Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lore question! ASPECTS

what are the dragon aspects jobs i know they take care of their respective broods but im fail at lore

since we are shoopdawooping all the aspects I'd like to know the reprecussions lol.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

They were, somewhat, put in place to make sure no one directly went around trying to free the Old Gods.

For this reason it is easy to speculate that upon the death of an Aspect an Old God comes to power, though no Aspect's death occured for C'thun (unless you make the case that it was Deathwing's insanity that allowed C'thun to be released but then you have to say that Nozdormu isn't insane/corrupted because we haven't fought a third Old God as of yet).

Each was appointed a duty by the Titans before they left to wherever.

Alexstrasza was appointed to protect all life on Azeroth.

Malygos was appointed to watch over the magic of the world and make sure no one abused it.

Neltharion(Deathwing) was appointed to watch over the deep places of the planet.

Nozdormu was appointed to protect the timeline.

Ysera was appointed to watch over the Emerald Dream.

if we go around pew pewing aspects and old gods wont something bad happen like, i final aspect or old god remains and is super powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    They were, somewhat, put in place to make sure no one directly went around trying to free the Old Gods.

For this reason it is easy to speculate that upon the death of an Aspect an Old God comes to power, though no Aspect's death occured for C'thun (unless you make the case that it was Deathwing's insanity that allowed C'thun to be released but then you have to say that Nozdormu isn't insane/corrupted because we haven't fought a third Old God as of yet).
    I thought they were each there to watch over a different part of the world? (i.e. life, magic, time, emerald dream, deep places) I didn't think there was any connection between them and the old gods?

Anyway, you may be right and one thing if you are could be that there are rumours of a third old god in cata who has been stirring for some time I believe (I'm not in beta though so I'm not too sure). maybe C'thun was infact awoken by Nozdormu rather then Deathwing, whilst deathwing's insanity woke this third one long ago, he just has yet to show himself.

Quote Originally Posted by kekeoki View Post
    if we go around pew pewing aspects and old gods wont something bad happen like, i final aspect or old god remains and is super powerful?
    Don't worry, by that time Me'dan should be powerful enough to create a whole new planet by sneezing so I think we'll be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrescene View Post
    I thought they were each there to watch over a different part of the world? (i.e. life, magic, time, emerald dream, deep places) I didn't think there was any connection between them and the old gods?

Anyway, you may be right and one thing if you are could be that there are rumours of a third old god in cata who has been stirring for some time I believe (I'm not in beta though so I'm not too sure). maybe C'thun was infact awoken by Nozdormu rather then Deathwing, whilst deathwing's insanity woke this third one long ago, he just has yet to show himself.
    Well, they were for the world but by extension they were put in place to make sure no one undermined the prisons of the Old Gods. For the Old Gods escape, we have seen it be pretty quick in the Malygos-Yogg case but also pretty long (if Deathwing's insanity is connected with either C'thun or the rumored Old God of Cata) [that is the death/insanity to escape]. Personally I feel that Noz isn't lost and the connection of Aspect death/insanity to Old God escape is nonexistent.
    Last edited by mynameisjona; 2010-08-30 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's speculated that if all the Aspects die the Old Gods get more powerful, or something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post

Im not even sure i believe this anymore....

Then lets hope that the last aspect alive is on the good side, right?

Side note: I personally am not a fan of that theory. It doesn't really sound right. The Aspects and the Old Gods just seem to be too unrelated to be involved.

Me'dan? who is that

Me'dan? who is that
    Nobody you need to learn about
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Me'dan? who is that
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Med%27an
    Enjoy!

Well now I want to know *wowwiki*

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 04:44 AM ----------

Me'dan isnt on wowwiki who is that? I have beta but havent gotten into it much, new char?

Well now I want to know *wowwiki*
    Short version:
    The new Guardian, Garona and Medivh's child. Never mentioned ingame, in books, just the comic series, and it's already been told to us by Blizzard he's "busy" during cataclysm so even tho the world is falling apart, we wont see him
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

woops thanks for the link rofl i couldnt find it

10+ Year Old Account
    The Aspects jobs r pointless 1 is dead and the other is crazy. yet nothing has happend to the world. I don't think we need them anymore.

There is never any direct indication that the old gods and aspects have any relation. The only thing lore has to say about the roles of the aspects as stated previously is that they were created to watch over the world in each of their designated areas in the absence of the titans.

Alexstraza was in charge of preserving life itself and keeping the mortal creations of the titans safe.
    Ysera was in charge of monitoring the emerald dream, the blueprint of Azeroth created by the titans.
    Malygos was in charge of keeping dangerous magics from destroying the world. This drove him to attempt to kill the mortals of Azeroth once he regained sanity and realized everyone on Azeroth now used magic without hesitation.
    Neltharion (deathwing) was in charge of protecting the deepest places of the earth and his proximity to old gods drove him mad
    Nozdormu was in charge of protecting the timeways and making sure events play out in the way most similar to the titan's original plans.

That being said the titans could have known the power of the old gods and it would make sense to use the race they designated to protect Azeroth to also keep the old gods under control. There are 5 old gods and 5 aspects, seems a little convenient. It also explains why the brood of Nozdormu showed such interest in C'thun and was the primary reputation faction in Ahn'Qiraj (alongside Cenarion circle) when their primary duty is to protect time which has little to do with the old gods. This would also explain why Malygos' insanity/death was so close in time to Yogg-saron's attempt at freedom. With some evidence of corruption in all of the aspects except Alexstraza (Deathwing was driven insane directly by the old gods, Malygos was driven insane by the destruction of most of his flight caused by deathwing and then driven insane again by finding out mortals used magic, Ysera and some of her flight have started becoming partially influenced by the nightmare, hinted at as being caused by the old gods, and Nozdormu has been hinted at as being the leader of the infinites).

It seems the old gods could be trying to pick off aspects. Maybe eventually once all 5 die (We could kill the first 4 because of their corruption and then Alex snaps because we killed her siblings or maybe she dies another way but I don't see her going truly crazy) we might get to witness the full power of the old gods.
    Last edited by Lore Lord; 2010-08-30 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like The One?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I'm going to jump on the "there is no connection between the Aspects dying and the Old Gods getting more powerful" train.

The Titans, in their infinite wisdom and arrogance, probably believed that the Old God issue was dealt with permanently. They appointed the Aspects to watch over the various Aspects of Azeroth: Life, Earth, Time, Magic, Dreams.

Besides, the Old Gods are more powerful than the Dragon Aspects anyway.

Well technically Neltharion the Earthbinder (Deathwing) was left to watch over the world to make sure no one hurts the planet itself. He was supposed to keep the world as close as possible to it's Emerald Dream cousin.

We aren't going to kill all the aspects. In fact 4 of the original 5 remain alive, and Malygos, whom we adventurers killed, is being replaced by his son Kalecgos [Possible Speculation].

Neltharion want to all ends to help protect the planet, even going as far to create the Dragon Soul, which was formed in a metal disc, with power from all of the aspects. But as it would go Neltharion would slip into madness, and use the Dragon Soul on everyone at the end of the War of the Ancients, killing the entire Blue Flight except Malygos, drinving Malygos into a depressed manic mental state. Neltharion was corrupted by the Old Gods, which is why Neltharion and Ragnaros are teaming up, they are both controlled by the Old Gods. I doubt that Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, or Ysera will fall to the Old Gods, even so a member of their brood could stand up and take their place.

Now the Old Gods were inprisoned by the Titans. Eventually their cells have weakened and they have enough power to control some mortals, who then find more and so on. C'thun used his power to create the Twilight Cult who helped to free him, but we adventures kill him before he did any large form of damage to the planet. Yogg'saron we stopped before his influence spread to any sentient life beyond Furbolgs.

Actually I think by killing the Old Gods physical forms we are actually releasing them from their true prison, which is their physical form. One titan has actually been corrupted by the Old Gods, that one being Sargeras who just happens to be the leader of the Burning Legion.

Here is Azerothian Pantheon:

Old Gods/Titans > Dragon Aspects > Elementals > Demigods > Mortal Races

So really Sargeras would be easy to take down, he's only a single titan, if we had backup we could take him down, his Legion consists of nothing but mortal races. In Ulduar, we has Titan Backing against and Old God, and that should make Deathwing sound like an easy fight.
    Last edited by Linkedblade; 2010-08-30 at 05:25 AM.