Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Sargeras = Leader of The Burning Legion & Ex-Champion of the Titans
    Titans = The Creators of the Universe
    Old Gods = Defeated by the Titans

    Pretty easy to answer this thread.
    1: Yep, albeit the lesser ones in the Legion.
    2: Nope, they were just created with the universe, they are the caretakers of it, not the creators of everything. They remade worlds, but they did not make them in the first place.
    3: No, imprisoned. And this was with all the titans and their minions working together in a massive war did they manage to finally bind them, and with great losses for the Titans. The Titans nearly lost too, but what turned the tide was they shattered the bonds between the mortal realm and the elemental plain, imprisoning the Elementals. And Sargeras is 1 titan, and a lesser one at that. The shattering of Gorshalach made Sargeras lose most of his power, now his main power is in the Legion which would still be crushed by the Old Gods alone, much less with their servants.

  2. #282
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

  3. #283
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Sargeras < Titans

    Titans = Old Gods

    Sargeras < Old Gods
    Sargeras is stronger than the other Titans, he was their greatest warrior.
    As for Sargeras and the old gods is unknow, but Sargeras is the big bad guy so it would be strange if he would be weaker

  4. #284
    Old Gods. Nuff said.

  5. #285
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,355
    I've always preferred Sargeras. I think he's a more interesting character since he has it all and a badass appearance.

  6. #286
    So much misinformation in this thread. Going as far as saying that Old Gods showed SArgeras how to create Demon soul and Old God was the one who who told Xavius to create the portal to summon Sargeras. lol this is hilarious.

  7. #287
    Both evils have their place.
    It depends on my mood, and general scheme and feeling of the expansion, but I could thoroughly enjoy both types.

    Sig by Pangcakes

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarPP View Post
    Sargeras is stronger than the other Titans, he was their greatest warrior.
    As for Sargeras and the old gods is unknow, but Sargeras is the big bad guy so it would be strange if he would be weaker

    No, he was their greatest 'warrior'. People overestimate that 'title'. It doesn't mean that he was the strongest at all. I'm pretty sure the entire Pantheon would have no problem taking Sargeras down.



    To answer the question: all Old Azerothian Gods unleashed > Sargeras by a mile. Dude doesn't even have to give it a try.



    And I find the Old Gods ten times more interesting than Sargeras. Not because they have such a cool personality, but because of what they do, and their scheming as well as their connection to Lovecraft. Oh, and the fact that they are the antithesis of the Titans. In terms of personality, both the Old Gods and Sargeras seem about as bland. Kil'Jaeden and the rest of the Burning Legion is another story.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2013-11-03 at 01:38 PM. Reason: underestimate = overestimate
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  9. #289
    Elemental Lord Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    8,569
    Are we sure the Old Gods aren't part of the reason for Sargeras creating the Legion ??

    Sargeras' madness had consumed the last vestiges of his valiant spirit, he believed that the titans themselves were responsible for creation's failure

    We sure the Old Gods didn't mess with his head as they love to do it to others.

  10. #290
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No, he was their greatest 'warrior'. People underestimate that 'title'. It doesn't mean that he was the strongest at all. I'm pretty sure the entire Pantheon would have no problem taking Sargeras down.
    If you read saga then you would think pretty diference. Sargeras can't take the pantheon alone but sure he can take one.

    As for Sargeras and the old gods, it is a pretty strange thing because the Aspects can take the old Gods because they have gift of the titans but Sargeras is a Titan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    To answer the question: all Old Azerothian Gods unleashed > Sargeras by a mile. Dude doesn't even have to give it a try.
    If that happens it will be a complete hell, so I doubt if that even will happen but it can happen
    . For me one old god is hard enough

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Are we sure the Old Gods aren't part of the reason for Sargeras creating the Legion ??

    Sargeras' madness had consumed the last vestiges of his valiant spirit, he believed that the titans themselves were responsible for creation's failure

    We sure the Old Gods didn't mess with his head as they love to do it to others.
    By speculation it could be anything. The Old Gods could be Sargeras's pet by speculation. We'd better stick to what we have.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarPP View Post
    If you read saga then you would think pretty diference. Sargeras can't take the pantheon alone but sure he can take one.

    As for Sargeras and the old gods, it is a pretty strange thing because the Aspects can take the old Gods because they have gift of the titans but Sargeras is a Titan.


    If that happens it will be a complete hell, so I doubt if that even will happen but it can happen
    . For me one old god is hard enough


    I'm pretty sure Aman'thul would wreck Sargeras's shit 1v1. But that's just me. He's the leader of the Pantheon, the strongest council of the strongest space-faring species in the WoW universe for now. Do realize that, while the evil power somehow empowered Sargeras, his blade was also split, weakening him. Not sure if it evens out, but it's something of note.



    And yeah, the Cataclysm and the Sundering put together is nothing compared to what the Old Gods would do to Azeroth if they were all unleashed and at full power again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    By speculation it could be anything. The Old Gods could be Sargeras's pet by speculation. We'd better stick to what we have.

    Don't agree with Wildmoon. The two are not comparable. I think it could be very likely that it's the Old Gods, but I don't think Blizzard will go with that. It just serves as fuel for more "OH MY GOD. THE OLD GODS DID IT! AS ALWAYS". Plus, the current story with the Nathrezim fits well enough and doesn't need to interchanged with the Old Gods to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm pretty sure Aman'thul would wreck Sargeras's shit 1v1. But that's just me. He's the leader of the Pantheon, the strongest council of the strongest space-faring species in the WoW universe for now. Do realize that, while the evil power somehow empowered Sargeras, his blade was also split, weakening him. Not sure if it evens out, but it's something of note.



    And yeah, the Cataclysm and the Sundering put together is nothing compared to what the Old Gods would do to Azeroth if they were all unleashed and at full power again.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Don't agree with Wildmoon. The two are not comparable. I think it could be very likely that it's the Old Gods, but I don't think Blizzard will go with that. It just serves as fuel for more "OH MY GOD. THE OLD GODS DID IT! AS ALWAYS". Plus, the current story with the Nathrezim fits well enough and doesn't need to interchanged with the Old Gods to work.
    The rest of Pantheon likely excel at creation more than combat prowess. Not saying that they are not extremely powerful but combat prowess was Sargeras's specialty so he was chosen as their defender.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Don't agree with Wildmoon. The two are not comparable. I think it could be very likely that it's the Old Gods, but I don't think Blizzard will go with that. It just serves as fuel for more "OH MY GOD. THE OLD GODS DID IT! AS ALWAYS". Plus, the current story with the Nathrezim fits well enough and doesn't need to interchanged with the Old Gods to work.

    Why it's not comparable? Both are pure speculation with nothing to prove them.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The rest of Pantheon likely excel at creation more than combat prowess. Not saying that they are not extremely powerful but combat prowess was Sargeras's specialty so he was chosen as their defender.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Why it's not comparable? Both are pure speculation with nothing to prove them.

    Because there is a basis for one. Old Gods have shown that they are capable of turning some of the greatest, strongest minded and powerful creatures into mindless husks at will. But I'm hoping they won't go the way of Sargeras being controlled by Old Gods. Manipulated indirectly? Yes. They actually tried to do so before. Mind-controlled? No.



    And that's what I meant. Sargeras might have been the strongest 'WARRIOR' as in, fighting with a blade and weapon, but Aman'thul might have been the strongest in other terms. I think that his magical power could trump Sargeras's combat prowess. Him being the 'strongest warrior' doesn't automatically have to mean that he was 'the strongest Titan'.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  15. #295
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm pretty sure Aman'thul would wreck Sargeras's shit 1v1. But that's just me. He's the leader of the Pantheon, the strongest council of the strongest space-faring species in the WoW universe for now. Do realize that, while the evil power somehow empowered Sargeras, his blade was also split, weakening him. Not sure if it evens out, but it's something of note.
    Amen'thul is not the strongest, he is the wisest. Sargeras blade is maybe split in two but the Gorribal is still one of the strongest bladest in the universe, the other blade is in the hands of Agrammar who doesn't even have the courage to face Sargeras

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because there is a basis for one. Old Gods have shown that they are capable of turning some of the greatest, strongest minded and powerful creatures into mindless husks at will. But I'm hoping they won't go the way of Sargeras being controlled by Old Gods. Manipulated indirectly? Yes. They actually tried to do so before. Mind-controlled? No.



    And that's what I meant. Sargeras might have been the strongest 'WARRIOR' as in, fighting with a blade and weapon, but Aman'thul might have been the strongest in other terms. I think that his magical power could trump Sargeras's combat prowess. Him being the 'strongest warrior' doesn't automatically have to mean that he was 'the strongest Titan'.
    Sargeras being strongest warrior doesn't really mean your everyday warrior with sword and shield. The correct term is that he excels at destroying things. Sargeras is extremely powerful if not the most powerful magic user in the universe. He taught KJ who was really talented at arcane in the first place.

    I also like the current official lore that Sargeras just philosophically questioned the pantheon's vision. That makes more sense. No need for more retcon.

  17. #297
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because there is a basis for one. Old Gods have shown that they are capable of turning some of the greatest, strongest minded and powerful creatures into mindless husks at will. But I'm hoping they won't go the way of Sargeras being controlled by Old Gods. Manipulated indirectly? Yes. They actually tried to do so before. Mind-controlled? No.
    That is not complete true. Malfurion and many others heard the whisperers and could easily resist it. Even we could hear his whisperers and not fall in maddness, Remember Ulduar. Deathwing never wanted too be the earthwarder, and the old gods showed when the world shall end he doesn't have too be the earthwarder. If you read Twilight of the Aspects, he said it.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Sargeras being strongest warrior doesn't really mean your everyday warrior with sword and shield. The correct term is that he excels at destroying things. Sargeras is extremely powerful if not the most powerful magic user in the universe. He taught KJ who was really talented at arcane in the first place.

    I also like the current official lore that Sargeras just philosophically questioned the pantheon's vision. That makes more sense. No need for more retcon.

    I pretty much agree with 'no retcon', right?


    And nah, I still don't agree that that has to mean that he is 'the strongest'. You can disagree, but so can I, in the end. So agree to disagree.


    Quote Originally Posted by OscarPP View Post
    Amen'thul is not the strongest, he is the wisest. Sargeras blade is maybe split in two but the Gorribal is still one of the strongest bladest in the universe, the other blade is in the hands of Agrammar who doesn't even have the courage to face Sargeras

    We'll just have to see, I guess? I still think the Pantheon will end up being a larger threat than Sargeras and the Burning Legion. I would love to see Aggrammar and Sargeras fight though. That would be a cool battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  19. #299
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because there is a basis for one. Old Gods have shown that they are capable of turning some of the greatest, strongest minded and powerful creatures into mindless husks at will. But I'm hoping they won't go the way of Sargeras being controlled by Old Gods. Manipulated indirectly? Yes. They actually tried to do so before. Mind-controlled? No.
    That is not complete true. Malfurion and many others heard the whisperers and could easily resist it. Even we could hear his whisperers and not fall in maddness, Remember Ulduar. Deathwing never wanted too be the earthwarder, and the old gods showed when the world shall end he doesn't have too be the earthwarder.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    We'll just have to see, I guess? I still think the Pantheon will end up being a larger threat than Sargeras and the Burning Legion. I would love to see Aggrammar and Sargeras fight though. That would be a cool battle.
    Completely Agree , but that makes sargeras still the big bad

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarPP View Post
    That is not complete true. Malfurion and many others heard the whisperers and could easily resist it. Even we could hear his whisperers and not fall in maddness, Remember Ulduar. Deathwing never wanted too be the earthwarder, and the old gods showed when the world shall end he doesn't have too be the earthwarder.

    We never knew if they wanted Malfurion to be their puppet. It doesn't seem too likely that they would just mind control anyone they could. Maybe some people are needed in the future. We could hear Yogg and C'Thun's whispers because we are heroes. If we went crazy at the slightest whisper, we wouldn't be able to do much raiding. That's just our version of 'plot armor'. Your point about Deathwing stands, but it also helps me prove it. They tempted him into joining them, which is also a part of their mind-play. If anything, it's a testimony of their mindgames.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •