Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its more funny to me that people seem to think this is the ONLY thing you get for $40. Dont forget what you are really paying for, which is live HD streaming from Blizzcon

As a reminder:

# Expanded live coverage over four Internet channels offering 50+ hours of HD BlizzCon programming
    # BlizzCon 2010-exclusive "Deathy" World of Warcraft pet and StarCraft II in-game items1
    # Access to exclusive BlizzCon merchandise sale occuring October 13-142
    # Complete coverage of panel discussions, tournaments, and game-related announcements, plus exclusive interviews and epic closing ceremonies
    # Enhanced video on demand and DVR functionality

Its not JUST a pet people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish THAT was the CE pet

tbh thats better then the collectors edition pet imo

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Its more funny to me that people seem to think this is the ONLY thing you get for $40. Dont forget what you are really paying for, which is live HD streaming from Blizzcon

As a reminder:

# Expanded live coverage over four Internet channels offering 50+ hours of HD BlizzCon programming
    # BlizzCon 2010-exclusive "Deathy" World of Warcraft pet and StarCraft II in-game items1
    # Access to exclusive BlizzCon merchandise sale occuring October 13-142
    # Complete coverage of panel discussions, tournaments, and game-related announcements, plus exclusive interviews and epic closing ceremonies
    # Enhanced video on demand and DVR functionality

Its not JUST a pet people.
    All stuff we'll get via the internet for free... plus a pet. Yeah, it's just a pet.

I want my Deathloc plushy

10+ Year Old Account
    All stuff we'll get via the internet for free... plus a pet. Yeah, it's just a pet.
    And where do you get HD streams for free?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaffler View Post
    If you really want to get all technical, we can.

The stream is only available LIVE to the people that pay. Are there people that will stream the stream and by doing that, doing something they arent supposed to do ? Yes, ofc. But technically, if this didnt happen, you cant get the LIVE stream without paying. Same with the PPV in the US. You pay to watch it live, but its gonna be on the internet the next day at the latest. That doesnt mean its "free". Its only "free" to you because you "pirate it" (for lack of a better word...I assume you know what I mean by this).

You get loads of bloggers blogging about it live, sure. But again, you dont have the "legal" right to watch the stream unless you pay. Thats the basic fact.

Not to mention:

"Access to exclusive BlizzCon merchandise sale occuring October 13-142"

Good luck getting that "on the internet for free" if you really wanna go all the way

Yes, I know all the info is gonna be online very shortly after the stream, but it doesnt change the fact that people likes to pay to watch things live. You dont, and thats fine...thats your choice. You settle for the blogs from the live stream and the eventual crappy youtube clips, and thats enough for you...and its fine by me. But dont try to hide the basic facts that this isnt available "free on the internet" unless someone breaks the rules. And yes, I also know that no one is gonna go to jail for it, but I still choose to pay to watch the LIVE stream, just as I would choose to go see a concert live even though someone has his cellphone on and streams the music. Its not the same thing no matter how you cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braeg View Post
    Not another Murloc...

They do have value, you may want to take a look at why you're so angry about it, jealously perhaps? "Argh I don't like that thing, whoever buys it is wasting their money because I think it's pointless!"
    Like I said, I don't see the point of ingame pets, do you even understand the meaning of jealousy? I'm talking about the people who purchase the viritual Blizzcon ticket ONLY for the pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grithmir View Post
    Like I said, I don't see the point of ingame pets, do you even understand the meaning of jealousy? I'm talking about the people who purchase the viritual Blizzcon ticket ONLY for the pet.
    And why do you even care? It is their money, let them do what they want with it.

There are many things I do not understand, especially when it comes to products. I don't understand people who buy a britney spears album or people who buy expensive sport shoes and not doing any sport in them.
    However it is their money and I would be the last one to look down upon them just because they bought something.

How will it mmmmrrrrggglll with such a big underbite?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    If you really want to get all technical, we can.

The stream is only available LIVE to the people that pay. Are there people that will stream the stream and by doing that, doing something they arent supposed to do ? Yes, ofc. But technically, if this didnt happen, you cant get the LIVE stream without paying. Same with the PPV in the US. You pay to watch it live, but its gonna be on the internet the next day at the latest. That doesnt mean its "free". Its only "free" to you because you "pirate it" (for lack of a better word...I assume you know what I mean by this).

There are several sites that specialize in live streams of broadcasts of satellite tv using video capture from their users. If I wasn't going to be there waving to the camera I'm sure I could find a live broadcast online for free pretty quickly

Wow, there's sure a lot of envy and jealousy going on in here.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Don't like the minipet....tough. Think people are being ripped off?...tough.

Just because you can't afford to buy the internet stream or the CE doesn't give you the right to put the people that can down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsudots View Post
    There are several sites that specialize in live streams of broadcasts of satellite tv using video capture from their users. If I wasn't going to be there waving to the camera I'm sure I could find a live broadcast online for free pretty quickly
    If you wanna go ahead and read what I wrote, im not questioning that some people will "pirate" the stream...quoting myself:

"Are there people that will stream the stream and by doing that, doing something they arent supposed to do ? Yes, ofc. But technically, if this didnt happen, you cant get the LIVE stream without paying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    vry very very dissapointing, its just another damn murlock pet, added to the collection i alrdy have from blizzards fail in game rewards, i remember wn u used to get decent stuff why cant they do that
    What "fail in game reward" is this ? As far as I know, the only murloc pet you can get in game is the Murkimus one from arena (or whatever, I dont PVP)

Whats "decent" stuff ? What do you want ? 6 months of free game time ?

Oh, and btw....if this is so fail...good thing you dont have to buy the stream then, huh ?

it's so coooool

I bought the stream last year since there's no way I could persuade my other half to cross the atlantic to be able to go to Blizzcon in person (I'm pretty sure he's afraid I'll want to go dressed as a Moonkin or something). I've just ordered it for this year too, the pet is a nice bonus (it's pretty cute)but I certainly wouldn't pay that just for an ingame pet. Last year I watched almost everything that they streamed and will probably do the same this year. I guess Deathy will take some of the sting out of my inability to get a pre-order Cata collector's edition (I so wanted the baby Deathwing pet).

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Wow, there's sure a lot of envy and jealousy going on in here.

No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Don't like the minipet....tough. Think people are being ripped off?...tough.

Just because you can't afford to buy the internet stream or the CE doesn't give you the right to put the people that can down.
    I am excited about Blizzcon, but I am not excited about the pet... the mount yes, grunty yes, murloc suit YES but a murloc pet...not so much. (other examples of coolness: mini diablo and tyrael pet)

WTB something more original. It is not hard, Blizzard is known for its ingenuity cmon.

I love to see the dance and costume contests and this just makes it so much more worth it. That little dude is cool...err well he's on fire and all but still cool.

I still bring out Grunty from time to time and have a laugh. All about the fun.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spartinz View Post
    How will it mmmmrrrrggglll with such a big underbite?
    With FIRE! (lol idk but you made me lol so thanks)

Looks good.
    http://www.badomen.info/website/
    Bad Omen recruiting!
    7/13 heroic 25
    Lf:
    Death Knight (DPS)
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    You don't have to buy it [...] First, learn what business is.
    What annoys me is that when they go "business" i lose the "might & magic" feeling the game brings me... all of a sudden my game inmersion fades away