15+ Year Old Account

When do YOU consider an expansion beaten?

We all have different perspectives as to what it means to beat an expansion; some people think you have to kill the hardest boss on hard mode in 25 man. For others, it's to finish all the meta-quest achievements in the expansions' zones. I've seen people tell me they were satisfied when they had killed the last boss, no matter what the degree of difficulty (i.e. 10man normal).

But I'm interested in what YOU think might just be the moment to personally call an expansion beaten.

Thoughts! Go!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    We all have different perspectives as to what it means to beat an expansion; some people think you have to kill the hardest boss on hard mode in 25 man. For others, it's to finish all the meta-quest achievements in the expansions' zones. I've seen people tell me they were satisfied when they had killed the last boss, no matter what the degree of difficulty (i.e. 10man normal).

But I'm interested in what YOU think might just be the moment to personally call an expansion beaten.

Thoughts! Go!
    When the front-cover villain is 6 feet under. Everything else is just frosting.

Not that that's a bad thing. There are frostings out there that are pretty damn good.

When you've done all the raid content there is to do. Yes, that includes different modes.

For me, it isnt when ive cleared all the hardest bosses and have 1 bazzilion achievement points. Its when i get to that point where there is nothing more for me to do that im interessed in doing. Like now. We've cleared icc 10 and done most of the hardmodes and achievements. but LOADS to go. I do not feel the need to go in there and do them and get more loot. For me. im done with this expansion and awaits the next with arms wide open

I think much the same, killing the main boss of the x-pac, AKA like LK in this one, will consider Cata beat when we kill Deathwing.

That is when I consider an x-pac beat

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    when the next expansion is released.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

In BC it definately was defeating Illidan, I also played SWP but it wasn't what I was expecting fro mthe expantion, you know?
    as of wotlk, it surely as hell was killing arthas and getting the roflore "there muzt alwayz be a lich king".
    the 5 seconds of arthas being himself where totally worth it.
    tough in cataclysm I doubt I will ever get the "beaten" feeling, we can kick deathwing's ass,yes but what if we do? our planet was still half-destroyed, there were still millions (I presume) of deaths.
    this time wheter we kill the boss or not, we weren't fast enough and we will deal with the consequences for generations (but since after wow came out everything started getting magically solved I would suggest some 4 expantions away lawl)

When Arthas died, that ended the expansion, everything after that is just a mindless faceroll waiting for Cata

Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    when the next expansion is released.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Intiriel View Post
    LK: You can't kill me, this is madness!
    Tirion: Madness? THIS IS ICC! *kicks LK off the edge"

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, playing a retribution paladin, after having killed arthas, getting shadowmourne helped me think i had finished the lore important quests. (still 46 shards to go though) hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    When the front-cover villain is 6 feet under. Everything else is just frosting.
    Exactly! I could not have said it better. But I like frosting
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    when the story of the expansion is tied up, such as besting illidan (which was the true ending to TBC imo) im not really a hardcore player and i dont find the same sense of achievment for doing the same boss with ramped up numbers... that being said i did kill illidan pre-nerf which back then was a big thing for your guild...

what I really disliked : how BC got more patch content out of Outlands than in there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post

Thoughts! Go!
    when the next expansion is out
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2010-08-28 at 01:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    what I really disliked : how BC got more patch content out of Outlands than in there
    a troll raid in the outlands wouldn't have made much sense i believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with the next expansion thing, though moreso just beforehand when the "big changes" patch goes in and we're all like "Er.. How do I play again?"

Just about the time of the launch event where things are in fire, earthquakes are happening and Deathwing is facerolling Azeroth.

That's when WOTLK will end.