15+ Year Old Account

Spriest need some pvp advice.

I am having a little trouble vs melee when my Physic horror is down. when i duel a warrior he keeps me hamstringed the whole time leaving me only room to apply DP and SWP. if i try VT or MB or any casts they get pummeled or shield smashed. if i Fear they pop beserker and what ever room i got away from them, they just charge and hamstring again. i know fade gets me out of it but its very easy to re apply. DK's a find myself dispelling chains so often that i can only get my dots rolling and no MF or MB. and rouges well rouges keep me slowed 24-7 and any time i fear its either CoS or trinket and they sit on me agian. if i do get a fear and fade run kite, i normally get blinded and they catch up again

Any advice on how to keep distance from then while my physic horror is on Cd. for the most part if all my CD are up i can 1v1 anyone. its surviving when they are down which i am having a huge problem with

If you're having trouble 1v1 with the most overpowered 1v1 class I think you should just stop PvPing and go back to PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    for the most part if all my CD are up i can 1v1 anyone. its surviving when they are down which i am having a huge problem with

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore him.

What kind of gear exactly are you wearing? Is it up to part PvP gear? Also these warriors you are going up against, have you noticed what kind of PvP gear they have on?

15+ Year Old Account
    i do have sub par pvp gear atm. i have 8 80's so he kinda got left behind in the gear category. but i am working on him. hes onl 4.8 gs with 750 res. and the warriors i face are like 5.8k gs but i am a good player. 2 of my toons have 2k ratings in all arena brackets. idk if i am missing somthing with spriests

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior:

If he is a decent warrior, he will wait to shield slam your VT then go into a blade storm after MS is up and you are locked out. So use psychic horror to get up VT first, and get full DoTs up. Keep your shield up, keep Inner will up, fade everytime you came to kite him.

Fear when you can, be ready get Vt up again as fast as you can. Warriors are prolly the easiest melee to killl as a spriest.

DK:

Most Dk's DG at the begining so fear right from the start and get full DoTs up, when you ahve full DoTs, Silence so he can't cast AMS, which will allow you to MB and get the healing debuff up and put in some more damage. When he cast AMS Shadowfiend to keep damage up and kite him, dispelling chains, keping up shield and dispersing if he is eating into you hard.

Dk's are the toughest melee against spriest if played correctly.

Other tips are:
    -DoT up ghoul to prevent the ghoul sacrifice.
    -get abolish disease before he death coils and diseases are undispellable
    -Shackle Gargoyle to void his DPS CD (they hit hard)

I hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerix View Post
    If you're having trouble 1v1 with the most overpowered 1v1 class I think you should just stop PvPing and go back to PvE.
    Or L2P, and thats exactly what he is doing when he made this thread you troll!

To OP;

I have hade the same problem with my spriest... tbh i never learned i just rerolled Disc. Its so much easier.
    But well after reading this i might actully try out shadow.
    Last edited by mmocac820410e9; 2010-08-30 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Yeah I mean it somewhat depends even if you're disc or shadow. I find in my disc spec, DK's are the easiest class to destroy and warrior's are the toughest.

When I go back to the game at launch, I will be doing shadow this time around for PvP

Still though, hellar, it depends on what gear they have on compared to you. :/ In disc, if I was facing a DK in way better PvP gear then me, I would fall.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    if getting a good cast is really a problem then just send shadowfiend out and spam DP. Keep your shiled up, get a renew up and PoM. i really have no problem with any class in 1v1 and im in the best gear you can get before needing rating (gottat love free 25 arena points). Wait for the blade storm and then use Physic Horror and imo who cares if a warrior sows your movement. you should be in melee range anyways to avoid the charge interrupt. fear whenever its off CD, keep DoTs up and if he does lock your shadow out, bubble and start using healing spells like holy nova renew, PoM or even Holy fire and Smite. Theres still more for you to do. also if you get in a real pinch then just disperse and let your dots heal you up some.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Fear him, fade, apply VT.

If he gets rid of his fear, PH him.

Really, warriors are annoying because using any cast-time spells are difficult. Thankfully you have your trusty DP spam-o-matic (Which is your finger)

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

1: Join a 3s team with a healer and a class that can CC well.
    2: Bind mana burn to your spacebar and spam it
    3: ??
    4: profit

10+ Year Old Account
    You will oom yourself quickly as shadow mana burning. It is usually better to do damage to make them heal.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrayne View Post
    You will oom yourself quickly as shadow mana burning. It is usually better to do damage to make them heal.
    this^
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-