Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Portal Change Suggestion

Since Blizzard is combining frost/fire ward into one spell and removing amp/damp magic, in the spirit of trimming down the fat, why not just change portal to just be one spell that conjures portals for every place the mage is able to teleport to, arranging them in a circular pattern, kind of like a clock/compass with portals at different positions. I know it's not a pressing issue, but it would free up my bars a bit if I did not have portals to each individual city. I know I can make left/right click macros for tele/port but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this change to portal.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    they added a new UI element already for this about last week

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.. how about a built in Portal bar like what they're doing?

tbh it doesnt sound like much but what they have done i imagine is relatively easy to develop to what you suggest, would take a bit of time for something which isn't needed. would be nice tho

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, looks a bit weird though, at least the movement animation. It needs to be slowed down a little so it doesn't look like someone with parkinsons.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Oak-Blue-Posts
    Mages - Teleport/Portal Interface
    Mages are getting an interface upgrade similar to Shaman's totems for their portals, you can now add a generic "Portal" and "Teleport" spell to your bar and pick a portal after clicking it.

Oh damn, I need to read up more, I'm in beta and didn't even notice that.

or 1 spell that makes 1 portal that lets ppl choose where to go ala engineering portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bantu View Post
    or 1 spell that makes 1 portal that lets ppl choose where to go ala engineering portal
    This would be the best idea.

Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands... how did you guess?

I'd really like it if they made it so Runes of Portals would work as the reagent for Teleport spells as well. Alternately, a Glyph of Portal to remove the reagent requirement completely would be spiffy. As it is, I never cast Teleport anymore, just make portals. The amount of crap I want to carry with me at all times seems to expand at about the same rate as bag space. Probably I should just learn to stop being such a packrat.

dude, you are like 2 weeks to late, they already did it lol

that could be a good idea, but aren't you being too lazy?
    the new UI is already good enough to make any portal you need in a few seconds (and usually it's Dalaran), just 2 clicks and you are done.

anyway a spell like that has at least 2 problems:
    - what would happen if the mage cast it in a small place? the portals spawn behind the walls or all in the small place?
    - if the circle is too big it could be messy (just think of a troll mage spawning it where you need to fight), if it's too small people would have problems to click the right one

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the OP's idea better than that portal bar.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

There are already several addons doing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea behind making 1 portal which then gives you a query about where you would like to go, like the engineering portal, as mentioned before.

Would make it trickier to disappear out of Orgrimmar after completing <x> achievement though.

Apologies for this out of date signature!

15+ Year Old Account
    They have one that does that, too. It's called "Portal: Dalaran"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    They have one that does that, too. It's called "Portal: Dalaran"
    Won't let me go to Theramore
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Won't let me go to Theramore
    Only noobs go to Theramore via portal... I use the front door and leave with Jaina's head as my new Off hand

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeldeth View Post
    Only noobs go to Theramore via portal... I use the front door and leave with Jaina's head as my new Off hand
    Jaina is ugly. You have bad taste.

Also, we need a reason for mages to still be invited to Onyxia pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilesy View Post
    I like the idea behind making 1 portal which then gives you a query about where you would like to go, like the engineering portal, as mentioned before.

Would make it trickier to disappear out of Orgrimmar after completing <x> achievement though.
    lol i fucking love your sig. Reminds me of some Counter Strike clan website i made out of paint and Notebook HTML, just so we'd be accepted to a league. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirge View Post
    I'd really like it if they made it so Runes of Portals would work as the reagent for Teleport spells as well. Alternately, a Glyph of Portal to remove the reagent requirement completely would be spiffy. As it is, I never cast Teleport anymore, just make portals. The amount of crap I want to carry with me at all times seems to expand at about the same rate as bag space. Probably I should just learn to stop being such a packrat.
    That doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-30 at 11:18 PM.