Deleted

Arms w/ shield Leveling build.

Hey. I am currently experimenting with an Arms/Prot leveling build. It looks something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#LVrIzf...fZZV0xr:bdZ0zM - Mind you, I'm in level 71 which is why not all points are spent.

The basic idea is that you run around with full arms gear (except for 1hander and shield) in def stance. Shield slam hits like a truck, and Revenge hits like ..ehhh... well, like a truck as well. Because of Unrelenting Assault and Improved Revenge, you can take down 2 mobs in like 0 seconds every 40 seconds (shield block), spamming Revenge. Overpowered in PvP.

So - tell me what you think - would it be more or less efficient than an ordinary Prot leveling spec?

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 09:52 AM ----------

Oh, and in between the Shield Slams and the Revenges, you'll be spamming Slam.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2010-08-27 at 09:55 AM.

Deleted
    Not trying to put you down, cos i think its great that you want to have fun playing with talent builds, but id would rather just be full arms...that way u can queue in the RDF as dps level.
    Do you find normal dps warrior downtime to be too great?

Part of being Arms is Overpower + Rend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    Not trying to put you down, cos i think its great that you want to have fun playing with talent builds, but id would rather just be full arms...that way u can queue in the RDF as dps level.
    Do you find normal dps warrior downtime to be too great?
    Actually, yeah. I used to be dualspecced arms/prot but I hardly ever used arms because of the crappy dps and high downtime - I like prot much more.

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    Yeah. In battle stance. Talking defence stance here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr View Post
    Not in UA specs. Looks like you're not getting the concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Not in UA specs. Looks like you're not getting the concept.

What about explaining the concept then? Havent played for the last 6 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    What about explaining the concept then? Havent played for the last 6 months.
    I guess you get the concept, it was aimed at Thundurr who obviously has no clue.

Deleted
    Mmm. He has though. He's trolling. :>

Now, why didn't you spec Mortal strike. Otherwise I like the idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niero123 View Post
    Now, why didn't you spec Mortal strike. Otherwise I like the idea
    Cause it requires Battle Stance. Isn't worth switching all the time.

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 11:15 AM ----------

Oops, nope, it doesn't. My bad. Wow, then that specc is OP - changing right away xD

Concept is actually really good, but I see a few flaws in your build. Some of the talents you chose are virtually worthless for leveling.

Heres a build I threw together: Arms/Prot Leveling build (level 71)

It focuses less on survivability and more on efficiency. I left talents out like Anticipation and Imp Slam, due to their minor contribution to tanking/dpsing at this level, and they also potentially cause you to have lower rage gen at this level. Incite+ Imp Thunderclap are a must for AoE leveling. Shield mastery over 2 extra points in Wrecking Crew for better uptime on Shield Block, hence more on demand Revenges. Sweeping Strikes glyph for more efficient AoE pulls. Keep in mind that everything posted here is in the mindset of leveling, and nothing else. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd swap sword spec for axe spec whenever you find a suitable axe. Why? Because mathematically, the extra attacks with a sword are a marginal dps gain when compared to revenge/SS critting 5% more frequently, and for slightly harder.

I also dumped points from improved slam - I can't see how slam is too impressive with a 1h.

Finally, work on getting your next points put into Cruelty after you max out Wrecking Crew. Why? Despite Cruelty's tooltip reading 5% crit with 'melee weapons', it does indeed affect your shield attacks.

Deleted
    Really nice spec, I'll have to show my friend who is currently leveling a warrior.