Thread: Kitty Macro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosebee View Post
    Yeah, Killarth, there is no error message because the macro reads my current stance and only uses the spell specific to that stance and ignores the other entirely. While they did remove many conditional macros (i.e. powershifting on XX energy or Mangle) they did not remove them from stances. Forms, stances, and stealth are all fair game for these conditional macros (for the most part I believe).
    I was actually talking about the macro

/cast Ravage
    /cast Rake

That would give an error message if out of stealth and according to people in this thread it would never go through with casting rake.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosebee View Post
    Both are useable in stealth. The macro has modifiers:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nostealth] Rake; [stealth] Ravage

which is essentially an If, then macro. Rake is useable in stealth, however, the macro is stating that it only be used if I am not stealthed.
    Seams like,

#showtooltip
    /cast [stealth] Ravage; Rake

Would do the same think

But then why learn to only do ravage when stealthed with the new talents coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by killarth View Post
    I was actually talking about the macro

/cast Ravage
    /cast Rake

That would give an error message if out of stealth and according to people in this thread it would never go through with casting rake.

Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I'm not in game to test it, however, I believe it would give an error message and never go through because the error would trigger a quasi-GCD and then make the second spell uncastable. But I could certainly be wrong on this portion.
    Christian Slater is the best actor of his generation. There, I said it.

Deleted
    No, you are correct on this. No spell that causes a global cooldown can be combined in such a way, the only way to do that is to either use a conditon like [stealth] before it, or a castsequence. And there's no condition like [behind] or [infront].

If you're really set on not changing your buttons around for different situations, Daisuke, just make an alt/shift/etc modifier macro for mangle and shred like the ravage and rake macro. It won't let you autopilot but it's not that bad to hold a modifier down when you see something turn and start beating on *you* for a couple seconds.

With the increase on mangle duration and the high chance you will have a bear/arms in your raid to debuff for you, "stacking" mangle and shred clears up space.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift] Mangle; Shred

Change shift with a different modifier if it feels more natural to hit, of course

Daizuke,

The reason there are no positional conditions for macros is so rotations can't be reduced to an automated script (botting is bad enough as it is, imagine if they carried the same functionality as a real player). You will not be able to create a macro to switch between moves based on relative position to the target. The best you can do is use modifiers, as many people have already suggested. If your problem is moving buttons around, you should technically be using both Claw (or Mangle at higher levels for feral) and Shred, so there should be no need to move your buttons around.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville