Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nerf Epic Flying!

Blizz,
    How about a epic flying cost reduction in cata. 5k is a lot when you have multiple toons. Also, how about allow tri spec purchases for those utility specs. They kind of get the shaft still having to respec a lot.

1) do you expect blizz to read this on mmochamps?
    2) roll a goblin and they are gonna be less extensive
    2 1/2) not only they aren't discounting but they are adding another mounting training for you
    3) have fun QQing

Yes for the flying nerf.

No for the tri spec, they might as well remove the respec cost if they are going to do that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't roll alts, and if you are leveling a goblin or worgen or a new character really in the end you will have enough gold, or close to enough gold to buy epic flight.

5k was alot in start of BC, but now u gain more than that in a week, so stop qqing. Most ppl with multiple toons know the game good enough to make money too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    youl get enough money by questing....

atleast this is a "nerf QQ" thread and not one of "lawl, warriorz should get petz and huntardz should get inztant flyin maountz" threads

5K is childsplay... I'll probably have 310% riding on all my alts when Cata hits, quit whining

If you can't get 5k, then you are bad. 5k today is like 50g 4 years ago. Its going to be even easier in cata.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Epic flying is for scrubs. Real men use snail flying.

Why nerf it? go face roll ulduar or get your violet proto drake. Problem solved.

Get a 310 now, have 310 training in cataclysm.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    sadly, i have 4 lvl 80's and yet my total amount of gold hovers around 6k. to busy doing nothing in Dalaran xD

Quote Originally Posted by SneakySneaky View Post
    Blizz,
    How about a epic flying cost reduction in cata. 5k is a lot when you have multiple toons. Also, how about allow tri spec purchases for those utility specs. They kind of get the shaft still having to respec a lot.
    5k is easy to get. If you have multiple toons then dont buy it for every toon. It isn't a requirement. I have 8 level 80s atm. only 3 have epic flying. The rest have normal flying.

As for tri-spec.. no. If you can't pick 2 specs that you like the most then tough luck. If they give us 3 specs then people will be whining about wanting 4, then 5, then 6.

Besides all the people say "5k is easy to get"-which it isn't that hard, but if you don't have the time to put into it like some people, it's not going to fall into your lap-I have heard Blizzard regrets pricing it so high, as it's something that's almost a necessity in the new zones that are so huge. Storm Peaks on the rent-a-flyer is excruciating I've heard. So there may be hope for you yet, maybe epic flying will be 1k, and the new 310% will be the 5k one.
    I mean it's not like they've never dropped prices before, I'm hearing Dual Spec is now only 100g on the beta, hopefully that'll affect live in the end and isn't just a convenience for testers.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep the price the same! Also I've always thought that the flying speed was too much to begin with, cut it down and make it much harder to get that 310%.

10+ Year Old Account
    shut up gold sinks are needed

hell if anything we need more sinks

this means i support required gold sinks

would be willing to pay a good sum for a permit to fly in azeroth in cata

i am totally the only one who thinks that is a good idea because i know any argument with gold farmers is bs
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-28 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Besides all the people say "5k is easy to get"-which it isn't that hard, but if you don't have the time to put into it like some people, it's not going to fall into your lap-I have heard Blizzard regrets pricing it so high, as it's something that's almost a necessity in the new zones that are so huge. Storm Peaks on the rent-a-flyer is excruciating I've heard. So there may be hope for you yet, maybe epic flying will be 1k, and the new 310% will be the 5k one.
    I mean it's not like they've never dropped prices before, I'm hearing Dual Spec is now only 100g on the beta, hopefully that'll affect live in the end and isn't just a convenience for testers.
    If you don't have the time to do a couple of dailies every day then there is no point in having epic flying. Stick with normal flying and it will get you to where you need to go.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    shut up gold sinks are needed

hell if anything we need more sinks

this means i support required gold sinks

would be willing to pay a good sum for a permit to fly in azeroth in cata
    Hello There! I will be your gold sink for the day. Please transfer your character to my server and give me all of your gold. Thx and have a good day!

10+ Year Old Account
    They already reduced the cost of epic flying by 20% in 3.1 or 3.2 (I forget which).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    If you don't have the time to do a couple of dailies every day then there is no point in having epic flying. Stick with normal flying and it will get you to where you need to go.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 12:38 AM ----------

Hello There! I will be your gold sink for the day. Please transfer your character to my server and give me all of your gold. Thx and have a good day!
    what do u offer in return
    are u going to be my new mount?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They already reduced the cost of epic flying by 20% in 3.1 or 3.2 (I forget which).
    In TBC it was 5k gold for epic flying. As of today it's still 5k for epic flying + 1k gold for Cold Weather Flying.