15+ Year Old Account

Bye bye Azshara i never liked you...

now who i as excited about Azshara getting total revamp...
    i seriously had nightmerish time to do my mage Qs there and for some reason i never found bloodelves that were supposed to be there even with wowwiki and wowhead helping...
    and if you happened to fall from cliff... have nice 30 mins to find way back up with hs on cd and out of tele/portal mats
    But my honest joy is ...

SO LONG SUCKER YOU SHALL NOT TORMENT ME ANY MORE WITH HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DESIGN MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

*in this point writer went on crazy spree running naked on streets*

and this might be oldish but still... MAUAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAA
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

lol when I looked at the name of the thread I somehow thought of the person.... :/

Anyways, yup always hated azshara, and can say that the new Azshara is really awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon View Post
    and if you happened to fall from cliff... have nice 30 mins to find way back up
    l2mario.

Deleted
    I was doing loremaster there.

I still have nightmares.

finding my way back to the hills from the shore was a pain in the ass while riding a %60 speed mount. i really hate that place

Azshara is my favorite zone, because of its unique design.
    I spent countless hours there exploring the ruins, finding places that you wouldnt find through quests etc

I hated azshara and i loved it.

I hated the cliffs and how long one had to run if one step went into the wrong direction. Azshara is one of the zones where one is sent to from Ironforge or Winterspring for a single stupid quest, no real quest lines, no real quest progression in the whole zone.

I loved the unique look of the zone. Really the colors are awesome. Ashenvale is f*'ing gay but azshara looks just great. Too bad it will become a zone filled with goblin junk & trash. Guess once they join the horde i have a valid reason to eliminate their junkyard-culture. ^.^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    So glad Goblins plant a shrapnel grenade up the backside of azshara...most of all hated the hunter quest to go there at 50.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

What about that lame crew that was at the bottom of one the cliffs? (You had to slay a wave of nagas and then evidently the quest line was broken because there was no rewards or anything.) Does any one know if they were removed, eaten by nagas, made into slaves by the goblins?

It was nice to just go there for no reason and feel the tranquility. But that's all, it's nothing I feel bad for losing. As a second starting area Bilgewaterfied Azshara kicks ass and brings Horde/Alliance 2nd starting zones to an equal number(also taking into account that Barrens is now of proper size).

That one badlands quest was pretty good. Though it did take twenty minutes to swim to the sea giants(?) place.

Ya Azshara is a good love/hate zone, I hate with all my heart how bad it is to get around, and all the water... dunno why but i HATE having to go through water...

What i love is how the zone itself looks, between the ruins, world boss, lore, and charecter personalitys its just great. As well as being a large portion of the Demon quest chain in Blastd lands, meeting the first ingame Demon Hunter (best future hero class ever... ya itll happen) seeing the kingdom of seaweed giants, and the wonderous joy of shifting through crystal shit...

While i do like the changes they are puting in, i play horde, all they really needed to do was keep the place the same, with the ability to fly the zone would become a hundred times better.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

i loved their description.

Q. What was the most challenging aspect about implementing all of these changes?

A. Not using our new terrain phasing technology to blow up everything. Self-restraint doesn't come easy.

indeed. it must've been very tempting to annihilate the entire zone. I certainly would've been OK with it.

best part of the upgrades is certainly the roadway that allows more convenient scaling of those horrid mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    oh dear
    azshara was a great zone for big RvR in vanilla
    man, that was pure slaughtering

They could even bomb the whole place into oblivion for all I care. Goddamn fucking cliffs.

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    I created a video on the beta of the zone, it shows some of the changes including the new horde fortification, gallywix's pleasure palace, the rocket highway (transport system) and some other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZthFSTy4fc

Must admit for a 10-20 zone its awesome, if someone joins world of warcraft and has never played it before they are going to have a blast in Azshara.

I failed terribly on the trials btw

didn't there used to be a pirate q down the cove? Went down there...took me absolutely AGES to get back up...like 45 minutes.