Thread: cata = wow2?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    It's an expansion , why? Because Blizzard said so.
    ye, you'll right, why haven't I thought about this before

also
    i do like to play wow like it was in vanilla and there are a lot of guilds who do pve level 60 and they are very sad they can t do world bosses
    can t wow make custom servers for vanilla, tbc, lich?
    i mean, when you buy wow classic, the first wow account, you buy the content of wow classic, the world bosses, etc, but now, you don't get them = you are scamed!
    but ofc, if you bow in front of DEVILlzard and you belive in it more than you belive in anything there is no point of continuing the discussion

Deleted
    Stop living in the past, grow up

I actually have it on good authority that Cataclysm is Cataclysm. I was surprised too when I found out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol fail thread is fail

The trolling part of me wants to say "LOL more complaining, but at least he used paragraphs".
    The part of me that kind of wants to actually answer says that you're just worried about change. Its a huge graphics overhaul, which is really needed. Also, it will be adding more interactive quests and mobs (Things other than kill X gather Y use Z, and mobs that actually use skills). I don't see how either of these are bad. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

Deleted
    who said is bad? i said they are repairing old mistakes
    but i happen to have memories about those mistakes
    it s good they change and add new things to boring zones
    but leave barrens how it was
    leave orgrimmar how it was
    and add new parts
    the SW harbor was great - they kept old sw and made a new wing
    but demolish sw is dumb!
    anyway this is pointless
    i suggest you ask yourself 1 question :
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-in-Devillzard

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    The graphics are still sh*t so I would never consider it as WoW 2.
    Then you should consider playing Aion where the situation is reversed: great graphics, shit game.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with you and devillzard? Sounds so lame. And vanilla server would never work because people would realize how much vanilla actually sucked and don't play it.

I think it comes down to a "time will tell" mentality. They are updating a LOT of graphics for the expansion and upping the system requirements across the board. They are also talking about character model updates a little later in the expansion like a 4.1 4.2 update upgrading what your character looks like forever changing the game again. By your definition of updated graphics its not revolutionary upgrades but there will be significant upgrades over the course of cata.

Deleted
    Cataclysm: Goblins/Worgen, new raids, few new zones, level cap to 85... thats pretty much it

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly is much more of an expansion than any previous has ever been. And this time around, much of the original content in forms of quests won't make as much sense as for people who've been playing from the beginning.

I never been a lore guy, never read a single quest purposely (still got quite a lot of the plot subconciously) and now that I'm back trying all the zones again in the beta i can say that i've never been this hyped over any game ever before. The new lvling experience, the new talent system, the new quests, the phasing system and all those things we know from the 2 previous expansions being powered into the original game really just makes it feel like a totally new game.

Aaaaaand by the way, saying that WoW 2 is when a graphic overhaul takes place, is just bullshit.... I know hundreds of games that never had their graphics upgraded in more ways than wow are upgrading theirs from expansion to expansion and still are being called 2's. Just take Call of Duty for instance

If you seem to hate change this much..its time for you to quit

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 01:32 PM ----------

Also, this was painful to read.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by K.Rool View Post
    Cataclysm: Goblins/Worgen, new raids, few new zones, level cap to 85... thats pretty much it
    plus revamped healing and threat systems, revamped stats, revamped UI, many old zones revamped, many talents and skills revamped, almost all vanilla quests revamped.

Now imagine they made WoW2. What else than the mentioned things would be included in it? I cant really think of any.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaqemeex View Post
    Its just another expansion..
    qft..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    If you seem to hate change this much..its time for you to quit

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 01:32 PM ----------

Also, this was painful to read.
    imagine never being able to play mario 1 anymore because there's a new version. you paid for it but it is just taken away or ripped apart.

and yes, OP does not write well and what the fuck is this pokemon he keeps talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    The graphics are still sh*t so I would never consider it as WoW 2.
    You know graphics dont make the game, sure its nice to have something really awesome graphics to look at but if the game itself is crap then it does not really help does it. Just look at all the games that come out with nice graphics but they dont take time to making the game fun to play and therefore it sells bad.

Wow graphics might be a bit outdated but it fits the whole game and story.

I for one is extremely excited about Cataclysm and cant wait. I want beta just so i can go in and admire it right now. Ohh well TotalBiscuits videos will keep my rather pleased until then.

Well so much has changed. I would say its more like a "reworked and renewed WoW" not WoW 2 really.