Gear help please

Hey all,

I've just hitten level 80 and was wondering if someone could direct me to a guide that will show me a gearlist to get for pre ICC as I plan on spending this weekend gearing it to get in. The list can also include any crafted gear as money is no issue however, the server I play on does not have ICC10/25 BoE items on the AH so I couldn't use them.

Thanks to anyone who can offer some advice, I'd also like the same for a healing Priest of either Holy/Disc, thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    After hitting level 80 I would do the following:

1. Save up 50k honor for the iLvl 264 PvP wrists and the iLvl 245 PvP neck.

2. Farm heroics to get gear and emblems of triumph. Get all the heroic gear and buy the best things for each slot with triumphs.

3. Once you have a good enough GS (Around 4.2k) you should be able to do the Weekly unless it's ICC (or TOC, maybe) to help towards getting gear.

4. If you know a tailor who can make you any of the ICC-level craftables then try to get that. If you have the money then ask around in Trade.

5. Do ToC every week to get some gear, hopefully bringing you up to 5k GS, then:

6. ICC

Consult one of those gearing guides if you need help deciding what gear to get. If not, then just use your own judgment. Most Heroic dungeon gear isn't that great, so you shouldn't really be looking for anything that drops.. I would just do heroics for the emblems. The only pieces of gear I would suggest trying to get, since you might use them for a while, are:

Prelate's Snowshoes (iLvl 232 boots) - Heroic Pit of Saron, drops from Scourgelord Tyrannus

Engraved Gargoyle Femur (iLvl 232 staff) - Heroic Pit of Saron, drops from Scourgelord Tyrannus

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2010-08-28 at 07:14 PM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    if you have money to spend: talk your way into a GDKP, profit.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy gear for any spec for chest wrists legs feet belt
    then the rest u fill up by farming heroics buying with triumphs.

Hey all,

I'll be getting these crafted and was wondering if you can advise on anything else as well as the feet slot please.

Bejeweled Wizard Bracers
    Merlin's Rob
    Leggings of Woven Death
    Hammer of Purified Flame (Battered Hilt)

Not sure about these: Sandels of Consecration

Anything else I should get crafted?

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 11:55 PM ----------

Ok I've decided to gear as a Holy Priest instead. Here is what I am aiming for now if someone wouldn't mind correctly/suggesting upgrades.

Hood of Clouded Sight (75 Emblems of Triumph)
    Arcane Loops of Anger (Drop from the Devourer of Souls in Heroic Forge of Souls)
    Mantle of Revered Mortality (45 Emblems of Triumph)
    Royal Moonshroud Robe
    Waist?
    Lightweave Leggins
    Sandals of Consecration
    Royal Moonshroud Bracers (Crafted Tailoring)
    Zabra’s Gloves of Conquest (Tier 9, 30 Emblems of Triumph)
    Oath of Empress Zoe (Drop from the Captain’s Chest in heroic Halls of Reflection)
    Band of the Invoker (35 Emblems of Triumph)
    Talisman of Resurgence (50 emblems of Triumph) / ToC normal one
    PvP cloak
    Hammer of the Purified Flame? (I have a Battered Hilt in the bank)
    Shriveled Heart (Drop from the Captain’s Chest in heroic Halls of Reflection)
    Brimstone Igniter (25 Emblems of triumph)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    if you have money to spend: talk your way into a GDKP, profit.
    This. I only spent neccessary amount of golds while leveling for only new ranks. 1-60 I had around 3k from quests and sold items, 60-70 I had more than 9k and finally when I dinged 80, I got luckily two BoE drops off in Storm Peaks, so I got around 25k from 1-80 (Quests rewards, sold items etc.) + 2 BoEs = around 35k.

GDKP is best choice if you got money.

Guilds on my server loves to decline applicants who include pvp pieces into their pcs set. With that in mind i would in fact avoid any pvp pieces, use them as last resort. If there are no ICC BoE available then buy all the boes u can find from earlier content. Make sure to run toc25 every week. And get that cloak from northrend beasts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, PvP pieces aren't that bad. For example, if you have really bad luck with trinkets, you cam just buy a big Spell Power/Attack Power trinket, on par with ToC25 level.

I can understand the idea/reasoning. However, I would explain this in the Guild Application with great detail, giving reasoning (as mentioned above).

Regarding pvp pieces, the wrathful cloak is arguably better than anything generally obtainable before ICC (aside from frost badge cloak). People will have a bias against them because they're not optimal for your spec, but the 'wasted' spec of resilience represents no greater loss to its contribution than having hit on an item.

They're ridiculously easy to obtain, and a great way to gear up a starting toon with 'placeholder' gear.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies but I have a question. As I am now gearing to heal (Disc Priest) I got Merlin's Robe, Bejeweled Wizard Bracers crafted and plan on Leggings of Woven Death, also which crafted boots should I get?

I am wondering also whether I should go for 2p T9 bonus or just get the T9 gloves and offset shoulder/helm. Thanks.