Some help with my next tanking piece.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Shanksteak

I've been debating on weather to pick up the frost belt, or the chest piece for my tanking set. I recently jumped from a guild doing fester/rot to a guild doing 10 LK (no kills yet, but getting close). I think I'm geared enough for the fight, but want to make sure I'm picking up the biggest upgrade/time I can. The chest seems to be a bigger upgrade, but I already have the soft expertise cap, so I was thinking the belt would be a better choice, as I may get an sack of wonder which is just slightly worse than the badge chest, or slightly better if HC(about 1 out of every 2 25 mans I go to does HC lootship). Thanks for the advice.

**oh if this matters, if I don't get a distant land or at least a shaft of glacial ice or greatspear from BP's, I'm just picking up a hilt to get the lightborne spire, which does have a gob of expertise if that matters in which I pick up.

I'd go with the badge tanking cloak

You'll regret spending badges on a chest piece (especially the tier one because its not that great) for the Sack to drop of the lootship in the same week.

If you really want to upgrade your chest however, go for the EoF chest piece, not the tier one, but the badge one. It has better stats and an extra socket. (I've got it equipped atm if you need to find out which one i'm on about).

Get the belt after this upgrade

The offset chest was indeed the chest I was talking about. My cloak is within a whisper of the frost tanking cloak, so I'm not as concerned with it as the chest/belt

Sack of Wonders > Badge chest by far.
    You're way under the hit cap, and by just getting the sack,
    you're suddenly a little over hitcap.

There's nothing more annoying the re-applying lacerate late
    just to it miss\parry. Hit and expertise is win!
    It also ramps up your TPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.

Deleted
    Personally I would keep your cape. As you say, it's almost as good as your current one, and personally I prefer agility stuff atm . I am personally tanking with two 277 agility rings and the same 277 back as you. great dodge/crit/armor compared to straight tank items.

Go for the EoF belt atm and don't bother getting the offset chest, you will get ikfirus chest at some point (I must say I disagree, the vendor chest isn't just slightly worse for tanking ferals, it's A LOT worse). Depending on the price of primordials, you could just farm EoF and sell some primordials and eventually buy the 264 ikfirus, atm it goes for 3k on my server, might be about the same on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantina View Post
    I disagree, the vendor chest isn't just slightly worse for tanking ferals, it's A LOT worse). Depending on the price of primordials, you could just farm EoF and sell some primordials and eventually buy the 264 ikfirus, atm it goes for 3k on my server, might be about the same on yours.
    I completely disagree with this. The only thing the sack of wonder has over the Vendor chest is 100 Hit and 16 AP. If your floating anywhere around the hit cap (or by equipping the sack it puts you over it) then the extra hit is completely wasted. For example if you have 240 hit rating before you equip the sack, then the remainder of the hit above 263 is wasted and you only end up gaining 16 AP...

Funny really that you just blindly point out that its crap without considering the facts.

The EoF chest however has 16 Agility and 92 Crit rating (2% at 80) not too shabby!

And please don't listen to people when they say its stupid and or dangerous to fall below the hit cap, i've had 195 for AGES and no one on my server is yet to pull boss aggro off me due to my inability to keep my threat up on the boss, i was floating around 160 for a fair while too before i changed a few gems out. The ample amount of Arp on our gear makes up for the tiny amount of threat we lose by missing 2-3% of any physical attack.

The belt is a cheaper and longer term choice when the sack is a relatively easily accessible upgrade in the near future.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    I completely disagree with this. The only thing the sack of wonder has over the Vendor chest is 100 Hit and 16 AP. If your floating anywhere around the hit cap (or by equipping the sack it puts you over it) then the extra hit is completely wasted. For example if you have 240 hit rating before you equip the sack, then the remainder of the hit above 263 is wasted and you only end up gaining 16 AP...

Funny really that you just blindly point out that its crap without considering the facts.

The EoF chest however has 16 Agility and 92 Crit rating (2% at 80) not too shabby!

And please don't listen to people when they say its stupid and or dangerous to fall below the hit cap, i've had 195 for AGES and no one on my server is yet to pull boss aggro off me due to my inability to keep my threat up on the boss, i was floating around 160 for a fair while too before i changed a few gems out. The ample amount of Arp on our gear makes up for the tiny amount of threat we lose by missing 2-3% of any physical attack.
    It's not stupid or dangerous to fall below 8% hit, but its not ideal. I use to run with 6% myself and while I managed just fine, let me tell you I noticed a difference in my threat output once I became hit capped again.

The problem you have is you're at 195 hit rating and that's while using shaft of glacial ice with all that hit rating on it. No BiS list for ferals contains shaft of glacial ice and if you ever replace this weawpon with a 264 bloodfall (better choice imo) or a 277 weapon then you're going to be in an even worse situation hit wise.
    This is why shadow seeker tunic is not so good for ferals and sack of wonder is. It has a crap load of hit & expertise which helps us reach out caps easier and allows us not be restricted to a hit weapon just to get hit capped, or in your case 2% away from the hit cap.

That doesnt mean shaft is a bad weapon or what you're doing isnt working for you. It obviously is, but it could be working better maybe ?

To the OP:
    I'd probably get the frosty vendor belt at this point in yo toons career. Work on replacing that DPS chest piece with the sack of wonder. The tier chest piece is good for DPS not tanks. What weapon are you using btw ? You logged out with a fishing pole.
    Last edited by rated; 2010-08-27 at 04:36 PM.

Deleted
    The emblem cloak is bis (imo). The emblem belt is very close to bis (putri hc belt is only a tiny bit better). For your chest the ikfirus chest is advisable. Even tho you might not need all of the hit/exp atm, once you get a few more upgrades you will start losing hit/exp.

If you really need the biggest upgrade right now, the emblem chest will work i guess. But just keep in mind that in the end you will want to have the emblem belt, cloak and the gunship chest, and your emblem chest will then move to your bank to start collecting dust.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-29 at 01:58 AM.

thanks for the replies so far.

At the moment I'm using the 232 Orca Hunter Harpoon, ive been trying to get something better for months, but I cant get a drop. I'm about to the point of upgrading to the Lightborn Spire (hilt mace).

I'd say to get the cloak honestly. It really is best in slot, and while what you have may not be bad, the badge cloak you really can't replace.