Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ppl with out dbm

hey is there a plugg in, addon or any way to tell if some one in your raid group doesnt have dbm?

There are players who choose a different addon, so there is no reason why short of guild progression why you should be judging people on that.
    Guilds may well insist on the same addon for consistency, and while debatable I can see the reasons why.
    There are means, but that is not something to be encouraged.

Do a fight like H:LK and you'll QUICKLY find out who's not using a boss mod =)

ya thats great but im talking about ppl who use nothing and wipe raids because they dont have any ideal about whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Do a fight like H:LK and you'll QUICKLY find out who's not using a boss mod =)
    I don't get it.

Yes, there is an AddOn that will tell you if someone is not running DBM.

It's called "Deadly Boss Mods" :-\

Seriously.
    /dbm ver
    That will tell you what version each member of your party/raid is running and will show those who aren't running it.

But like somebody already said, just because someone isn't running DBM doesn't mean they're not running any boss mods at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    /dbm version

Although as was pointed out, players may choose different boss mods such as DXE, Raidwatch so this isnt an effective way to show if a player is using any boss mod atall, it only applies to DBM.

not like its needed for all the reg icc content..
    anyone with half a brain can do that

You specifically asked about ONE specific boss mod, and therefore went by the assumption that either that is the only one, or that the others are not upto the same standards.
    DBM does likely have a version check, though at a quick glance I am not able to find one.
    If it does exist, then it will only pick up on those using DBM - not tell you about what else others may or may not be using.

There are addons to monitor addon communication which may identify the boss mods, plus a lot more that people are using, but if a pug fails then it is not always down to bossmods.

Edit: The above post stated the version check I was not able to find, but the point remains.
    That will not tell you what someone else is using.

Usually most people that don't have DBM either:

1. Don't know what it is

2. Know exactly whats going on, and don't need it.

Judging someone over their use of DBM (or lack of it in this case) isn't very smart. I no longer use DBM, since I found it distracting. Not one thing in regular, and most of heroic, Icecrown Citadel requires DBM or any other boss mod. Dodging Malleable Goo is easy if you have any ability to pay attention and that is pretty much the only use for DBM I can think of. I don't see why you would want to know if someone is using DBM, just because they don't have it doesn't mean a wipe is their fault...
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by towndrunk View Post
    ya thats great but im talking about ppl who use nothing and wipe raids because they dont have any ideal about whats going on
    Honestly, if you can't tell who caused the wipe by not paying attention.... then you're the most likely candidate for the person that wasn't paying attention to what was going on. It's pretty obvious when someone fails on a mechanic... I suggest paying more attention to the fight, and less attention to your addons.

DBM for heroics.
    DXE for raids.

DXE sings to me when I raid. <3

Quote Originally Posted by remember1 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Defile. If it's cast on you and you don't have the mod, it won't give a chat massage saying "Defile on me!", and anybody other than you getting a tick will be a wipe. Now this is of course assuming the person knows what they're doing. Most people who refuse to use boss mods aren't usually 100% aware of what's going on either.

It's safe to always assume somebody doesn't have the mod and call something out on vent either way, but there are still plenty of people who actually do pay attention and know how to spread out/gtf-away from people too close when they see the LK cast shadow trap or defile on them.

IMO, DBM is just another add-on to help someone who cant pay attention to details or play for themselves. (AVR was just over the top in terms of helping idiots though lol)
    New and shiny compppppp!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by remember1 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Lol why is everyone moving ?
    *Shadow trap explosion*
    Woops ...

OR

*Plague on you*
    (Vent: MOVE FFS !!)
    What ?
    *Boom*
    Woops ...

OR

*Defile*
    WOOPS !
    So yeah, DMB helps ALOT on H:LK

I prefer DXE. That said, if you're a raid leader, DBM has a function to ping everybody's DBM and check their version numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Honestly, if you can't tell who caused the wipe by not paying attention.... then you're the most likely candidate for the person that wasn't paying attention to what was going on. It's pretty obvious when someone fails on a mechanic... I suggest paying more attention to the fight, and less attention to your addons.
    100% agree.

It's safe to always assume somebody doesn't have the mod and call something out on vent either way, but there are still plenty of people who actually do pay attention and know how to spread out/gtf-away from people too close when they see the LK cast shadow trap or defile on them.
    That requires:

a. Focus as LK
    b. Focus Target enabled
    c. You watching who the focus is targeting throughout the fight
    d. You calling out when you see that you're targeted so the rest of the raid knows it's on you

Why wouldn't you have a mod that can take care of all of that? Just to clarify, this is Heroic Lich King, not normal where you could take 10 ticks of defile and still be fine.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-08-29 at 11:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by towndrunk View Post
    hey is there a plugg in, addon or any way to tell if some one in your raid group doesnt have dbm?
    I'm surprised you understand what DBM is telling you