10+ Year Old Account

Lor'themar's letter to Thrall

Anyone in beta know if they changed this? It's the quest that inducts Blood Elves into the Horde. The player kills Dar'khan Drathir, takes his head, takes it to Lor'themar who figures it could be used as a bargaining chip, and enter the Horde as an equal. He writes Thrall a letter, in which he notes how their Grand Magister recently received word about what is -hinted- to be Mag'har (untainted) Orcs in Outland.

I'm assuming they changed it, but does anyone in beta know what they changed it to? Or more interestingly, how Garrosh deals with bringing in Blood Elves?

Deleted
    Doubt they've changed it (as of now) since there's still a quest in Hellfire Peninsula to speak to "Warchief Thrall".

Garrosh' throne room has a bunch of Blood Elves and Forsaken in it right off the bat though, so don't think he has anything against them.
    Last edited by mmocd8e168cd75; 2010-08-28 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame. Hopefully it gets a tweak or two :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Shame. Hopefully it gets a tweak or two :/
    If they'd change it, it would probably be something like the Blood Elf hero (you) has done a formidable job in killing Dar'khan Drathir and that Lor'themar asks for the Warchief's recognition instead of the Allegiance to the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more interested in what will happen with the wrathgate quest line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yöjimbo View Post
    Blizzard posted stating that the quest line as of Cata will end after the Wrathgate cinematic. You won't get the quest from Alexstrasza to take Bolvar's Shield/Draenosh's Armor to Varian/Saurfang and the followups leading to the Battle for the Undercity.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Yöjimbo View Post
    nothing, it doesn'T affect either garrosh nor thrall and they are not revamping northrend as-of-yet so there shouldn't be a reason to change it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    If they'd change it, it would probably be something like the Blood Elf hero (you) has done a formidable job in killing Dar'khan Drathir and that Lor'themar asks for the Warchief's recognition instead of the Allegiance to the Horde.
    Yeah, makes sense. Would be a little pointless to inform Garrosh that the clan he'd been leading for years in Outland were, in fact, in Outland. *player puts their thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    nothing, it doesn'T affect either garrosh nor thrall and they are not revamping northrend as-of-yet so there shouldn't be a reason to change it
    Actually, they've confirmed that the Wrathgate questline will end after the cinematic plays in Cataclysm. You don't get the follow up from Alexstrasza afterwards.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It's not bugged. The quest ends at the cinematic now.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26399150318/wrathgate/

the letter is now changed in this

Hiya Garroshy boy i have some head here that belongs to some undead dude but o wait a butterfly ....... o where was i o yes this head i got it starts to smell pretty bad so i thought you could make some use for it as a goblin car refreshner cya

Lorthemar Theron (Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Actually, they've confirmed that the Wrathgate questline will end after the cinematic plays in Cataclysm. You don't get the follow up from Alexstrasza afterwards.
    oh yah, they cut stuff but they don't add new content lol
    anyway,nice to know :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Such a pitty really, as this was the best part of leveling 70-80 for me.

I'm fairly certain that the reason for this whole change is that the Tirisfal Glades / Undercity in the battle is a phased version of the normal Tirisfal Glades and Undercity. And since they are changing all of Undercity / Tirisfal in Cata it would screw up stuff if they allowed it to remain. It's probably a lot of work to change all of those events.

TL;DR Blizzard is filled with lazy people. (Joking)