Thread: Cata Events

Cata Events

Blizz said that there will be cata events. Such as gnomergan and echo isle being re taking. I assume that there will be couple other smaller things going on aswell( kind of like the invasions of dragons and skeles in wrath). But my question is how much before cata will this happen? Will we be seeing it sooner then later? Or is it a week before it hits stores type thing.

I hope the Kvaldir show their faces in an event. They seemed like a pretty huge deal when they left for the shores outside the region of Northrend.

Yeah i never thought of that. They have such a cool theme to them.

Well, I'd say we'll see the retaking of Gnomeregan/Echo Isles, as well as the "Doomsday cult" events take place fairly soon. These 3 events pretty much have to occur before the Cataclysm really starts ramping up, and certainly before any world changes.

As for the elemental invasions and such, I'm not really sure. The beta seems to be progressing nicely, but I can't really make a good estimate until Uldum and the Twilight Highlands are open for testing.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Well, I'd say we'll see the retaking of Gnomeregan/Echo Isles, as well as the "Doomsday cult" events take place fairly soon. These 3 events pretty much have to occur before the Cataclysm really starts ramping up, and certainly before any world changes..

What is the doomsday cult? Iv never heard of this, or i forget.

I guess maybe I should start reading my quests instead of just flying through to 80

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Group of NPC's who predict the end of the world is near.

Theres not any details about this other than datamined files (afaik). However you get the idea what its all about here; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...the-Echo-Isles

Lol thats pretty funny actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are going to be some additions with hotfixes in the kind of easter eggs or sth, with obvious changes being added some weeks before Cata launches.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    gnomer/echo isles
    cultist invasion
    elemental invasion(actual event)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz said that there will be cata events. Such as gnomergan and echo isle being re taking. I assume that there will be couple other smaller things going on aswell( kind of like the invasions of dragons and skeles in wrath). But my question is how much before cata will this happen? Will we be seeing it sooner then later? Or is it a week before it hits stores type thing.
    Good news for ya, there's a thread in here (GunnerRecall made it, I can search it for you, just cause the sig is awesome :P) which shows an interview to blizz with a WoR summary IIRC. It said the events will happen a few weeks pre x-pac (Think Wrath with the Zombie Invasion), and then servers go down, world is Cataclysm'd and then a few weeks later, BAM!, we got Cataclysm in stores. Want me to link the thread? Oh, it also said Housing would never be implemented ,so it's crying time for some people :P
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

I hope there will be some nice events, where you could be part of it, and get achievement , tabard , mount , title or something

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverix View Post
    I hope there will be some nice events, where you could be part of it, and get achievement , tabard , mount , title or something
    You can get a Horde/Aliance - Troll/Gnome cloak. Apart from that? Well, no more info, but you will have to fend of waves of elementals in the events, and IIRC, IF and TB will be in trouble.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

It's fine about the link, ill take your word for it :P. I was just hopeing that the next 2 months wouldent be so boring. BUT mabey they will be...