Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cataclym Old God - the return of C'thun

You guys see Cho'gall on the mainpage, and, if you read the comics, would know that he is all half harvey birdman due to an empowerment from the madness eminating from the husk of C'Thun. So does that seal the deal on our expansion Old God? Thoughts?

Woah, hes half Malfurion>
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Thoughts is no.

He's been trying to ress him for ages.

And he'll keep trying untill we come and kill him.

Deleted
    Hopefully we'll get a new one

I don't know what old god we are likely to see/get in cata. I have wondered more which bit of it we will have to kill this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide123 View Post
    I don't know what old god we are likely to see/get in cata. I have wondered more which bit of it we will have to kill this time.
    Whatever "part" is it, 20 bucks says it has tentacles :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    Whatever "part" is it, 20 bucks says it has tentacles :-p
    I actually wish the next doesn't

I think with the largely negative feedback on "Setback" encounters of late, we will be given a new Old God. (Although frankly all the bitching from people going "OMG IT'S THE NEW KAELTHAS" is just the retarded parroting of a phrase without looking at WHY we're seeing some bosses again)

We can assume it has tentacles because of the game files, and we can assume it's got a connection to water due to all the submarinal faceless ones. Giant octopus thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

Well if the game files point to a new old god (lulz oxymoron), we can assume 2 things

1. Every mob surrounding said god will be batshit crazy
    2. He will drop fat loot

On a different note, Cho'gall's appearance lets use dive into some of that sweet sexy Garona Halforcen lore, considering he was the one controllin her and what not. Maybe some epic vengeance wtfpwn?

It's almost certainly not going to be C'thun.

ohhhhhh Darkside!!!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ohhhhhh Darkside!!!
    Nice postcountraiser.

Also, I don't think they're going with C'thun, atleast not in Twilight Highlands and I think they rather choose a new Old God. If he were to resurrect C'thun, why wouldn't he be near his corpse instead of being in the Twilight Highlands?

As for myself, I hope they get rid from the Old Gods as they're boring pretty quick. Tentacles, insanity, blablabla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ohhhhhh Darkside!!!
    he just speculates

nothing he says is legit

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    Well if the game files point to a new old god (lulz oxymoron), we can assume 2 things

1. Every mob surrounding said god will be batshit crazy
    2. He will drop fat loot

On a different note, Cho'gall's appearance lets use dive into some of that sweet sexy Garona Halforcen lore, considering he was the one controllin her and what not. Maybe some epic vengeance wtfpwn?
    First, lol Halforcen. Worst name ever.

Second, I thought she was dead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    First, lol Halforcen. Worst name ever.

Second, I thought she was dead?
    No, Garona will help us kill Cho'Gall during the fight.

Deleted
    There is a giant old god (I think it has been confirmed as that) in the Arathi or "Twilight" Highlands. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNb0y...ext=1&index=43

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. They are introducing 2 or 3 other old gods in the expansion, why would they reuse a previous one? If we go back to AQ, maybe, but so far its looking like the most of C'thun we will see is in chogalls encounter, which might not even be that much.
    All in all, id say dont get your hopes up, but dont take my word for it, im biased. C'thun sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    im biased. C'thun sucks.
    Compared to Yogg-Saron, I agree. However..

I was in the old guild Death and Taxes during AQ40 (yes, 'that' Death and Taxes.) When we got to C'thun, we didn't have strats to go off of, we didn't know what it was or where it came from, or anything lore-ish like that.

We just turned the corner, and saw a massive fucking eyeball 1-shot the raid with an eyebeam. THAT was when C'thun was cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    Compared to Yogg-Saron, I agree. However..

I was in the old guild Death and Taxes during AQ40 (yes, 'that' Death and Taxes.) When we got to C'thun, we didn't have strats to go off of, we didn't know what it was or where it came from, or anything lore-ish like that.

We just turned the corner, and saw a massive fucking eyeball 1-shot the raid with an eyebeam. THAT was when C'thun was cool.
    Thats sorta why they have chogall. C'thun had virtualy no lore prior to when you see him in twin emps room, so they added cho'galls arc to give him more story. Id love to say we will never see him again, but we likely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    but dont take my word for it, im biased. C'thun sucks.
    I like him, he sounds so calm. He just needs a bit more development that players are aware of.

Also, in reference to the new ones being added in cata, I'm still not entirely clear on what exactly is an old god, a herald, and avatar, or just a faceless one at this point.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"