Fastest way to level to 80?

73 ele/resto shaman. Getting used to WotLK healing a bit, and dpsing has been the same since 50 when I respecced, when I went ele/resto.

Anyways, was just wondering whats the best way to get to 80 from here? Ive been doing a bunch of quests with a few dungeons when I need the quests.

At 78, should I start running dungeons till 80 for gear?
    I really want to go into 80 knowing what spec I want to use MS and have gear for it.

On my pally, with instant queues, I went from BT --> HF --> tanked for 3 levels --> ZD till 77 --> Icecrown/tanking. Should I do the same thing? So far Im thinking of/did --> BT (done) --> doing DB --> SB --> Icecrown with some dungeons going on
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

As a shaman, the quickest way to level would be doing randoms as a healer. Questing while waiting if they arent instant.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Does hit start to play a part pre 80? or is ele and resto gear prettttty much the same thing until 80?

Not really big on healing. I tried grid + clique but there isnt too many options since I dont have a mouse with me.

Questing is SUPER EFFECTIVE (5 points if you get the reference). But I can generally 3 shot mobs if crits align. LB will be sexy in 2 levels.
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

15+ Year Old Account
    It's AB weekend, do nothing but that till it's over. For wins it's ridiculous XP. Losses aren't bad XP, about the same you'd get for questing that same amount of time.

When it's not a BG weekend, I'll level up multiple toons at the same time so there are always some gaining rested XP, then run them in randoms. That levels decently quick, especially with heirloom shoulders/chest.

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Questing is SUPER EFFECTIVE (5 points if you get the reference).
    Pokemon!
    Pikachu used questing
    questing was super effective lol
    80-Draenei Hunter-Padiraan: Brewmaster,Bloodsail Admiral,The Patient, soon-to-be The Diplomat
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    No, however, Boub is an asshole

AB weekend? Stormstrike wins like 25-30% of the time is my guess. I know I got my shaman from 37-50 in one WSG weekend. Yes, I played alot. yes, it was the best time leveling any character.

Im in the process of leveling a warrior too, thats 74. My old BC main. Maybe I can do like..level warrior 2 levels level shammy 2 levels? Who knows. I just want to get my shaman to 75 asap.
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

from 68-80

68-70/71 Borean. Do everything in this area except for the Nexus area, thats boring as hell.(sometimes ill finish up some quests in Shadowmoon just because i enjoy the area and later quests are fast and easy)
    71-72 Howling Fjord. Steer clear of the beginning area and head straight for the Camp with the Zeppelin and finish off the area at the Kalu'ak and Pirates.
    72-73/74 Dragonblight. Wanted Quests. Magnataur Quests. Wrathgate.
    74-76. Grizzly Hills. Skippable area but i like it. Amberpine Lodge > Lumbermill > Worg questline. Finish off the area with either Ursoc or Hour of the Worg(group or get an 80 to help)
    76-78. Zul Drak. Very nice area, takes you close to no time to complete it, it will be a bit tedious and boring but its fast compared to other areas. Amphitheater will give you a minimum of 1/3 of your level, probably more.
    78-80. Icecrown. HUGE area, just pick a questhub and drain it, move on. Fun quests, fun storylines, fast. Much better than Storm Peaks.

On my hunter i pretty much pvpd to 80.

never ran instances while leveling. Youll be running them for badges so much so just save it for then. a BT or Sunwell raid however will give you some sweet leveling gear. Even some Hyjal stuff lasted me until like 76-78.

I think it's whatever thet floats your boat. I've tried them all and I can say that only leveling in dungeon as a healer will damage your brain and make you loose hope to humanity, you'll run into so many tards and elitists that you want to cry.
    On the other hand if your in a stable BG group, I should recomend AV, if you're stacking up wins this should be the fastest way, if your loosing you have some time to spend there.
    Leveling by quest is the midway, it's neither bad or good you'll get some great exp quest along with some boring as hell.

But my personal opinion which I've used the moste when leveling is dungeon combined with questing, then you can skipp the bad and boring one and focus on the easy quests and that gives a solid amount of XP, in an above post he listed leveling zones. I have one thing, don't miss Scholazar, I loved the place because there many easy and rewarding qs. Grizzly Hills are by far the worst, according to me.
    Happy troll since 2005

DPSing on my paladin has lost me all faith in tanks. :]
    When I go dps, the tanks will not tank like me. Which is a "omg Cali has a big ego!", well..Ive had some bad times as a dps in HPoS :S

I never liked Sholazar but Im trying to hit up what I missed when I leveled my pally. :] So Ill be hitting up sholazar lol
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    DPSing on my paladin has lost me all faith in tanks. :]
    When I go dps, the tanks will not tank like me. Which is a "omg Cali has a big ego!", well..Ive had some bad times as a dps in HPoS :S

I never liked Sholazar but Im trying to hit up what I missed when I leveled my pally. :] So Ill be hitting up sholazar lol
    DPSing as a former tank is a headache. You constantly see the flaws the tank is doing, like going at a snails pace. But also minor things like deathgripping a melee and leaving the caster standing in the corner freecasting on your healer, not knowing that Heroic Throw silences, not Intervening or taunting etc etc.

It really is. Im sure MS tanks know stuff that Im doing wrong unconsciously when I tank.
    Its just easier to criticize when you arent doing your job :P

What you discribed was pretty much most pulls in FoS which are bad for pallies :/
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'