Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell even AGI would be fine 1 AGI = 2 armor (I think) + crit/dodge (can't say how much for 1% at 85) and since STR doesn't give block value (since it will cease to exist) it could be close if they stop making straight up tanking weapons. If it is only on the weapon we could arrive at a point were the armor/dodge/crit trumps the AP from STR. (Also kings and wild? at Cataclysm will give +4-5?%) Who knows, we'll see I guess.

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I think it will come down to 'fast, steady rage generation' or 'slow, spiky rage generation'. I suppose damage numbers will be taken into account, however I don't believe that will be the make or break issue unless it's a significant amount of TPS.
    Rend = More damage from slow weapon
    Devastate = More damage from slow (I think if I'm wrong you're going to blow my mind)
    Heroic Strike= a cd and not on next swing so since it's based on weapon damage will benefit from a slower, harder hitting weapon so yes I think there will be a bit of a difference in aggro between slow and fast weapons

EDIT - Think the difference in aggro between a Frost Tank DK DW fast weapons vs DW slow weapons.
    Last edited by Otakira; 2010-09-04 at 09:39 PM. Reason: added example
    85/85/85/81/53/40/20/85/85/72

I get what you're saying with weapon damage and whatever, but the Frost DK example doesn't really prove your point, as everything they do is essentially based on Weapon Damage (on top of that, weapon speed doesn't affect their resource generation).

Again, I still think it will come down to how major the TPS difference will be.

Extreme example, but I'd rather have the fast and steady rage generation if I had 0 hit compared to slow and spiky.