The Trident of Naz'jan

When I did the quest in the title (Link I noticed something on the questtext.

Five hundred years ago, Azshara imprisoned a being named Leviroth in the waters below. Now these barbarians seek to undo our queen's work!
    How could azhara do this five hundred years ago? Isn't she captured like, in the middle of the maelstrom or something? I'm confused, and if anyone can't answer I'll just wait for DarkSide

Deleted
    I heard Night Elves lived a loooong time. (Naga are mutated Nelves/Highborne after all)

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    When I did the quest in the title (Link I noticed something on the questtext.

How could azhara do this five hundred years ago? Isn't she captured like, in the middle of the maelstrom or something? I'm confused, and if anyone can't answer I'll just wait for DarkSide
    She was never captured in the Maelstrom. The Maelstrom isn't some kind of prison, so I don't see how you could think that. She's been ruling under at the bottom of the ocean ever since the Well of Eternity imploded in on itself and the Highborne made a deal with Neptulon to become Naga and survive the sinking of their homeland.

She isn't captured, she's just... well, stuck underneath the sea. The Old God's power transformed her and the remaining Highborn into Naga so they could breath underwater (ergo, survive) and empowered them so they would serve their cause. So, these creatures being imprisoned by Azhara are simply ways for her to take control of everything bellow the surface - strengthen her domain. Nothing too fancy if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243 View Post
    She was never captured in the Maelstrom. The Maelstrom isn't some kind of prison, so I don't see how you could think that. She's been ruling under at the bottom of the ocean ever since the Well of Eternity imploded in on itself and the Highborne made a deal with Neptulon to become Naga and survive the sinking of their homeland.
    Thought it was the Old gods.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Maelstrom has nothing to do with Azshara. The Maelstrom was created as a result of the implosion of the Well of Eternity. The Highborne that was left in the Capital City of the Night Elves (which was located beside the Well of Eternity) got transformed into Nagas as a way to survive. And for stormshadow243, the Highborne didn't make a deal with Neptulon it was only Aszhara that did. I also thought it was the Old Gods like mööh suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I heard Night Elves lived a loooong time. (Naga are mutated Nelves/Highborne after all)
    Well, she's over ten thousand years old, so I'm aware of that, but I didn't think she ever went to land

Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243 View Post
    As I wrote to above poster, I doubt she would ever set her feet (see wut i did thur?) on land the last 10.000 years x) I doubt she has a lot of friends

It's a sea creature, so even though she can set tail on land (as we see with all naga and in cataclysm for 5 minutes) she wouldn't need to.

All quests (not matter how small) need Metzen's approval to get in game.
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

15+ Year Old Account
    Azshara can walk on dry land, she does so on many occasions in Cataclysm. It is not unlikely that she goes to northrend to do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Azshara can walk on dry land, she does so on many occasions in Cataclysm. It is not unlikely that she goes to northrend to do this.
    Sorry to go off topic but many? Does she ever do it other than that one time in Darkshore? (or was it Desolace?) :-p

Anyways, like others pointed already... she's not stuck down there by any means and can leave at will.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Well, she's over ten thousand years old, so I'm aware of that, but I didn't think she ever went to land

As I wrote to above poster, I doubt she would ever set her feet (see wut i did thur?) on land the last 10.000 years x) I doubt she has a lot of friends
    What prevents her from going on land? And how does imprisoning a sea monster require she go on land?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    Sorry to go off topic but many? Does she ever do it other than that one time in Darkshore? (or was it Desolace?) :-p

Anyways, like others pointed already... she's not stuck down there by any means and can leave at will.
    Okay, many is overstatement, but it was mostly there for color anyway. A couple is more like it
    I think once is hyjal aswell, but i may have made it up...

Thanks for answers people, got my question solved Reporting for lock.

Illdian: Imprison for 10 thoundsand year, banish from own homeland and now you dare enter my realm.
    You are not prepared

Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Illdian: Imprison for 10 thoundsand year, banish from own homeland and now you dare enter my realm.
    You are not prepared
    fail spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    Locked per OP request.