Another reused expansion?

From the recent interview: "Chilton could see them giving Outland and Northrend the same treatment as they fall behind in quality and lore."

I really hope they dont touch northrend or outland.

The only way i could see this working would be a content patch but that would be a content patch like we have never seen.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    what? why would they make another expansion for that?

outland may take awhile but northrend has all the mechanics needed to upgrade it

change a few quests, take a few out and bingo northrend is done

outland isn't a huge problem.. it just lacks in graphics and technology

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for Outland getting a face-lift and maybe expanded...but I sincerely hope they don't mess with NR.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fanfare View Post

and the lore too.....
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    and the lore too.....
    Outland has plenty of attendant lore. Maybe not as much as NR, but plenty. Graphics/tech is probably the biggest issue there...well, that and the gear. Clown armor FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    I'm all for Outland getting a face-lift and maybe expanded...but I sincerely hope they don't mess with NR.
    Reverse is my opinion. :l Northrend should've shown some changes due to the Cataclysm..whether it be parts of DB getting flooded, Sholazar's wildlife going (more) insane, the polar Icecrown melting..
    see what i did there.
    Garrosh Hellscream (Sketch).

Frostwyrm Deathwing

Im all for returning to Northrend ;p Theres loads of areas that are amazing and were not or hardly used. Considering the Valks are joining the horde its still open (kinda) I for one would love to go back, for a raid or dungeon *Cough Kara!
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

15+ Year Old Account
    Northrend is fine, however Outland could do with a bit of a touch up.

After Cataclysm Outland is going to be the oldest leveling content in the game, fancy that.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

10+ Year Old Account

Angry

Both Northrend and Outland would require pretty heavy updates and this would undoubtedly require xpacs. For Outland, the removal of the BL threat from the world, the Union of the now Purified Blood Elves. Removal of all Raid bosses who are dead now and so on.

For Northrend, oh boy that is a major change. Removal of the Lich King as a threat, given his presence in almost every zone and dungeon. Removal of the now pointless Argent Tournament. Ulduar removed or at least cleansed of the presence of Yogg-Saron. Icecrown Citadel...I dunno... an Ebon Hold Town?

Due to the increased omni-presence of lore in the newer game, the upgrades to these newer locations would require even greater work than the vanilla zones which, by no fault of their own, are woefully short on apparent lore in comparison.

lore..no in my video game

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Northrend is fine, however Outland could do with a bit of a touch up.

After Cataclysm Outland is going to be the oldest leveling content in the game, fancy that.
    And the last time i went through i was headed to Northrend by the time i was done in Zangarmarsh.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fanfare View Post
    what? why would they make another expansion for that?

outland may take awhile but northrend has all the mechanics needed to upgrade it

change a few quests, take a few out and bingo northrend is done

Graphics and Technology isn't based of continent, Graphics and Technology is based on whats on the game, all blizzard needs is development time.

What I hope for the most is that after Cataclysm, Blizzard will take the WoW universe beyond its' existing lore and add completely new lore to the game as well as an entirely new plain/planet. Perhaps there is still a lot left to be covered though, such as Azshara, or the Warcraft comics. There might even be an expansion completely revolved around all out war between the Horde and Alliance (FINALLY! DO WANT!). It's always mostly been about Horde and Alliance teaming up to fight the common enemy (ever since WC3).

There is so much left to do in this game. Graphical and game-play changes/fixes can always be done within an expansion.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland is in an interesting spot because it is mostly removed from the Azerothian timeline... except the whole Kael'thas and Garrosh thing... but yeah for the most part it could be happening at different points in time... Northrend however is not so lucky being part of Azeroth itself and with the lore being advanced in the old world about the Lich King's defeat, going to Northrend to quest is like one big Caverns of Time thing in Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    Outland is in an interesting spot because it is mostly removed from the Azerothian timeline... except the whole Kael'thas and Garrosh thing... but yeah for the most part it could be happening at different points in time... Northrend however is not so lucky being part of Azeroth itself and with the lore being advanced in the old world about the Lich King's defeat, going to Northrend to quest is like one big Caverns of Time thing in Cata...
    I dont see the diffrence between northrend and outland in cata.. they are both removed from the correct timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i think it is up to the moods and the likes of everyone.

Some like Outlands changed, some Northrend.

I think it's up to blizz.