Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this lil story on another thread, but i think it fits here as well.

After killing Varian in SW, I was on my prot orc warr, we were all running out, the Alliance had gathered a VERY large raid group chaseing us to the tram, in an act of Martyrdom, I stopped as we were fleeing, turned around, battle charged/intimidating shout/pierceing shout/shockwave combo'd them and bought our raid the roughly 7-10 seconds they needed. The Alliance, fans of mass group attaks as they are, couldn't resist the chance to gank the shit out of a Horde, so atleast 70% of their raid stopped for me. Truly was a good moment.
    Anyone else notice the Pokémon breeding center is on Route 34? Just sayin'.

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. The end has come!" - Hakumen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest one that I can remember is being stuck in terrain and unable to see anything after using my Lock's teleport ability.

I was wrecking the Pally, then teleported, got stuck and blind and died.

---------- Post added 2010-08-26 at 10:29 PM ----------

Wow, do people really not know what "blooper" is? Or are they so conceited as to brag about their "skills" in a thread meant to poke fun of themselves.

Either way, it's sad reading half of these posts.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Once I attacked this paladin on my rogue, he had a 2H. Once he got in combat he changed to a 1H and shield, turns out he was prot. I escaped, but it could of been worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disengaging off of lumber mill. I realized it in time however, and used my parachute quickly enough to just float down to BS. In arena, it would be the druid that constantly cyclones the kill target.

A hunter was thinking he was cool disengaging at the bottom of Lumber mill so he wouldnt die from the jump in Arathi Basin, he then came back up and tried it again got me in combat on my rogue and jumped off, I vanished so he wasn't in combat anymore.. he died

when leveling my hunter i decided to do some random battle ground and found myself in arathi basin, was enjoying nuking the alliance and as i made my way to the lumber mill with a few others we get to the flag and a load of alliance charge up, killed one before they got to close and i then disengaged straight off the cliff to my death and i sat there laughing at my noobishness, was the first time i used it aswell :P

Not entirely on topic, but I will tell my stories anyway.

When I started playing WoW, I played on a PvP server. Now I play on a normal server, and I kind of miss world PvP. Nowadays, I go for anything I see if it is PvP flagged. Class or gear above me doesn't matter. I don't normally go for players of levels below me though.

Story 1: I was going to do ICC with my guild, when a group of 10 or so alliance were outside the entrance. One of them was a /afk'ed paladin, that didn't look like he belonged to the group. My warrior friend and I, a rogue, were the only horde players around. After a quick discussion in raid chat we decided to go for it, even though the whole thing looked like a trap. And a trap it was, warrior charged the AFK'er, who suddenly popped up and bubble'd. The druid started healing him, and a bunch of others nuked down my warrior. I was still in stealth, so I stunned the healer, and went bladeflurrykillingspree on their asses. I got down two players before I too died. When the rest of the raid arrived, they gave them such a hard fight (partially because the ally being flagged now meant they got the first move) that the ally player immediately had to retreat into the ICC portal. It was a glorious day.

Story 2: I was doing my daily quests in Icecrown, when I saw this human paladin at the cultist camp next to the argent tournament grounds. He was a tank with 46k hp, but only had 20k left. Needless to say, I went for it, hoping to nuke him down before my stunlock was over. Obviously the guy just bubble'd up, and I realized I was losing the fight. As I was convinced that I would die, an idea came to me. Instead of doing the usual vanish move, I activated my Rocket Boots and ran outside the edge of icecrown. Just as I was about to hit the bottom, I used my parachute cloak. The pala didn't follow me, and I like to think I successfully faked my own death.
    Last edited by Noldi; 2010-08-31 at 11:58 PM.
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when death grip was still buggy as all hell, I was leveling my death knight. I was in Nagrand, when this horde priest decided it was his sacred duty to god to gank all the dk's in outland. I was near the canyon around Halaa, and he was flying over the edge of the canyon. He had already killed me once, but this time I had a plan. Not a good plan, mind you, but by sheer luck it worked.

As the priest was flying around taunting me, I ran straight at the canyon edge. He was still flying over the canyon, and right as I fell I death gripped him. It pulled him off his mount and down the canyon with me.

I landed in water, he hit a rock and died.

And that is how a level 65 dk defeated a level 80 priest.

Gank a pally, yup, there he is. Ha, moron, he's prot, can't see me in stealth, I'll have him down in nothing flat. Cheap Shot, Mutilate, Env-....Env-.... Oh Christ I never poisoned. Kidney, Vanish, run!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I was in WG on my main (Belf hunter) and I just killed this allie pally who was doing his dallies. Out of no where, a Nelf warrior drops out of the sky with her charge. We fought for what seems a min and want form a island in the small lake to the outer edge. We where both low on hp but I felt live to fight another day was good. So I friezed her, FD and flu off. Well I got thinking that is a dishonor to the Horde so i went back. She was Healing but still really low on hp. I thought "Hey, air atk" and shot her as I was falling. I miss judged my hp left and how high I was. So I died form falling. I also did not get enough shots off to kill her. On the good side she did not get an HK......on the bad said i got a 10g repair bill.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2010-08-27 at 03:44 AM.

My most recent one,

Was in some BG, and was convinced that the other team was so overgeared because I was hitting for nothing and getting blasted down so quickly. So after raging hard that I don't stand a chance at winning and this is just fucking bullshit, I notice that I have a sword and board equiped. Opened up my character tab and noticed that I had on my pve dps gear :s learnt that arms warrior brostorming with a tanking sword and a shield will never hit hard.

ive gotten stuck in some invisibe wall once, while ganking horde at their GY in AB, needless to say it served me right. on my rogue countless times ive been owning some one, only to hit thet dredded fkin windows key on my key board...wow minimizes...spam alt tab to get back asap, come back and im dead. lol theres prob more stories but thats all i can remember for now.

Quote Originally Posted by vexinar View Post
    fkin windows key on my key board...wow minimizes...
    You can set it to windowed mode but maximized. Same playing experience, but you wont minimize WoW if you accidentally hit that key.

I don't need it however, I just lock the Windows key on my keyboard (special button somewhere else on there).
    "There is a fly in the ointment. Shit has hit the fan. The lion will speak!" - Saul Silver

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in vanilla, when you could still fish in AV, I was induldging in some honor farming while fishing up some pet food on my hunter. Back then we would fish entirely naked in AV to designate ourselves as 'noncombatants' and most folks from the other team would leave us alone. Well, I see this orc shammy running down the hill toward me...but I keep fishing. He stops just inside cast range and looks around, I assume making sure there wasn't a trap, and starts to cast on me. I had been hovering my mouse over my outfitter button for my full t2 set, as soon as he started casting I hit the button and then FD to get out of combat for the gear swap. I immediatly stood up and dropped the shammy where he was standing.....he hit me once....so imagine how dumb he felt, going from 'lol hes naked EZ kill' to ' holy fkin shit what just happened'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Playing 3v3 arenas (mmr around 2330) playing kitty cleave vs. wiz cleave (pally elesham boomkin) and we burned the boomkin hard my gladius said he was dead so i switched and my feral got cycloned i look back and the boomkin is still alive. We go on to lose the game. Worst. Fail. Ever. My 3s partners still make fun of me for this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joholy View Post
    So, this one time at the Lumber Mill
    wow this actually made me laught. You sir are a genius.
    For me it was putting living bomb on a group of horde and watch them blow all up because they got in this tight huddle. That was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Waiting for wintergrasp semi AFK. I think I was reading, not alt+tabbed. This was on my alliance paladin. This hunter flies up... I can tell he *really* wants to gank me. I don't move.

He dismounts, doesn't get a shot off, plummets to his death. I lol, go back to reading. So he comes back, I don't move. He looks around, sees some people duelling down in the courtyard. Lands to gank them (very easy and cheap to gank duellers because their hp is already low) so I land on top of him and smash him flat.

Go back up flying. This time I must have been too close to the Wintergrasp fortress because he's able to land and take half my HP off in about no time flat. It was surprising actually how hard he hit me. I fly up to the roof, land, heal myself up and am mounting right when he lands. He gets a shot off but it doesn't hurt. I fly over the side, wait a tic, and fly back up. He was in the process of mounting up, I land on top of him, and I can just imagine him falling out of his chair scrambling at his keyboard. I thought I might lose for a second when he disengaged and the slope of the roof actually took him far enough away to be out of repentance range, but I managed to hand of freedom and get close enough because he had his back to the edge, repent, get on top of him again and finish him off.

Then I flew up, went back to reading.
    No one asked you to make up a story about how you owned someone in pvp to make yourself feel good. This is a thread about bloopers and learning to laugh at yourself and not think you're god's gift to WoW.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 11:03 PM ----------

Sheesh, now that I am reading more - this whole thing is a "i'm awesome at pvp and no one else is" thread. I was hoping for a fun thread to read.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Biggest one that I can remember is being stuck in terrain and unable to see anything after using my Lock's teleport ability.

Wow, do people really not know what "blooper" is? Or are they so conceited as to brag about their "skills" in a thread meant to poke fun of themselves.

Lol.. you're response is the only one that made me chuckle... cause you said it before me. ha!

I'm not very good at PvP, and as a result of this, I tend to flail about while playing. Unbeknownst to me, I my roommate was looking over my shoulder while I was playing and I threw up my mouse hand (mouse in hand - wireless) in exasperation, hitting him in the face with it (weighted mouse) and scratching his eye with my thumbnail.

I'm not allowed to PvP anymore =(

Crap, I thought this topic is about my pro moments, not about my fails Misread while being drunk ftl

On topic then, last time playing 3v3 on my warrior, I was playing against some wizzcleave, consisting of ele shaman, and frost mage. We decided to kill mage as he was half PvE.
    After he had no iceblocks and was on very low hp, the other team CC'd my pala and lock, mage tried to hide behind the boxes, LoSing his priest more than us, but then his ele shaman thunderstormed me right to that mage. I flew above the mage, but I accidentally melee'd him, and then I felt down (it was on Dalaran Arena). Mage died. I rofl'd so hard, this animation was priceless. Hopefully this is more on topic :P
    Last edited by Airlick; 2010-08-31 at 11:23 PM. Reason: misread topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

Who said it had to be a blooper on our part? I didn't really see anyone brag about their skills, just say how people completely botched their attacks upon them.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.