Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Idea for BM shot

As pointed out in another thread BM mastery skill is very lack luster for lvling and endgame.

My idea is called "Wounding Shot".

Wounding Shot - Deal x% weapon damage plus y. Your pet senses a weakness in your foe and engages with new vigor increasing white damage by z% for 3 seconds. 10 second cool down costs 40 focus.

Tenacity = Your pet sees the weakness of his foe and it's next special does x% more threat.
    Cunning = Your pet has learned to identify weakness and reduces melee/casting speed by x%.
    Ferocity = Your pet smell blood and deals x% more damage on it's next two speacials.

For leveling I think this would be great by helping BM level by making sure a tanking pet keep aggro. In pvp this will help with utility (maybe a snare instead of reduced attack/cast speed) and in raiding it gives your pet another means of doing more damage while giving BM another shot to use. I figure it's damage could be close to ArcShot but the main difference in damage will come from the 3 seconds of increased white damage and specials while raiding with a ferocity. It gives each pet more distincive traits and lets hunders work with their pets more by making it a cool shot.

Just my two cents. If you can post this on the suggestion forums if you like it please do. I'd like to see BM actually worth playing again with something fun.

Flame on.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Deleted
    No flaming I have to say that i really like your idea its pretty cool and fun but the thing is that
    blizz wont move to such a change.
    Reasons?
    They might find it complicate to build or They will simply ignore it.
    Anyway Bm signature shot is Cobra shot and Signature Move Kill command so i guess there are any chances of seeing this live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    Anyway Bm signature shot is Cobra shot and Signature Move Kill command so i guess there are any chances of seeing this live.
    Cobra shot and kill command are both NO bm signature abilities.
    Cobra shot is a normal trainable shot every spec can get, bm dont even have a talent that boosts or affects cobra shot.

Kill command is a normal trainable skill every specc has acess too.

Intimidation is the new Bm signature ability.
    Its a joke i know but thats the way blizzard want it to be...............

Garrim, your idea has been approved. i like it, intimidation is nice, but its not the iconic ability of our spec, like explosive shot is to surv or aimed shot to MM. i'd really to see something like this when cata launches.

10+ Year Old Account
    this gets my Thumbs up

I love it. I wish you worked in the design team. It reminds me the "Demon Bolt" they promissed for demonology but is nowhere to be seen. Demonology and BM share this "poor child" status for both classes. I hope they will fix it.

Deleted
    sounds very nice and would make sense, too. not like volley (which, lorewise, is a good thing they removed imo).
    This would be a hunter shot that would feel like a hunter ability.

Ty for the cool responses. If someone has forum access plz post. I got banned when I pointed out that DK ghoul stun was better then Hunter pet stun. Yeah that got me a ban hammer. This was like right after WotLK came out.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-08-26 at 01:56 PM.

This gets a stamp of approval. However it won't happen.

Doesn't need a cooldown, just like Chimera and Explosive which will be handicapped by resources.

I dunno though... I don't think Blizzard really wants to do any more of the "multi effect" abilities anymore. Chimera shot was mostly a failure, everyone only used the one sting effect for end game. (ok, sometimes viper, but that usually was because your raid was lacking failadins.)

Is it better than what we have now, yes. Would I chase down the dev team and force them to implement it? Naw.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Explosive has a CD on beta btw. Which is one of the reasons why that spec's ability to resource mechanics is flawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    Cobra shot and kill command are both NO bm signature abilities.
    Cobra shot is a normal trainable shot every spec can get, bm dont even have a talent that boosts or affects cobra shot.

Kill command is a normal trainable skill every specc has acess too.

Intimidation is the new Bm signature ability.
    Its a joke i know but thats the way blizzard want it to be...............
    Ghostcrawler already mentioned that cobra/Kill command is going to be Bm signature shot,
    although i have too agree with you on the fact that both abillities are trainable and idd there is no
    talent that boosts Cobra shot dmg.But we still hope we will see one.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Doesn't need a cooldown, just like Chimera and Explosive which will be handicapped by resources.

I dunno though... I don't think Blizzard really wants to do any more of the "multi effect" abilities anymore. Chimera shot was mostly a failure, everyone only used the one sting effect for end game. (ok, sometimes viper, but that usually was because your raid was lacking failadins.)

Is it better than what we have now, yes. Would I chase down the dev team and force them to implement it? Naw.
    How was Chimera shot a failure at all? It did it's job. If you want to say if failed by being on the resistance table instead of the armor table making not scale with ArmPen you have an arguement. For keeping up SS refreshed forever til you switch to VS, then no that's not really a fail. Should it be changed? Sure since MM has no procs to watch and is basically a click when lit play style at the moment. And even with failadins using JoW with replinshment and a resto shaman in the guild on certain fights (LK) you will still go oom. Not everyone's raid has two paladins to have JoW/JoL up 100%. Even then in some cases you might go oom if the paladin isn't attack the same add or something, like LDW or green dragon lady, I never remember her name.

So wtf are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    like LDW or green dragon lady, I never remember her name.

So wtf are you on?
    I lol'd. Ah well, school starts next week and we won't have to deal with you during business hours anymore.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Troyster View Post
    Ghostcrawler already mentioned that cobra/Kill command is going to be Bm signature shot,
    although i have too agree with you on the fact that both abillities are trainable and idd there is no
    talent that boosts Cobra shot dmg.But we still hope we will see one.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. So please stop.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I lol'd. Ah well, school starts next week and we won't have to deal with you during business hours anymore.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 07:49 PM ----------

You have no idea what you're talking about. So please stop.
    B/c I can't remember the name of the green dragon that makes me a noob? Quick quick who was the name of the raid boss a paladin 1 shot with reckoning bomb? Oh spelling counts! Don't look it up or that makes you a noob! That makes no sense. And I'm 26 yrs old and retired. Looks like I know how to deal with money even if my spelling and memory of boss names fails.

OT- Kill Command and Cobra shot are fails atm. Kill Command isn't even a shot. It's a baseline command. I'm not saying that you're wrong about what GC said, I'm saying that it's unorginal, lack luster and not really an extra shot. If it's still off the GCD it's a button you won't even see on your action bar. That's pretty sad when your signiture shot isn't even on your action bar standing alone but macro'd into SteadyS.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-08-26 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I love it. I wish you worked in the design team. It reminds me the "Demon Bolt" they promissed for demonology but is nowhere to be seen. Demonology and BM share this "poor child" status for both classes. I hope they will fix it.
    Demo did competitive dps though.

B/c I can't remember the name of the green dragon that makes me a noob? Quick quick who was the name of the raid boss a paladin 1 shot with reckoning bomb? Oh spelling counts! Don't look it up or that makes you a noob! That makes no sense. And I'm 26 yrs old and retired. Looks like I know how to deal with money even if my spelling and memory of boss names fails.

OT- Kill Command and Cobra shot are fails atm. Kill Command isn't even a shot. It's a baseline command. I'm not saying that you're wrong about what GC said, I'm saying that it's unorginal, lack luster and not really an extra shot. If it's still off the GCD it's a button you won't even see on your action bar. That's pretty sad when your signiture shot isn't even on your action bar standing alone but macro'd into SteadyS.
    And if you've watched Frostheim's videos you'd see, as of right now, BM is a 4-line macro spam rotation, it needs something with more "oh yeah, this is definitely a pet dps spec". I'd rather see Intimidation a talent, or even (god forbid) it be baseline, instead of signature for BM.

I'm not really suggesting it be made baseline, I'm not even going to compare our pets to Unholy pets that have a baseline stun, I just don't want it to be BM's signature (put it somewhere else is my message).

I totally agree Gildian. It's a move that will not be used endgame other then pvp. If they want to make it pvp only tree I find that to be a confusing message though. I thought they wanted all trees to be viable for PvE and PvP. I'd rather it be a talent point I can skip if needed (no arrows running to or from it) and have it count as an optional utility talent then be part of my mastery for just picking BM as my tree.

The only thing preventing any other spec from using Kill Command is the fact it costs 40 energy now. So I guess the question for other trees is would they ever use something that costs 40 energy on buffing their pet's damage every 6 secs or would they rather shoot ChimS or XS and that's an obvious answer. I just don't see it scaling well at all in the long run for PvP or PvE.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-08-26 at 10:42 PM.

I totally agree Gildian. It's a move that will not be used endgame other then pvp. If they want to make it pvp only tree I find that to be a confusing message though. I thought they wanted all trees to be viable for PvE and PvP. I'd rather it be a talent point I can skip if needed (no arrows running to or from it) and have it count as an optional utility talent then be part of my mastery for just picking BM as my tree.

The only thing preventing any other spec from using Kill Command is the fact it costs 40 energy now. So I guess the question for other trees is would they ever use something that costs 40 energy on buffing their pet's damage every 6 secs or would they rather shoot ChimS or XS and that's an obvious answer. I just don't see it scaling well at all in the long run for PvP or PvE.
    Marks might use it, however I don't see an instance where survival ever will use KC since Explosive and Arcane don't share Cds anymore. Not to mention that the Surv mastery bonus will benefit Arcane and make it a higher damage per focus cost shot than KC.

i like this idea, you should definately post it on the official forums, who knows, maybe they might actually consider a suggestion for once
    Yeah, its a Hemmy.