Thread: Tier 30? :/

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy Tier 30? :/

Is it just me, or is it going to be really odd seeing tier 11,12,13+ etc. When you think back to vanilla and T1 it meant something. I mean, it still means something to hve the latest tier... Or does it? I think every john dick and harry at level 80 has tier 10 by now, it's just too easy.
    I can just imagine some people being like "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen." But yeah, it just seems ridiculous, if they keep going like this, what, in another expansion will it be tier 20? I mean seriously, that is just silly. Granted I don't know what they can do about the issue, any good ideas?
    The years know things the days never did.
    Evil exists to glorify the good. Evil is negative good. It is a relative term. Evil can be transmuted into good. What is evil to one at one time, becomes good at another time to somebody else.

Deleted
    I think every john dick and harry at level 80 has tier 10 by now, it's just too easy.
    I can just imagine some people being like "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen.
    tier 10 ilvl277 =/= tier 10 ilvl 251

and i don´t think it´s silly because that´s how it is if you get more tiers, duh

Tears over tiers. teehee
    Shadowsong EU: Tyler [85 Warrior] .: Durden [85 Priest] .: Palahniuk [85 Warlock] .: Boeddeker [85 Shaman] .: Cronenweth [85 Druid] .: Uhls [85 Paladin] .: Chesler [85 Mage] .: Fincher [85 Hunter] .: Paulson [85 Rogue] .: Lichborne [85 Death Knight] Magtheridon EU: Uhls [82 Paladin] Trollbane EU: Acro [81 Death Knight] Blade's Edge EU: Cronenweth [83 Druid]

10+ Year Old Account
    You are playing an MMO, Brynhildr. A game of constant progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhildr View Post
    I can just imagine some people being like "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen."
    He sure got lots of bag space then :=)

i have full 277 tier t10.5 n shadowmourne sharpened twighlieght scale and wdt heroic... see what i mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Palahniuk View Post
    Tears over tiers. teehee
    I see what you did there sir!

---------- Post added 2010-08-27 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phai View Post
    You are playing an MMO, Brynhildr. A game of constant progression.
    Yeah, that's why I don't have an answer to this blatent issue. I remember playing in Vanilla and having tier 1 and 2, and it was cool n stuff, felt like it meant something. Granted the value of the items havn't really changed, but it just feels lessened, and weird sayin "I have full teir 15" when it gets to that point. Erh, maybe it's just me lol.
    The years know things the days never did.
    Evil exists to glorify the good. Evil is negative good. It is a relative term. Evil can be transmuted into good. What is evil to one at one time, becomes good at another time to somebody else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen."
    Actually having every tier set is pretty respectable work. Also soon to be impossible, because Blizzard won't implement the promised storage space for old sets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually with 10man and 25man both dropping same gear I would assume they are removing one part of the tier. Both ToTC and ICC had a emblem part of the tier then you can turn in a token to get the better version and then heroic token....I would assume they are removing the emblem part since it was more to allow 10man getting tier since they didn't drop tokens as 25man did. Which also led to people being able to get the tier without even going to the raid they should have gotten them from.

By doing this the tier are getting somewhat more harder to get. Gathering emblems meant that everyone could get it without having the low chance of winning a token to buy the tier.

I'd be happy with recoloured tiers for the hc versions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    i have full 277 tier t10.5 n shadowmourne sharpened twighlieght scale and wdt heroic... see what i mean...
    LOL Wanna see a screenie and armory link ^^

Deleted
    When you think back to vanilla and T1 it meant something. I mean, it still means something to hve the latest tier... Or does it? I think every john dick and harry at level 80 has tier 10 by now, it's just too easy.
    I can just imagine some people being like "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen."
    Are you complaining about how scrubs shrinked your epeen, right?
    In Vanilla you were one of the few "I HAVE EVERY TIER,I R AWESOME RAWWRRR /epeen.", now you don't feel like a unique snowflake anymore.

I know what you mean, I was climbing a set of stairs not too long ago, and it was like only the first and last step really mattered. The ones in between? Meaningless. I just want to get started and end up at the top!

I hope they go down a tier each time. So you get the first raid instance and it drops t9, the 2nd one drops t8, and deathwing drops t7, etc, all the way down to Sargeras dropping t1.

gearing is fine right now - you have 10.251 and 264 for casuals and 277 for the cool kids. recoloring is "fine" imo, tho id prefer different sets. considering there is room for 2 more expansions(inc. cata) or even more, see t30 wont surprise me

When you think back to vanilla and T1 it meant something.
    lolno
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to call it Tier 12, 13, 14, 15, 16... etc. There's no reason you can't just do this:

Vanilla Tier 1,2,3...
    BC Tier 1,2,3...
    WotLK Tier 1,2,3...
    Cataclysm Tier 1,2,3...

Including all the in-between tiers. It's just as clear, if not more so.

We'll be seeing double-digit Season numbers anyway. Again though, you can go by the expansion name.

You know, tier sets have names for a reason. If you don't like their numerals...
    ..See where I'm going with this?
    Garrosh Hellscream (Sketch).

Frostwyrm Deathwing

Maybe they'll add new supertier things.

Give em a cool name...

Terrible Example:
    Battle Tier 1 (BT1)
    Battle Tier 2 (BT2)

Which would be through pvp raids >
    (Your raid vs bosses and other raiders at the same time)

~Ignore this comment, continue your discussion... Im so pathetic.

It's ok, big numbers scare me too.