Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Mages get a bloodlust/heroism ,and dont forget,we have cookies.Anyway,im not very sure about mage either.I feel that arcane is a pure pvp talent now ,and they seem to keep working on making frost pve viable ....anyway,the best pvp spec for a mage was frost,im not sure how we will handle in pvp at 85,if frost gets pve stuff,and arcane is a destro warlock without fear .Fire is like allways,decent at pve i guess,and bad at pvp...even if they keep trowing very helpfull pvp talents there,fire is like an arcane mage without that much burst...and arcane is just like a frost mage ,but without all that control...

So i think you should pick warlock.For them,the talent trees at least look clear

Quote Originally Posted by Banon View Post
    Mage for all the reasons stated above, and yes they fixed ignite so now it makes all the small DOT's one giant painful DOT. Fire tree looks tremendous, and frost is finally PVE viable.
    That is the talent Combustion and it has a 2 min CD, ignite has not changed.

I vote for warlock, fear > nuke > fear > nuke > fear > nuke > terror > nuke hmm tasty. And Blizzard will make sure the new soul shard system rocks. Well unless they mess it up

Haven't checked up on the warlocks new spells ans all but I can assure you that mages will be lots of fun in cata (We get bloodlust =D !).

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    fear > nuke > fear > nuke > fear > nuke > terror > nuke hmm tasty. And Blizzard will make sure the new soul shard system rocks. Well unless they mess it up
    Omg have you ever played warlock in pvp?? In reality that's what happens:

1rst fear (2s cast now) > racial / talent anti-fear (there is so many I won't list them here)
    Now 2 options: if it's a rogue, he will wait to get is dots then use cloak of shadows then vanish to finish you off.
    If its a war: he is immune to fear and will charge. When his immunity jump, he will use is bladestorm to be immune to everything else you can throw at him (terror in your example) and crit the hell out of you.

2nd fear: they saw it coming > interupt (silence, kick, strangulate etc)

3rd fear: it last for 1s ok they take it and the 4rth will be resisted (diminishing returns ftl)

terror: trinket

By then, you're a dead lock.

In pvp fear is not as option. It is just a good fake cast 'sometimes'. Terror, seduce or stun (shadowfury) are the reliable cc we have. That's why i play destru in bg (affli is great if you have a healer). Stun > terror > nuke as fast as possible (not too hard as you can pwn everything quickly except healers).

If you like CC, Mage is soo much better imo. They don't nuke as fast, but their survival ability + mobility make them much better if you're a good player. Melees for example will never touch you.

There is a reason why lock are always the focus n°1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Whats that? I cant hear you, I'm forty yards away from you inside a room that is out of sight of your current location and elevated above you.
    I'd trade Demonic Teleport for Blink any day.

On-topic, I am in a similar position at the moment, but I think I am going to stick with my Warlock simply because I love Affliction too much. That and the new Shard System looks juicy, just hoping they can pull it off correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!