Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No, it's time for a caster dps weapon, not another melee weapon, there has been let's see... 5 Melee Legendaries, 1 Ranged legendary and 1 Healer/caster legendary and one healing legendary.

I certainly agree they need to create a new legendary to take its place, preferably a pun like our wonderful Molten Core Hammer.

Firey Undebatably Uber Undergarments! or FUUU for short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I don't think that it does.
    I would much rather see new items, than recycled ones.

The first legendary is going to be a trident dropped by Neptulon. There will not be another one on the same tier of raiding. We can expect at least a one tier gap between the trident and the next legendary.
    but neptulon isnt even in the first tier

15+ Year Old Account
    what about NO
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my honest opinion, the most likely weapon type of the next legendary will be a dps caster dagger.

My reasons being:
    -We've had three legendary one-handed swords (melee).
    -We've had a legendary staff (casters).
    -We've had a legendary two-handed mace (melee).
    -We've had a legendary two-handed axe (melee).
    -We've had a legendary bow (physical ranged).
    -We've had a legendary one-handed mace (healer).

That leaves daggers, fist weapons, guns, crossbows, and two-handed swords. Blizzard has already stated that the next legendary will be for caster dps. If blizzard keeps to the trend of having a legendary for each weapon type, then a dagger would seem like the most obvious choice. Also, all dps casters can wield daggers whereas only a couple can use swords (but not maces) while the rest can wield maces (but not swords). While all dps casters can wield staves as well, not all caster dps use staves in ideal circumstances (such as elemental shamans and shields, to give an example).

Anyway, that's my two cents.
    Last edited by Raenas; 2010-08-27 at 11:26 PM.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    You didn't need to do BWL to get the ores, you could just buy them. The only raid instance you NEEDED to do was Molten Core.
    My argument still stands. BWL had to exist, and someone had to be killing Razorgore at least to get the ores.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    but neptulon isnt even in the first tier
    Nope. I recall a blue stating that introducing a legendary in the first tier seemed odd to them. I imagine that Neptulon will be side by side with Ragnaros in Tier 2 of cata raiding. The design they are going with for raids seems to be more smaller raids than one large raid. So at least The Firelands and Abyssal maw both being open in T2 seems reasonable. T1 has three raids, so T2 may as well. Maybe the War of the Ancients raid?
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

If they reuse anything at all my bets go with Atiesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    no WTB MAH FRIGIN' ASHBRINGER !!!
    I'm sorry, Blizzard is currently out of stock...

...forever.

I doubt that Sulfuras will return. For one, I don't think Golemagg is making a comeback, and he was the only source of sulfuron ingots. Maybe a new legendary may come from Ragnaros and maybe Al'Akir, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Besides, people will be farming for these old legendaries for the guild achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Nope. I recall a blue stating that introducing a legendary in the first tier seemed odd to them.
    It would indeed suck if we got a caster legendary that was obsolete by the time we hit the halfway point of the expansion. Personally I'd rather wait til the last or penultimate tier of raiding before we casters get one.

However its fairly irrelevant to me as chances are I'd never even get one when it does get released XD

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    If they reuse anything at all my bets go with Atiesh.
    I know what the community at large seems to think of him, but I'm pretty sure Med'an is the current wielder of Atiesh.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNemesis View Post
    However its fairly irrelevant to me as chances are I'd never even get one when it does get released XD
    You can get legendary weapons from 10 man raids. This makes me wonder how rare they will be.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see a new Thunderflurry. And a 1h and 2h Mace verson of the Hand of Ragnaros. 1h verson for say Enh Shamans, Rogues, Dks and Fury Warriors can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't make sense to revamp the model, because then the current Legendary wouldn't really be Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, it'd look completely different to the one Ragnaros uses and if I remember correctly, these hammers were crafted by followers in the image of Ragnaros' weapon.

And to be honest here, if it would get a new model, I don't want the old weapon to be revamped into the newer model Ragnaros uses, it would remove all epicness it has, since it was introduced in Vanilla.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-08-28 at 04:30 AM.

Well, I'd be *okay* with it if it was an epic drop from him, but I don't want to see any legendaries from the past return as a legendary. The last thing we need is a melee legendary weapon of any kind unless its specifically for shaman and druids which have nothing in common in weapons outside of healing sepcs or *maybe* a legendary for tanks. I'm not being hopeful or anything but the more I think about it the more I think the second legendary (after the caster one) will be some kind of hunter/feral druid legendary, most likely a polearm of sorts. The only viable other options are for tanking or for rogues/enchance shamans, but again rogues have had a lot of shit available in the past as well, and warriors in particular have been able to use practically every legendary as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    Hmmm.

Well, first off, no. But the post got me thinking about how they'd handle an updated Thunderfury. Would it be built as a tanking weapon or a DPS weapon? Because it was clearly designed for DPS, but it has become the iconic tanking sword.
    No, Thunderfury was designed for Tanks its obvious, most of the Rogues or Fury Warriors back in the day were getting aggro insanely fast when wielding it because of the effect.