Thread: gaming computer

Deleted

gaming computer

hey guys ive made my own computer and its ready to buy but first i would like to know if any of use know it will run world of warcraft fine .

(prossecor) AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3

Coolermaster Hyper TX3

(motherboard)Asus M4A77T

(memory) 4GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 2GB)

160GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s

(graphics) ATI Radeon HD 4550 512MB

19' Widescreen LCD

these are the main parts other than wireless card ect, i just need to know if this will run wow in 25 man raids and all around.
    Last edited by mmoca5f8377f6d; 2010-08-28 at 10:02 PM.

Lot better than the off-the-shelf computers you linked before. It should be enough for some 15-20 fps in 25-man raids depending on screen resolution if you drop off few heaviest video effects.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    hehe cheers mate this one i designed and can get for £429.99 but im thinking of uping the graphic card to ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB for an extra £90 which i think is good? what fps will i gather now with that?

Deleted
    You'd get more FPS by upgrading your CPU for about 90pounds, if you want an AMD get a X4 955 3.2GHz and overclock it to 3.4 so it's equal to a 965 BE

Quote Originally Posted by Snotcore View Post
    You'd get more FPS by upgrading your CPU for about 90pounds, if you want an AMD get a X4 955 3.2GHz and overclock it to 3.4 so it's equal to a 965 BE
    Why would you over clock it from 3.2 to only 3.4?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    hehe cheers mate this one i designed and can get for £429.99 but im thinking of uping the graphic card to ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB for an extra £90 which i think is good? what fps will i gather now with that?
    Big part you're forgetting here is the cost of Windows7 which comes with all the laptops and desktops you linked. Cheapest legal version in UK is £30 for students, OEM version is closer to £70 and straight off the shelf from supermarket £150.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Big part you're forgetting here is the cost of Windows7 which comes with all the laptops and desktops you linked. Cheapest legal version in UK is £30 for students, OEM version is closer to £70 and straight off the shelf from supermarket £150.
    Damn they sell windows 7 in the supermarkets by you?
    j/k I guess you live over seas? In US a supermarket is a grocery store that sells food. :P

You can get one of the newly released phenom 2 x3 740 BEs. They cost less than the x2 555 (oem only though you will need to get a cooler for the X3)

The third core helps quit a bit for wow - a 4th core is not as much of a boost.

I would get the 5770 as well. With that you should be fine for raiding through cata.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

I would recommend upgrading the CPU and video card.

Everything else looks pretty decent though.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]