Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Leaving the group while in combat

My party just wiped after the tank pulled 5 trash groups and then left the party, intentionally of course. I know It's happened to us all. In fact, it's happened to me several times. But I raged hard anyway, because I don't f* understand

-You can't eat or drink while in combat.

-You can't mount while in combat.

-You can't resurrect while in combat (yes, I know druids can)

-You can't kick someone from your group while in combat.

-You can't teleport out a dungeon while in combat.

-Etcetera

But the game lets you leave the party and automatically teleports you out? Just.. WHY? I don't even

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if you weren't able to leave while out of combat a group could keep themselves in combat to stop people from leaving. Although I don't like being unable to kick while in combat.

TL;DR, don't be mean to your tank and they won't leave.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

If he left, why didnt you just do the same when you saw it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we had a option where we could enable friendly fire we wouldnt had this problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Most tanks can regen health faster than rdf dpsers can dps doncha know.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Some people are just dicks, for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    If he left, why didnt you just do the same when you saw it ?
    He probably wanted his daily heroic or something and didn't feel like waiting another 10-15 mins (Assuming he's a DPS, since he's not the tank).
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do dungeons late at night, and every now and then, I do get tanks or healers (never really happened with dpsers) that leave in combat, usually after something bad happens.

The beauty of it all? Thanks to the late night population, they get right back into the same dungeon group, and then they either die or they gotta wait for the rest of the group to run back from the graveyard. Every single guy I met that had this happen to him, was real quiet afterwards for the rest of the dungeon. Not to mention, no more bad things happened!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Because if you weren't able to leave while out of combat a group could keep themselves in combat to stop people from leaving. Although I don't like being unable to kick while in combat.

Couldn't be further from the truth. You must be one of those tanks who thinks there God's gift to WoW and should be pampered every dungeon you zone in to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    Couldn't be further from the truth. You must be one of those tanks who thinks there God's gift to WoW and should be pampered every dungeon you zone in to.
    By other means, the "latter TBC/WoTLK generation" players.
    Casuals that push down other casuals in pursuit to look better amongst their own kind and whining to get the same advantages in the game as more "hardcore" players. Right?

i hate it when tanks go on a power trip. i once had one leave right before the first boss in forge of souls, i believe he was trying to farm for battered hilt drops because nothing bad had happened. but of course he pulled the boss and then left. why couldn't he have just left without wiping us? and since he was probably doing that for battered hilt, he was probably doing that to multiple groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Casuals that push down other casuals in pursuit to look better amongst their own kind and whining to get the same advantages in the game as more "hardcore" players. Right?
    You act like all casual players are "Bad". My mains a Prot/Fury warrior, you can put me in the TBC/WotLK section of when I started...began playing about 3 months b4 Wrath launched, to generalize players are casual/bad just because they didn't play in the unbalanced/broken era of Vanilla is stupid.

Deleted
    First of all: It wasn't a heroic dungeon. It was drak'tharon keep normal mode.

I wasn't mean to the tank. I, in fact, was the healer, and I didn't even tell him to step out the void zone (Drak'Tharon Keep).

Also, I stayed because, again, I was the healer, and I'm not a bastard. If I can save someone, I try. It wouldn't be the first time I manage to keep everybody alive without a tank in the party, but this time I didn't succeed. After all, I'm just level 74, there's no overgearing at those levels.

I repit: The tank left because he wanted us to die. We died because he wanted us to. I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't punish this kind of behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Wait... WHAT? O.O

On Topic; I've been doing with these. A example was in CoT:Strat where we had a very bad geared druid tank. I had to heal like a god damn rapist. We had no wipe or anything what so ever. But for some reason the tank felt for running and pull as much as he was possible until he was close to dying where your on your way to mal'ganis. Honestly. i don't see the reason behind this... Being an ass i guess. Funny? No. Cool? No. Making people look up to you? No, maybe the other way around.

Who cares ss long as you can Vanish, Feigh Death, Invis etc.

OT: Don't see the point of this topic except RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE, but I think everyone agrees with the idea that people pulling trash & leaving are annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet someone pissed off the tank by using aoe knockbacks despite being asked NOT to do that. At least that's the only thing that makes me leave a group midcombat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Some people are just dicks, for no reason.
    Newsflash, people don't drop group mid-combat unless they were given a reason to.

But I'm sure many tanks have gone "hell, I've spent 10 minutes in here but I just want everyone to suffer so I'll drop group for the lulz and start a new random heroic"

I don't see how you got that from "don't be mean to the tank"
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-30 at 01:13 PM.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    Newsflash, people don't drop group mid-combat unless they were given a reason to.

But I'm sure many tanks have gone "hell, I've spent 10 minutes in here but I just want everyone to suffer so I'll drop group for the lulz and start a new random heroic"
    you have a very idealistic view of the average tank in a random heroic, assuming your post was sarcasm.

Deleted
    Also, I find it worth telling that I've seen this behaviour much more often in the spanish servers than in the english ones.

I might transfer back to an english server.

Well some people do love to grief, so I wouldn't put it past the occasional player. like the tank the other night who kept queuing for PoS normal just to farm the first boss. Didn't say "I'm leaving after the first boss', he just looted and quit. Let's say he did it enough that by the second time I ended up in a group with him half the party aggroed on him before we'd even made the first pull.

Another time there was a healadin in FoS heroic who, just after we made the second pull (and I mean just after), decided to hit us with 'Sry I gtg help a friend' and left the group mid pull. Nobody had said a flippin word in either of these scenarios, aside from 'Hi' or 'Hey'. Some players are simply social retards, asshats or both.