste, which isn't a good thing, espically considering I'm destro raid spec. Is there anything else I can do to up my Haste besides over socketing my gear with Haste gems or should I just aim for new pieces of gear to up the Haste? Please help!

-Mund

P.S. Won't let me post up my WoW Armory because I'm too new, but my server is Suramar and my character name is Mundane.

Ouch, you just wasted a load of gold. As a destro lock unless you have a LOT of spellpower (protip: you have about half of A LOT) spellpower> haste. Also if you're raiding with a boomer or shadowpriest most raids, you can actually drop suppression and spec for imp fel aegis and improved soul leech which the premier spec for warlocks who are swimming in hit and want to play destro.

Your problem is that your overall gear sucks and you are taking things out of context. You are gimping yourself with pure haste gems. For the forseeable future I'd either gem pure spellpower, OR if chase socket bonuses (sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it isn't, though with glyph of LT it probably is more often than not) spellpower, spellpower/haste orange gems, or spellpower/spirit purple gems for red/yellow/blue sockets respectively. If you do not have an obscene amount of spellpower, you should be stacking it.

You may get posts declaring destro sucks, it is the lowest DPS spec we have, however affliction suffers (assuming you actually attack adds when you're supposed to) on fights with stop/start or target switching, and demo is very proc reliant and susceptable to pushback, I find that destro will beat these other specs on certain fights the joy of warlocks right now is you can play any of the three specs and do well.

Don't focus on any stat that isn't spellpower, take upgrades, that's it. Don't stack haste until you're doing so because it's an upgrade. Until I had quite a bit of ICC gear I kept having choices like "8 haste or 60 crit and 4 spellpower" quite literally. As a result I ended up with over 50% baseline crit in many fights. Maybe it's just the things that dropped for me, but that's how I'd play it, take upgrades, just keep improving your DPS. Just take items which are going to improve you overall rather than stacking a stat. Once you're decked out in cutting edge gear the only way forward is to get slightly better itemised loot THEN it's time to chase haste.

Deleted
    deevicoos is right, take any upgrade you can get, and don't gem pure haste, either 12sp10haste or 23 SP.
    I just want to add and emphasize that haste IS the best stat after SP, so if you are comparing 2 dps cloth pieces of the same (or, most of the cases, also of similar) item level, the one with haste is the better one. Even as Destro, you can have at least 800 haste until this changes.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2010-08-25 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    deevicoos is right, take any upgrade you can get, and don't gem pure haste, either 12sp10 haste or 23 haste.
    I just want to add and emphasize that haste IS a good stat, so if you are comparing 2 dps cloth pieces, the one with haste is the better one. Even as Destro, you can have at least 800 haste until this changes.
    Yes but haste isn't better than spellpower. Especially when you're sitting under 5K raid buffed. You mean 12/10 or 23 spellpower I assume.

Also it is gear dependent, OP has the sort of gear I had coming into ToC when i had 300 haste. As I said I just ended up with crit and sp throughout t9 and didn't end up getting my haste over 400 till I had 4t10. Now I'm sitting on 830.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    Yes but haste isn't better than spellpower. Especially when you're sitting under 5K raid buffed. You mean 12/10 or 23 spellpower I assume.
    already edited my post to clarify that while you were posting. thank you though.