Enchanting/Tailoring or Enchanting/Blacksmithing - Your Thoughts

I'm in a tug of war in choosing professions. Here are my thoughts.

On my mage, if I go...

Enchanting/Tailoring - That means I can gather my own mats for tailoring, from mobs/grinding, ect. Then make whatever I want from my own mats, and DE anything I dont need. Its a win/win situation.

Enchanting/Blacksmithing - With this, I cannot grind my own mats. Unless I use another toon to do so with mining per say. For this reason, I believe enchanting/tailoring would benefit me more...

What do you think?

bs r 2 extra gems if im not mistaking. For a endgame min-maxer, why not... but that would serve more purpose in my head, of doing that on a hybrid that can fill multiple slots in a raid. Tailoring, not counting cheap-ass legenchants, got BiS backenchant for casters.

Enchanting really is kind of meh nowdays.... 2 * ringenchants really r not that good, and the money has dropped since the DE-alternative in heroics...

My gnome mage, used to be tailoring / enchanting.... i dropped tailoring for inscription. and recently dropped enchanting for engineering.

Enchanting WILL ofc have a golden time once cata hits... and u can de every single questreward again for profit.

Two ring enchants for casters/tanks are actually on par with anything else any other profession has to offer.

Tailoring still has the best in slot back for casters.

Blacksmithing has the 2 sockets, but they are such a pain in the ass... Everytime you change your gear you have to waste mats for a new socket and an epic gem to basically put you on par with what you get from enchanting for much lower costs. If they bring this 2 extra sockets idea into Cataclysm, they REALLY need to make some BS only crafted gem equivalents.

The money from enchanting is still simply amazing if you know how to use the profession for making money. Here is a little hint...

DON'T plan on making money by selling WotLK materials/enchants. If you go back to TBC and Vanilla and take the time to get some of the rarer enchants, you can make a great deal of money. Heirloom enchants still sell amazingly well for really good prices and you can solo grind the mats quite easily.

TL;DR: Go tailoring/enchanting for maximum money gain and min/max. Also, leveling BS (even with your own mining toon) is just a plain and utter bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Two ring enchants for casters/tanks are actually on par with anything else any other profession has to offer.

Tailoring still has the best in slot back for casters.

Blacksmithing has the 2 sockets, but they are such a pain in the ass... Everytime you change your gear you have to waste mats for a new socket and an epic gem to basically put you on par with what you get from enchanting for much lower costs. If they bring this 2 extra sockets idea into Cataclysm, they REALLY need to make some BS only crafted gem equivalents.

The money from enchanting is still simply amazing if you know how to use the profession for making money. Here is a little hint...

DON'T plan on making money by selling WotLK materials/enchants. If you go back to TBC and Vanilla and take the time to get some of the rarer enchants, you can make a great deal of money. Heirloom enchants still sell amazingly well for really good prices and you can solo grind the mats quite easily.

TL;DR: Go tailoring/enchanting for maximum money gain and min/max. Also, leveling BS (even with your own mining toon) is just a plain and utter bitch.
    just what i needed to hear

You will also get materials for Tailoring from Enchanting, because lots of the higher level patterns require Infinite Dust. So you will need lots of Infinite Dust to level Tailoring to 450.

Not only do tailors have best in slot for back items, but the leg spellthread is quite tasty as well and cheap on the mats.

The light weave cloak enchant is pretty awesome as well. Also you can DE some of the stuff you make on tailoring to sell/help level you enchanting. I'm an enchanter and tailor right now and like it. Let me tell you though tailoring is terrible to get up once you get to 410+!