Poll: Should blizz bring back World Bosses

Thread: World Bosses?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World Bosses?

Remember the good old Classic World Bosses that would roam around. I love world bosses, gives people something else to do. Especially if your someone that doesn't like everything being instanced. I thought that along with the old world changes, Blizzard could add a couple of world bosses. Maybe not the 40man bosses but maybe some 10man bosses that give a quick epic and/or noncombat pet when you kill them.

So what do you think?

They were "Discontinued" for a reason. The amount of griefing and abuse related to those world bosses was ABSURD. In TBC they tried to institute a harder line with regards to penalties for interfering with another groups attempts at a world boss, but really, they gave up and scrapped the idea.

The closest you will come in Wrath is the timelost Proto, and that poor sucker have a lower life expectancy than a paper cat chased by an asbestos dog through hell.

I think yes. I didn't play in Vanilla, so never killed a world boss on 60, but killed some on 70, and I think it would be a lot of fun with new world bosses.

Imo the griefing was a part of world bosses. But on my server people usually respected the guild who was attempting hte boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    no world bosses please, blizzard took them out for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    They were "Discontinued" for a reason. The amount of griefing and abuse related to those world bosses was ABSURD. In TBC they tried to institute a harder line with regards to penalties for interfering with another groups attempts at a world boss, but really, they gave up and scrapped the idea.
    Eh, it's not like the griefing is forced on you. When you engage a world boss you have to be aware of the risks. Combining PvE and PvP makes it that much more interesting imo. I think the possibility should be there, protecting players from themselves just makes the game more boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    defintly should be implemented. i think that the greifing process is part of the aspect of the WORLD of warcraft WORLD bosses. you know, people of the WORLD effecting w/e you do in their chosen way. almost as if this was a WORLD in its own.

I would love to see some new world bosses, people who whined about being ganked when they were killing them should know that they were taking a risk and should have set up some players to prevent that happening.

As long as they aren't dragons, I hate killing dragons =[

Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post

The closest you will come in Wrath is the timelost Proto, and that poor sucker have a lower life expectancy than a paper cat chased by an asbestos dog through hell.
    Have to agree with this. They didn't introduce any world bosses in WotLK for a reason. They were awful in vanilla, they tried to improve and failed to do so in TBC, and decided to heck with it in WotLK.

World Bosses are a thing of the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    Eh, it's not like the griefing is forced on you. When you engage a world boss you have to be aware of the risks. Combining PvE and PvP makes it that much more interesting imo. I think the possibility should be there, protecting players from themselves just makes the game more boring.
    the problem wasn't pvp happening, the problem was people killing themselves on purpose on kazzak to give him health back

also, another problem was druids flying in and then (NS)cycloning the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    I would love to see some new world bosses, people who whined about being ganked when they were killing them should know that they were taking a risk and should have set up some players to prevent that happening.

As long as they aren't dragons, I hate killing dragons =[
    qft
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Rare world boss events like Kruul every now and then would be good, no more fixed location bosses like Kazzak though please, like others said they were discontinued for a reason.

The amount of grief we got on Kazzak / Doomwalker runs in TBC was horrendous, people trying to wipe us / attempting to tag the boss before we did and such.

Outdoor bosses and pupulated areas do not mix unless it is done specially like Kruul was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whale Shark anyone?

Theres an achievement for it and it have insane amounts of health :O

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Whale Shark anyone?

Theres an achievement for it and it have insane amounts of health :O
    Ye but no drops.

Deleted
    Both yes and no.
    Yes: They should bring them back, but the reward for killing them should be "lowered". They shouldn't be mandatory for tier progressing and the gear they drop should be on par with 5 man heroics, at best(or they could drop vanity items like mounts and so).
    No: If they bring them back, the factions with lower population on already imbalanced servers will suffer even more.

Hell yeah. I never played as a maxed character in TBC and never played at all in Vanilla, so for me it would be great to experience them
    http://www.badomen.info/website/
    Bad Omen recruiting!
    7/13 heroic 25
    Lf:
    Death Knight (DPS)
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    More variety is nice, but let's make sure the best goodies stay inside raids. I like what they did with the whale shark (or is it shark whale?), it doesn't give any loot, gold or exp, but it gives a nice achiev. Not something them hardcore folks would starve for, but it's a fun side-goal for the bored folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrco View Post
    Ye but no drops.
    And crits for like a million with a normal attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss being able to be just close enough to Doomwalker that I could aggro him to make him spam the zone when waiting for my BT raid to start. oh the good old days.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

This is World of WARcraft. We're fighting with others to obtain items, loot, etc. faster.

If you've played dodgeball.....at the beginning 2 people from opposite sides are going for the same ball.
    If the other person gets there first, do you just stop and let them have it? No! You punch them in the face
    and take the ball from them.

So at a world boss:
    Phase 1: Roundhouse kick the opposing faction in the face, chuck norris style
    Phase 2: Tag the mob first
    Phase 3: ???
    Phase 4: Profit!!!!