Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gruul was the only boss in TBC I liked the voice & dialogue on, Mimi was the only one in Wrath.

I guess this means we're due one more in Cata

I agree with Sinestra, but I think Deathwhisper and Sindragosa are fine.

Deathwhisper sounds just right in my opinion, due to her being a Lich. And if you read up on Sindragosa, you'll know why she sounds like that. She is full of hatred and vengeance after all.

I would agree. That woman also does Alexstrasza's voice, and will probably do Ysera's voice as well. Just like Metzen does just about every single major lore male voice. Though, it didn't sound much like him with Ragnaros. I could understand having Metzen do all the male voices back in classic, as warcraft wasn't that big of a franchise. That, and he did those voices in WC3 (not sure about 1 and 2 as I never got to play them). But there needs to be a bit more variety in voices (both male and female). Blizzard can definitely afford a larger cast of voice actors now.

Quote Originally Posted by eLiTe_J_ View Post
    Wow, i never understood what were those yells in naxx. Scary!

OT: I like Sindragosa's voice, at first i didnt, but it grew on me.

I always loves Moroes's lines, though idk this vid makes them seem a bit worse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3RwHOPEF1w
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

Deleted
    Blizzard loves the reverse-echo sound effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinkavyn View Post
    I don't know who voiced Herod in Scarlet Monastery, but that was definitely the worst I've heard in the game so far.

sounded like a 20yo frat brother.

"Blades of Light!"
    Thats exactly what Herod appeared as to me, a Nelson Muntz, lol.

I see what people are talking about with the voice acting these days though, shows like The Simpsons have had fantastic voice acting for years yet for some reason a lot of games companies and other voice actors don't seem to have learned anything from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post
    I ensure you, i could do a 10 times better job writing dialogues than those that are present now. And no,"eat my fluffy kittens" is not the only choice, and you would be an idiot for believing that.
    Then do so, and make tons of money from it.
    My name is Earthsong, and I like to collect pets,
    http://warcraftpets.com/account/prof...user=earthsong

I also like to explore

15+ Year Old Account
    I've only really noticed a decline in decent female voice actors.

Male ones are generally OK (Metzen and others) 80% of the time but the female actors really need to put more effort into it.

OR Blizzard needs to use more wave editors and make them sound more badass. Sylvanas' new voice for example is a bit iffy, but with a greater echo and 'banshee' like sound to her voice she could sound so much better.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing without sounds a few years now, but what I've been listening from youtube, they don't sound that bad to me tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemedus View Post
    Same voices??

How about this: the 3 main villians of the current and upcomming expansions all betrayed those who they first lived with;

Illidan Stormrage betrayed the night elves.
    Arthas betrayed Lordaeron.
    Neltharion betrayed the aspects.
    (How about seeing Queen Aszara in the expansion after Cataclysm? That would surely sequel this list well enough)

Cheap plot twist maybe?
    What has that got to do with what you quoted???
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

They have some great VO in some places (c'thun for instance) but also some bad ones (can't think of any specific ones). However all of them are still above the "ok" mark for me so far.

As far as dialog and such goes you have to remember that it has nothing to do with the VO work, they don't write the lines, they just read them back. As for the writing itself it's most likely not done by one guy, some are good some are bad and some are truly horrible.

Then there's the matter of how it's implemented technically which is yet another aspect. Some mobs simply overuse their speech or are horribly repeated over and over. (in the mountains)

They do have the ability to connect all of these aspects brilliantly from time to time (just watch the patch trailers) so it's just a matter of getting the right writer, the right VO for the job and the correct technical aspect of it all.

I've been trying lotro for a bit and anyone who's ever played that game knows how horrible some VO's and implementations can be, even if it's based on actual pre-scripted lore. (Whoever hears the voice of sauron will be petrified, and not because he's evil but because his VO is so insanely horrible)

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post
    I ensure you, i could do a 10 times better job writing dialogues than those that are present now. And no,"eat my fluffy kittens" is not the only choice, and you would be an idiot for believing that.

And you would be an idiot if you believed that if you did get the job, after a few raids there wouldnt be someone on an internet forum saying how much your writing skills sucked. There are always fans that think they can do betetr (that and you starting with "I ensure you" makes me think you wouldnt be able to do any better).

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    I've only really noticed a decline in decent female voice actors.

Male ones are generally OK (Metzen and others) 80% of the time but the female actors really need to put more effort into it.

OR Blizzard needs to use more wave editors and make them sound more badass. Sylvanas' new voice for example is a bit iffy, but with a greater echo and 'banshee' like sound to her voice she could sound so much better.
    It seems like Blizzard only employs 3 or 4 female voice actors: female orc/troll/worgen in worgen form, sindragosa/alexstrasza/sinestra, sylvanas, and jaina. At least with the males (except for metzen), they seem to be able to vary their voice a bit more than the females.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I agree with you but i would still love to hear other voices instead of Metzen on almost every male character.
    Theres a couple that aren't him. =)

But your right, Metzen does way too many voices.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Atica;8713573]1. Same voices
    Lady Deathwhisper - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmDOLVlkntQ
    Sindrigosa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEVs61zVUc8
    Lady Sinestra - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek-iBZunEhU At 3:37

This voice actor can appearently only do one.[QUOTE]

It is not all the fault of the voice actress... they would have been told to change the voice if the director thought it did not fit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hate the voice acting , turn off the wow sound and start listen to vent ..

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwisper is my most hated voice, she sounds like Elliot from scrubs PMSing. Everytime we face her, I just imagine repeatedly slamming her face against the wall until she STFU's. It GRATES on me D:

I never had an issue with the voice acting, I am just glad we even get voices on bosses, since they never really had to do it. I do wish they would get more variety though.

Deleted
    Blizzard could hire some decent voice actors for SC2, so why not for WoW?