Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    i wish it would, its cool, after seeing total biscuit's lvling guide for a Worgan I really liked it

Its a pretty fun, but short area of Horde aswell, even if we get our asses kicked there. The terrain is more like that of Northrend than the other Eastern kingdom zones. Its hard to decribe how thats possible, but if u you go there, you will understand.

If they're indeed still going to update the world throughout major patches, we might see some use for this on a future date!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    If they're indeed still going to update the world throughout major patches, we might see some use for this on a future date!
    I really hope they'll do this, maybe the Worgen could even get GIlneas back as their capital city!
    As for the Goblins, perhaps they could get Bildgewater Harbour... They already have class- and profession trainers there, so I'm pretty sure it would be suitable. Plus, if the buildings in GIlneas City become usable, the two might even be about as big as eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is empty, the finale to the zone the worgen leave, the area is destroyed by the undead horde.

A Worgen raid inc.

Btw, do the undead quests starting at the north of Silverpine forest (as horde obv) to experience the horde lore in Gilneas. I got to experience it while doing the Silverpine quests achievement and I did enjoy the Gilneas part of it, definitely worth doing it if you like lore.
    Last edited by Geomatician; 2010-12-01 at 01:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell by the structure of the city that its not meant for anything more but a display. If you understand me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    It is empty, the finale to the zone the worgen leave, the area is destroyed by the undead horde.
    Crowley stays back with his daughter and a few Worgen and with the help of Ivar Bloodfang and the 7th legion ( reinforcements from Stormwind ) they push the Forsaken out of Gilneas.

So no, lorewise is not empty and the not the entire area is destoyed.

Do the Forsaken quests in Silverpine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Crowley stays back with his daughter and a few Worgen and with the help of Ivar Bloodfang and the 7th legion ( reinforcements from Stormwind ) they push the Forsaken out of Gilneas.

So no, lorewise is not empty and the not the entire area is destoyed.

Do the Forsaken quests in Silverpine.
    Seconded. Lorewise Gilneas remains contested, so logically there'd be NPCs still locked in combat. It just wouldn't make sense for either faction to do a Crystalsong on the whole area, in spite of the Gilnean evacuation and the Forsaken getting (what's left of) their faces re-arranged. As to what happens next for Queen Mia, Princess Tess, and the Crowleys, we'd likely have to find out in a 4.x patch.

So it's attributable to either plot hole aliens, phasing mechanic aliens, or both, beaming everyone out of the area.

So there isn't a goblin city either?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokie95 View Post
    So there isn't a goblin city either?
    Not in the normal sense. Goblins got Bilgewater Harbor, but at the moment it functions more like a Horde version of Theramore than an actual city.

unfortunately not
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Alliance! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises!

Deleted
    Bilgewater Harbour is just a glorified town.

Easy city raiding for alliance and horde!

The DK Starting Zone was a wonderful place to RP, even if it was full of Emo-DKs-Being-Emo. I hope they leave Gilneas be and let you access it in the same fashion, however. I've been in love with Gilneas City ever since I saw it for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rejitherogue View Post
    SO....there is no new cities related to the worgen? What about goblin?
    i have one player on horde side. actually goblins have some what of a city in azshara called bilgewater harbor. it has a FP, trainers, etc. last time i was there prior to cata release they had also what looked like a bank but no NPCs inside. it is the first building up the hill from the FP there.

imo, bilgewater harbor > theramoore in purpose

all horde races can go to goblin/orc shared 10-20 area (azshara) and quest, they have 4 FP's there, and a achieve "Joy Ride" along with some others...once again all horde can get them not just goblins. not sure if horde can go to kezan-lostisles and do those 1-12 quests

ruins of gilneas 1-12 quests are all phased no other non-worgen races can go there to quest, no achieves, other than exploration. even a worgen player told me once you leave there is really no way to go back by boat, FP, etc. all alliance can go to darkshore and do the 10-20 NE/worgen shared quests
    Last edited by pinkz; 2010-12-08 at 09:46 PM.

blizz made it a bg b/c they didnt want the smc/exodar problem where they put a lot of work into a city that nobody ever went to and thats why the made it a bg, though maybe at the very end of wow in the credits i suppose that tell you everything that happened after *i assume sargeras* is defeated they will say how they get their city back
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."