Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Rawarawr. I don't want to thread jack, but my god why is everyone on this forum banned? And four threads on the main page are locked. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting
    I've noticed that. I'm seeing so many people banned nowadays :/

10+ Year Old Account
    i've got hacked bout 4-5 months ago. I managed to retrieve my account about 15-20 min after it got hacked. Nothing seemed to be sold or deleted till i logged one of my crappy alts a few days later and saw he had 120k gold, 4 frostweave bags all filled with uncut epic gems, crusader orbs, titansteel and a few battered hilts. I told blizzard nothing bout this as they would probally just remove all of it wich would be a shame..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexyama View Post
    (guildies kept spamming Trade with him while i was getting account back)
    wat?

Deleted
    I got hacked in january but reported it in march, when I first logged with my paladin, he was in the middle of elementals, with tons of eternal fires in his inventory, while all other my toons where naked, I asked blizzard for my items, but didn't say em about ma paladin, and when they emailed me all teh item, they also sent me more eternals xD, looks like that guy farmed with ma pally while I was not playin
    made about 15k gold with all those eternals

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Bolded for importance. That means there's an issue with the payment used for the account. You probably won't be seeing any free game time
    pwn'd :P

Quote Originally Posted by Medika View Post
    I've made 20, 000g last time I got hacked.
    LOLLOOL

i stopped playing a little after WotLK came out.. i was 72 when i quit on my DK.
    i come back like 3 months later, i'm level 78 with 450 skinning 450 LW and every single bag filled with endless stacks of [Heavy Knothide Leather].. that sells for like 400g a stack on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    This has never happened to me because I use an authenticator and am a smart internet user.
    You can actually install an authenticator on your account for free due to the phone emulator that was posted on this forum a few months back.
    If you search for authenticator i'm sure you can find it.

Alternatively, there's a link in my sig to it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjelin View Post
    A friend of mine got 8 months of free gametime, as the hacker added his credit card xD
    More likely the hacker sold the account to an unsuspecting third person who then attached his credit card in good faith.
    Still, good times, people shouldn't buy accounts.
    But the hacker doesn't care I bet. He got his cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    I've noticed that. I'm seeing so many people banned nowadays :/
    I'm sure there's a good reason for it.
    Check their post log just in case?
    Last edited by bbr; 2010-09-05 at 09:54 PM.

Happened to me before, I was on a brake from wow and had my subscription canceled. One day a guy on msn told me that he saw my character spamming gold websites in stormwind. I logged in my account and changed password. I had paid gametime for 2 months and all my items were intact.

this isnt wow related but hacked related...

so I gave Aion a try, made it to 30 before i decided to go back to WoW... the other day i got a call from a friend that still plays Aion, asking me why i removed him from friends list and didnt let him know i was playing again...

tried to log onto my Aion account but the password is now incorrect...

so now the toon is level 35 after a day... im gonna wait till the fucker gets my toon to max level then yank my account back from him, maybe start playing again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Rawarawr. I don't want to thread jack, but my god why is everyone on this forum banned? And four threads on the main page are locked. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting
    i've noticed a lot more banned posters the past week or so...could just be my paranoia creeping up on me though. IMO mmochamp should add a link to all posts that cause a ban...i'm sure they wouldn't as it invites too much scrutiny...but i always read banned posters and wonder what they did.

edit: don't want to sound like im complaining...mmo mods do well with a really tough job...
    "Brevity is...wit"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidyo View Post
    Neither will the OP. 1 of 2 things will more than likely happen:

1. The payment will be rejected as the hacker is probably using a stolen/fake credit card.
    2. If the payment is accepted, Blizzard won't let the OP keep the time on the account, as the money to pay for it was probably stolen.
    My friend got one or two months from a hacker and they let him keep it.

I got hacked once and found a credit card subscription attached to my account. 1 month recurring.

I was so tempted to just let it sit there but I was worried about legal action so I canceled it. Still got a free month though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    mine recently got hacked and the hacker added a authenticator on the account. i got the account back in a few hours and got to keep the corehound pup XD. My authenticator is on its way now lol