Thread: Shadow DPS

Shadow DPS

Quick question...

I know haste is more valuable to a shadow priest than crit, but how much crit should I have before I start stacking haste?

I sort of already am stacking haste, I'm at 1,021 haste, but only 15.68% crit unbuffed. I reach like 20% or 22% crit in raids. Is that to low?

Should I back off on some of the haste and get some more crit or something?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aker&cn=Yuzuke

Thanks!!!

You want crit to replace the items with spirit. Spirit for dps is very low on stat priorities. Gem spellpower, get gear with spell power/crit/haste. You legs, cloak, ring, neck, and boots have either resilience or spirit on them, which is why your crit is so low. For the most part though, you'll get crit and haste from gear minus a few sp/haste gems.

Quote Originally Posted by livingcorpse View Post
    You want crit to replace the items with spirit. Spirit for dps is very low on stat priorities. Gem spellpower, get gear with spell power/crit/haste. You legs, cloak, ring, neck, and boots have either resilience or spirit on them, which is why your crit is so low. For the most part though, you'll get crit and haste from gear minus a few sp/haste gems.
    The only problem with that, a lot of the gear that I have been seeing drop in the raids that I get into, either have crit OR haste on it. Not crit AND haste.

So should I drop some haste and pick up some crit?

It's very rare that I see haste AND crit items drop.

Hmm ok, perhaps here's something to get you started.

For every piece you have, calculate how much it is worth in terms of PP

To do this here are some guidelines:
    1 hit rating = 1.88 PP (if you are over the hit cap, then 1 hit rating is worth 0 PP)
    1 sp = 1 PP
    1 haste = 0.98 PP
    1 Crit = 0.76 PP
    1 Spirit = 0.59 PP
    1 Intellect = 0.22 PP
    1 Resilience = 0 PP (obviously)

Source from http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134

Now calculate the PP value for every single piece of your gear (except for trinkets) and determine which pieces have the lowest PP value, those are the pieces that you will need to replace first. For example your Strip of Remorse is worth 245.52 PP whereas your Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Subjugation is only worth 174.92 PP.

It doesn't matter if you drop haste (for crit) or not, you should aim to get a higher PP value on your gear. If a piece of gear gives no haste but it gives a huge crit boost that will give a higher PP weighting than your current piece then by all means change to the crit piece.

Also save up your Frost badges and get Tier 10 Shadow pieces.
    Last edited by zsun; 2010-08-29 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Hmm ok, perhaps here's something to get you started.

For every piece you have, calculate how much it is worth in terms of PP

To do this here are some guidelines:
    1 hit rating = 1.88 PP (if you are over the hit cap, then 1 hit rating is worth 0 PP)
    1 sp = 1 PP
    1 haste = 0.98 PP
    1 Crit = 0.76 PP
    1 Spirit = 0.59 PP
    1 Intellect = 0.22 PP
    1 Resilience = 0 PP (obviously)

Source from http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=24134

Now calculate the PP value for every single piece of your gear (except for trinkets) and determine which pieces have the lowest PP value, those are the pieces that you will need to replace first. For example your Strip of Remorse is worth 245.52 PP whereas your Wrathful Gladiator's Pendant of Subjugation is only worth 174.92 PP.

It doesn't matter if you drop haste (for crit) or not, you should aim to get a higher PP value on your gear. If a piece of gear gives no haste but it gives a huge crit boost that will give a higher PP weighting than your current piece then by all means change to the crit piece.

Also save up your Frost badges and get Tier 10 Shadow pieces.
    Awesome! Thank you very much! I'll have to check into all that. Thank you again.